• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is this how its done? Was in a local Pensacola business a while back, and saw this crap.... He knew he was a flasher, and seemed pretty proud of it.... Looked to be a Kimber 9.... How would you have handled this?

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
      ddd.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 392

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    When I see this all I think is " attention whore" look at me!, look at me! I saw a guy carring a 8 inch magnum revolver awhile back in a hardware store. Just my choice to conceal. It's legal here in Alabama to open carry and I do, sometimes proper setting like in jeep headed to the woods.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Everyone seems to be of the mindset "don't get involved" these days.

For me, though? You say "he knew he was a flasher, and seemed pretty proud of it", that tells me he's already had someone say something to him in front of you and he didn't care? I'd keep my eye on him while I ask the business owner if open-carry is allowed in their store. If not, is this guy an employee? Depending on the answers and how the armed guy reacts to overhearing that conversation between me and someone else, I'll choose my own adventure. Most likely outcome, play nice, exit quietly, call the cops outside the store.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Meh, another clown making a statement he likely can't/won't back up. While everyone is watching him, no one notices me, and I'm OK with that. On another note. Saw some clown in the Crestview Cracker Barrel the other day with a full double mag pouch on his belt, but no sign of weapon/printing. Maybe he just forgot, didn't care, or his badge was concealed, too. No, I didn't show him mine.......

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'd keep my eye on him while going about my own business.

Same here. Not because I think he will do something with bad intentions, but with my luck, I would be in a dressing room trying on a pair of pants or in the crapper and that joker is in the stall next to me, accidentally drops the gun and shots me.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know what Red Foreman would think of him ;)
    16142642_1314991098575764_2574922233949104192_n.jpg

Attachments

• 16142642_1314991098575764_2574922233949104192_n.jpg
      16142642_1314991098575764_2574922233949104192_n.jpg
      14.9 KB · Views: 461

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was he enroute to an activity where OC "to/from" is lawful? Maybe off duty LE and not concerned about.

I have no problem addressing such things. I view it as possibly keeping a gun owner out of trouble. You do tactfully, brief and discreet: not directind but advising. A few months ago, Wife and I were in Brooklyn Pizza, saw a guy about 60YO sitting with family(?). Shirt tucked in and small Kimber OC. I approached: Excuse me, I'm a gun guy too but with few exceptions OC is not allowed in FL, permitted CC is fine, just a heads up. Gentleman said he was from AL and "thought" the Law was the same and thanked me. He went to his car ad came back clean, gave me a wave before he sat down.

People can be receptive or not but advising them in a manner to protect their interests shouldn't create hostility. If he would have said" Mind you own business!" , I'd say have a good day and walk away.

It's fine for people to handle these varied situations as they feel is appropriate for "themselves". I too, may do things differently depending on the situation.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's guys like this one that give the left more ammunition for their anti-gun agenda. It makes the rest of us have to work harder.

darellruda21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I prefer to conceal rather than open carry. I want the element of surprise and I also don't want to be the target because I'm packing if someone wants to do something malicious and now they will have access to my gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Exactly, that’s the whole purpose of concealed carry. If you’re in a store and somebody is planning to rob it they are concentrating on the person behind the counter and the cash register. Those moments of inattention will provide a CCW holder an opportunity and time to act appropriately if they chose to do so. To me it’s the entire purpose of a concealed carry permit and that’s concealment. It’s nobody’s business if I’m carrying a weapon or not. JMHO

Top Bottom