• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The OPs original question is wrong.

The correct question is "why do arbitrary lengths, grip combinations, plastic doo dads, mufflers and other "features" turn me into a felon if I don't pay a tax?"

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The OPs original question is wrong.

The correct question is "why do arbitrary lengths, grip combinations, plastic doo dads, mufflers and other "features" turn me into a felon if I don't pay a tax?"

Because the government says so and they will send you to jail at their pleasure if you are proven in their courts of law to violate these arbitrary rulings. Might makes right and that is how it is.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's a random photo found on the internet.... I'm gonna get the same one that's on the Ruger.

View attachment 77349

The other day I was out trying mine out and with a 7 inch barrel in 7.62x39 that thin blade of the arm brace was not at all pleasant to shoot. you can not on pain crossing the ATF can put a recoil pad on it. I will simply pad my shoulder for range sessions. for home SD one would not notice it too much. The muzzle blast is horrendous.
    I put in an H3 weighted buffer in it to slow down the bolt speed. Shells now seemed to be ejecting at about 3-4 O'clock instead of 1 or 2 o'clock. Gives the magazine more time to push up a round to be fed and and easier on the bolt lugs and extractor of the 7.62x39 bolt. Delaying the opening and also the speed of unlocking I think is easier on the bolt. These structures are known to break on 7.62x39 AR Bolts. 7.62x39 in an AR15 is pushing it a little beyond what it was intended to do.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep. I had one. Real kick and mega blast. You would suffer permanent hearing loss if fired inside. I believe. The arm cuff type brace is better, just have to add the beaker plugs, hypothetically to keep it from sliding towards the reciever. We would never do that.....

Re bolts- the first bolts were ground out to fit the larger shell and failed, imagine that? The modern ones are made that way and are much better. As far as limits go I'd say the 450 is pushing the limits. The x39 is a good choice, I think.

Top Bottom