• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been reading reviews/watching videos and I think the next light I'm buying will be an Owl from Cloud Defense... it's not cheap, but it's built like a tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Take your pick of the small lights from China on Ebay. Make sure they take 1 or 2 18650 batts. (The smaller,gun friendly lights take one.)
    Make sure the barrel of the light is 1.0" or close to it. My lights are 1000-4000+L. While on Ebay pick up a pact of 2 UTG(el cheap-po) scope rings in 30mm. The kind with the adjustable throw lever.
    Wrap the light with the appropriate amount of tape so the the light fits snugly in the rings whith the top screws cranked all the way down.
    Adjust the rings to fit your pic tail. (Either side,bottom,top,top of pic style Burris rings,etc.)
    Me . . . I buy the little lights with batt and charger. Get the batts with AT LEAST 3200mAH capacity. Mine are 5000 or 6000mAH.
    It took me a couple of years,but now everything that takes batts (except my thermal) runs on 18650 rechargeable batts. I have about 30 of them and 6 double batt chargers.
    Handle the 18650 batts carefully. They have a circuit with a small wire. If you drop them on the concrete floor,they are usually no-workie. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    becareful on ebay, they are selling 20,000 lumen lights that are 500-1000 and are lying, also with the trade war I have not receiver 3 orders in 90 days and some not at all. This after, Like Sawman, buying many good China lights in the past.. That is why I gave you the link above for a trusted light source

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The human eye can see green easier than red. Most dot sights are red.
    Frank is right in his above also.
    People that are buying a "famous,tactical,last forever,combat ready,lights are also paying $3.00 - $4.00 EACH for CR123 batts. I get them for <$1.00 each. Made by child labor,in some sweat shop,by non union employee's.
    For "general purposes" the lights and batts from China are great. Besides . . . does anyone REALLY believe that most all of this stuff is not made in China . . . just assembled in America. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Battery Junction for bulk CR123 batteries. They have the Chinese crap, but I usually get Panasonic for a few pennies more. I've seen a few thermal incidents with the Chinese batteries. I usually buy a box of 50-100 for a $1.20-$1.35 a battery depending on the deal that week.

I'm just not a fan of rechargeable for lights I depend on.

shootersid94

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I use a Nitecore P10. Fully waterproof, customizable settings, fits in 1in rings. Can also buy a pressure switch for it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Red/green is not for weapon lights. That’s for map reading, navigation, etc

Anyone needing CR123A primaries should go to Lowe’s or Amazon and buy the 12 pack of SureFires for $20-25.

Rechargeable is the way to go now. All my lights are either 18650, 18350, or 16340/LiFe04/LFP123

Right. Seems like somebody said the red or green lights didn't alert critters like the white does. Also something about blood trailing.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you want a red/green/IR light that's stupid bright, check out sniper hog lights...

We use them for locating alligators.... 500yrds is no problem if you know what you're looking for.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    If you want a red/green/IR light that's stupid bright, check out sniper hog lights...

We use them for locating alligators.... 500yrds is no problem if you know what you're looking for.

Yep. Reason I asked was the link frank posted had super bright red or green cree led lights on it as well as the white. It just got me thinking.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'd have to order them but I can do the surefire 12pk for $22.

I've had good luck with the streamlight batteries. They're cheaper than the surefire.

Actually, looks like my good deal stream light distributor closed up shop.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Thanks, I'll look around if I see a good deal I'll let you know. I saw Interstate has entered the small battery business.

Top Bottom