APOD Firearms

Gander Outdoors in Pensacola is Closing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Everything is 40% off except guns, generators and something else that I am blocking on at the moment, and they are 15% off. It is not due to sales. Corporate is focusing on their "core" business of travel trailers and and camping stuff. The Airport Blvd store is not zoned for selling camping trailers and such and so the store is closing.

The sales associates are being treated very shitty and are only being told that the store is going to close, but not being told when the store is closing. Morale is very low. I really feel for them. It is bad enough knowing that your job is going to end, and it would be especially demoralizing not knowing when. Corporate strikes again.

I know many have complained about their prices, and will not be sad to see them go. But, now the only "big box" store left in Pensacola to sell ammo and that has a good selection of firearms and sporting goods is Academy. With no competition they will be free to raise their prices. It is not a good outlook.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is there much left in the store? I was in there probably two weeks ago, and there was still a decent amount of fishing stuff left. One of the store employees said that they’re still occasionally getting in truckloads of merchandise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Lots of clothes, guns, and ammo. Their camping stuff is really thinning out. Didn't pay much attention to their fishing stuff. It looked like they still had some though.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Even at 40 off most pieces are too high. Brick and mortar doesn't want to drop their margins and compete with online. Look at Sears......they invented the catalog sale and it's what's killing them....

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Even at 40 off most pieces are too high. Brick and mortar doesn't want to drop their margins and compete with online. Look at Sears......they invented the catalog sale and it's what's killing them....

Yea I have been waiting for them to drop the generators lower. Even with 15% club price and vet discount. I can still can beat the price elsewhere.

I don't think they have sold one generator. All the boxes are in the same places.

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I did see some Stolquist angler life jackets. They are for paddlers not powerboats. Regular price was $130 but they are marked down to $20.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well finally broke down and bought a genset from them did not really need another one. We have a Honda, Yamaha, and the MEP-831A.

I can't believe the discount they have us Original price 1444.99 Good Sam Price 1299.99. They said you get 15% and then 5% for Military.

They sold us the generator for $888.20 steal of a deal. Don't know how they came up with it. Might by another one and keep in the box.

Hell you could probably get one of them new Honda 2200i for like 600 to 700. Who knows.

I like this one because it's duel fuel and electric start. I installed a tri-fuel kit on our Yamaha generator. The Honda is just gas. I tote it to the property to run fans while shooting.

Here are some pics of the new one. This thing is well thought out. Maint is very easy. I already ran is a few hours and did a few oil changes for break in.

VkrSXOE.jpg

bpTQlkI.jpg

PkK2hUl.jpg

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Disgruntled employee whose give-a-shit factor is gone.

"Oops. I hit the 15%-off button three times. My bad. Aaaaand let's not forget that 5%-off, too... Your total comes to, Uhm, F-this-company-that-has-no-sense."

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Disgruntled employee whose give-a-shit factor is gone.

"Oops. I hit the 15%-off button three times. My bad. Aaaaand let's not forget that 5%-off, too... Your total comes to, Uhm, F-this-company-that-has-no-sense."

Not sure if an Employee would have that power to give more off. The POS (Point of Sale) system will not let them without a MGR override. I just think things are discounted more that what the prices say. Either way great deal and thinking of getting another one.

Them Employees are not hurting. Those type of jobs are a dime a dozen. It's retail!!!

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, BWIW, the manager told me yesterday they were not going out of business, just clearing older merchandise out. Hard to tell with the aisle getting naked and the stands and racks that once held stuff are pushed to the corners of the building.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK, BWIW, the manager told me yesterday they were not going out of business, just clearing older merchandise out. Hard to tell with the aisle getting naked and the stands and racks that once held stuff are pushed to the corners of the building.

Yes they are staying in business and looking for a new place so they can sell campers. The great old Pensacola govt will not let them sell campers from that spot.

Played with that Generator some more today. Put a light load on it at first with a heat gun and the took it in my shop and really load tested it. I put in in over load several times. That thing is a work horse. No need to buy a Honda or Yamaha. LOL Yes I own them also.

I am sure if someone wanted one of those suitcase Honda 2200i's you could walk out of there only paying 600 to 700 if you are a good sam member and Military...

eDyIZtB.jpg

jhiMR7o.jpg

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Clearance items are now 30% off
    Marine and boating is 70% off
    I got some pretty good deals. It's getting thin.
    There were some 8 and 14 gun cheap steel safes. 50 bucks and 68 bucks. They are probably gone now.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ran by today, and it was busy; but most leaving empty like I did. Looked at that Champion Power Equipment 3500 watt dual fuel genny, but found it so much cheaper online, and in other local stores, I could not pull the trigger. Doubt I will be back!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Is the ammo still just 15% off?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone gone in recently? Wondered if they had dropped prices on ammo and guns.

Wife and I were there today. Still same 15% on guns and such. No killer deals at all.

I noticed all the 2200i Honda generators were gone. Those were a pretty good deal.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went by yesterday and didn’t see any bargains. Not on things I want anyway.
    I’m waiting on them to increase the discount on ammo. They have a few boxes of a rather obscure chambering that I could use.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I went today, and they have their parking lot Full of Campers and RV's. Inside is getting down to slim pickings now.

Thought the city wasn't going to let them sell campers?

Top Bottom