APOD Firearms

Gander Outdoors in Pensacola is Closing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I drive past there every morning on the way to work. I was surprised to see the entire lot full of campers yesterday morning. I wondered if that was some pushback against the city, "you said we can't sell them here, but you never said we can't store them here."

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thought the city wasn't going to let them sell campers?

Yup, they told me that too. Maybe they city had a change in heart when they started selling everything at big discounts? Or, Gander is being Defiant ??

Whatever the reason, they are Selling Campers and RV's there Now. :)

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    RV show. Only 4 days. Maybe they are trying to show the city how much interest they can bring in. Oct 17th-20th

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And the prices on the campers were cheap enough, at least I thought so. I saw a used 24' camper on C/L (i think it was, maybe FB) that was a 2012 and they wanted $17k for it.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And the prices on the campers were cheap enough, at least I thought so. I saw a used 24' camper on C/L (i think it was, maybe FB) that was a 2012 and they wanted $17k for it.

Not sure if I would buy a camper from there. The same crap they have at Camping World. You get what you pay for in the RV world for sure.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK? ^^^ They had/have a 2019 Mercedes Benz RV for sale there. It's a souped-up van. It's Beautiful, which I had time to travel the states, if I did, I certainly would give this one a try.
    I wouldn't call it "crap", maybe you're just referring to the campers? And true, most pull behinds are cheaply made, but that's pretty much from all manufacturers. But if you're in the market for a camper, pos or not, they've got good prices on them is all I'm saying.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IDK? ^^^ They had/have a 2019 Mercedes Benz RV for sale there. It's a souped-up van. It's Beautiful, which I had time to travel the states, if I did, I certainly would give this one a try.
    I wouldn't call it "crap", maybe you're just referring to the campers? And true, most pull behinds are cheaply made, but that's pretty much from all manufacturers. But if you're in the market for a camper, pos or not, they've got good prices on them is all I'm saying.

Yes Campers...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    All campers turn to junk after a few years. Roof, seals, sealants etc....... I'm glad I'm rich enough just to afford some firearms. RV out of my reach. More money than a boat lol

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All campers turn to junk after a few years. Roof, seals, sealants etc....... I'm glad I'm rich enough just to afford some firearms. RV out of my reach. More money than a boat lol

If you have a place to store them inside, they last forever. The sun and weather get to them pretty bad after a few years of out in the open!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What we have done in my life time. With boats have owned a few of them. I would buy used and then sale a few years later. Then buy another used one. Not worth buying a new boat. You will take a loss for sure. There was one boat I drove to NC to buy and I made money off it after using it and then selling it. Rare for sure but it can happen but you got to find a deal. It's all about timing.

With campers we started with one back in 1990 something. Think we are on our 7th now. But after two to three years I would trade and write a check for a new one. We use to love Aerolite / Kodiak but they have gone down hill bad. We have an Grand Design now. They build them very well for a camper. Most campers are crap.

If you want a deal on trade and buying a new one. Take care of your stuff. When you have the urge for a new one go in the winter when no one is buying and they will deal. There is a web site that shows dealer cost for campers. I use it get a price in my head to write a check out the door. If they come within a few hundred of that we have a deal.

After I get the camper home. I tear the thing apart rewire alot of stuff in it the way I want it and check all connections. I have seen some crazy stuff out there. Hint: I would never ever buy a forest river product again... Oh you worry about warranty I don't I fix most anything myself. Most dealers... RV dealers for sure will make matters worse and any big ticket items such as Fridge, AC, etc have there own warranty anyway and most of that stuff can be repaired pretty easy. Unless it's just gone. Then you can get the mfg to replace. Those roof AC's are repairable to a point. They make a tap so you can re charge the refrigerant if needed. When we ever full time I would get rig of that junk and installed a mini split 110VAC system.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Kendive has the right idea about not buying new and pulling apart everything. Nephew works for a camper dealership and he said the caulking around the doors and windows almost always have voids in the new ones. Those are the simple things to fix, some problems with campers like wiring and plumbing require knowledge and skills to repair and or upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK Marksman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of the employees seem to think there may be some hope of the store not closing but everything else says otherwise. Grabbed a couple of things when they were 40% off. Kind of regret not snagging a Vortex scope for like $700 when its usually $1300.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stopped by there yesterday. Same song - 15% odd guns & ammo, 40% everything else except boat stuff which was 70% off. Of course, there was virtually nothing worth anything left. Only thing that was worth anything is shore power cords if you have a boat in a slip. 50 amp & 30 amp if I remember.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    They are spending more on employees and the light bill than what they would lose if they would go ahead and mark everything 60% off and close the doors.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Swung by today. Hours are changed, opens at 11 and sign says "Store Closing". 20% off ammo and guns, lots of clothing 50% off the SALE price at the register. I got some ball caps for 95 cents, wife scored some jeans for 6 and change a pair.

Ammo stock looking thin, but had 35 Whelen and 304 Ruger in stock oddly enough. Of course they did not have what I wanted! LOL

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    They have stack on 4 light led safe light kits for 5 bucks!!! They are 17 plus shipping on Amazon. They had piles of them at the register

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    GOOD . . . CLOSE ALREADY !!
    What do we want to open there ?? Maybe Bass Pro/Cabela's ?? Midway USA would be GREAT !! --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    GOOD . . . CLOSE ALREADY !!
    What do we want to open there ?? Maybe Bass Pro/Cabela's ?? Midway USA would be GREAT !! --- SAWMAN

It's basically gander outdoors isn't it? All retail pricing. I can't afford anything at Bass pro unless their jeans are on sale

Latest posts

Top Bottom