• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys. Just picked up one of these or I should say a got delivered to my door today. I've got ball, book and bird on the way for it so this time next week I should have some shooting videos. I made an unboxing video and I'm wondering if ,1st of all I am allowed to post links?
    And secondly would anybody be intrested in seeing it? There is not much out there on the Internet at all as far as video or product reviews and I would like to fill that gap if this is a good venue for that.
    I will tell you that the product is very high quality and built like a tank I can't wait to possibly carve a jacket lantern with it this year!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191003-092635_Video Player.jpg
      Screenshot_20191003-092635_Video Player.jpg
      85.4 KB · Views: 297

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Welcome to the GCGF. Thanks for the informative videos.

I've got a few questions:

How's the trigger pull? Weight, travel, break, etc. Any info would be news.
    How are the 209 primers seated? Is there some kind of screwdown cap, or is it a press fit somehow?
    Do the barrels separate from the grip/action easily for cleaning?
    Their website says about an 8-week wait. Since you just got yours, is that similar to your experience?

Thanks again!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

How are the 209 primers seated? Is there some kind of screwdown cap, or is it a press fit somehow?
    Their website says about an 8-week wait. Since you just got yours, is that similar to your experience?

Thanks again!

Good luck on response. Seems to be another youtuber pushing his channel. In Colorado as well as I can tell, and FB page seems not to exist.

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good luck on response. Seems to be another youtuber pushing his channel. In Colorado as well as I can tell, and FB page seems not to exist.

I am very responsive and I don't appreciate you getting on my thread saying otherwise. If hes got questions I'm gonna have answers. No I'm not pushing my YouTube channel... But people are asking about reviews in that's where I post them. I've only got like 300 subscribers I'm pretty sure I'm not getting famous or making money off of this. I'm a certified gunsmith and a home schooling father of 4. I pride myself on honesty and integrity. So again come up please refrain from smearing your assumptions on my posts.

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Thanks again!

I will have all these questions answered and more in my upcoming review vid.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I am very responsive and I don't appreciate you getting on my thread saying otherwise. If hes got questions I'm gonna have answers. No I'm not pushing my YouTube channel... But people are asking about reviews in that's where I post them. I've only got like 300 subscribers I'm pretty sure I'm not getting famous or making money off of this. I'm a certified gunsmith and a home schooling father of 4. I pride myself on honesty and integrity. So again come up please refrain from smearing your assumptions on my posts.

I was stating my opinion, and six days is not so responsive in my mind. If you are sensitive to anything I said; I would wonder why, but really do not care.

As far as the meat of your response, I will stay off your threads and not hurt your feelings, as long as you do not shill your youtube videos on my threads. Hopefully that sounds fair enough to you.

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not here to make negotiations weirdo. You can easily move on, yet you choose to respond. I haven't responded to the gentleman because I don't have answers for him yet. As I posted above it's been too rainy. I only reiterate all those in interest of keeping this thread cohesive. So now please move on

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I will have all these questions answered and more in my upcoming review vid.

Thanks. I look forward to the close-ups and details. You're correct that the company hasn't done themselves any favors by being so vague about a unique product.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you have good intentions. It doesn't seem like you have any profit to make from this. Sounds legit that you were searching for info, found very little, found our forum asking the same questions, and figured you'd share your experiences. However, I'm sure you can understand Ray's perspective: new guy shows up, duplicate posts to give links to a YouTube channel, then nothing.

For what it's worth, maybe configure your "email notifications" settings so that when someone replies to a thread you started, you'll get an email. Button on the top right that says "Settings", then left side "General Settings" under the "My settings" section. Then the section called "Messaging & Notifications".

When your weather clears up, do you have paper targets to do some patterning tests? The pumpkin damage was informative for energy dump, but it would be interesting to see how much the spread opens up at say 5 yards, etc.

Also, one of your commenters on that new teaser video remarked a few days ago how it took them 7-months to get his delivered (ordered in February), and there were some QC issues followed by no response from the manufacturer. It would be interesting to see you compare that with your experience.

Thanks again. This forum is really not bad. Even Ray is a nice guy. :)
    You just got some misunderstanding wires crossed.

You should head over to the Introductions section and start a thread. Homeschooling gunsmith and four kids. I bet you have plenty to share.

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://youtu.be/Qmk4jy0TWzg

I had a great time at the range exploring all the different load possibilities. I hope that this video can aid others with their interests and questions. I've some more testing to do in regards to penetration at different distances but this is a great start!

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The recoil is extremely manageable. After having fun and exploring how much power you could put into it. I decided to take it out and put it to some real use. If you are using it for closer range hunting then you're probably not going to go over 60 grains and ½ oz of shot. At least not for varmint hunting. And I figure 80 would be pretty good if you're using round ball at close range as well. Brought it along to the woods and got a few squirrels. My woods are thick and I often end up too close to several of them to harvest with my shotgun. By the time they get to a desired distance I'm shooting thru tons of brush. So this really came in handy!

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats an INSANE amount of power. I had some surprisingly devastating results when comparing 12 gauge roundball with .45 acp.

Shooting Review and penetration testing of the AGC American Gun Craft Diablo - a 12 gauge Double Barrel Black Powder Side by Side Pistol.

https://youtu.be/zs0eVqO2qkE

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nice video. Thanks for doing it.

For the accuracy issues at longer ranges with the roundball, do you cast your own?
    If so, maybe a Lyman pellet-shaped slug might do better?
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?381279-12-gauge-slug-mold
    Just a thought.

I see that the introductory pricing from AGC is over. Good to see that they have a longer-barreled model projected for next year.

SHOTGUNnation

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New Video uploaded! <2:01>
    
    I was able to add a couple of extra squirrels to the pot this week thanks to the Diablo.
    Sometimes the little guys get up close and personal in all this brush. Too close to harvest without ruining the muscle. I got a little footage hunting with this 12 gauge Double Barrel BlackPowder Pistol if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/tTCdwF4cohk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After all of your tests, what load and powder amount did you use for the close-range squirrel hunting?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ½oz shot mix of 7/8
    35 grain ffg...
    Its in the vid. ;)

Ha. I went back to watch it again. It was on the screen for a few seconds, but I was so focused on the squirrel, I didn't even notice the white writing at the bottom corner.
    Thanks!

Top Bottom