• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Medical Marijuana Qualifying Conditions

https://www.floridacard.com/mmj/medical-marijuana/medical-conditions

How many of you have seen the qualifying medical conditions that will get you a marijuana card?
    I stumbled on this while looking for the FL regs for frog gigging.

Here's a short list that I found odd, at least to me, but I'm no doctor.

1. Obesity, exogenous
    2. Obesity, morbid
    Don't you get the "munchies" when smoking pot. So How would smoking pot help a person that's already extremely over-weight?

3. Impotence, Psychogenic
    IDK about this one either, but smoking is a contributing cause factor.

4. Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse
    Nothing like getting a drunk high I suppose. Whereas they do list Hepatitis as a qualifying condition,
    Cirrhosis of the liver isn't listed, unless it's tied in with conditions associated with alcoholism?

5. Color Blindness
    I know a guy that's color blind, but he's never mentioned pain being associated with it.

6. Tinnitus
    Okay, I got me a qualifying condition. If it would only stop the noise, I'd be firing one up.

7. Constipation
    Now you can sit on the pot smoking pot and let your worries ease out painlessly.

From the list, which is very long, the few above did not specify "chronic" or not.

They ought to just legalize it and let it be. But then the State couldn't get the revenue from doing that.

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    #6 would qualify me but I don’t think smoking pot would help the ringing
    The state could tax the stuff if it was legalized and make money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just because it's State legal doesn't make it federal legal.

Form 4473 question 11:e might cause you some trouble

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have to have been seeing a doctor for 2 years for the condition your claiming. You can not just walk in claiming stuff.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unless it's an undisclosed Fountain of Youth, biologically knocking 50+ years off (not just acting like a young dumbass), I might consider it. Lol
    No, not really. There's a major advantage to old age: when you really don't give a shit about the long term, more options appear. Why else would STDs be in epidemic high numbers in nursing homes and "senior living" facilities/communities. Sick but true.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I heard that you cannot have a concealed carry license if you get the card. I didn't know you couldn't own a firearm if you had the card.
    Seems like oxycodone would be on their list, then alcohol, then nagging wives, unruly friends, and stepchildren. Then no-one would be able to own a firearm. I think it's a sinister plot.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I heard that you cannot have a concealed carry license if you get the card. I didn't know you couldn't own a firearm if you had the card.
    Seems like oxycodone would be on their list, then alcohol, then nagging wives, unruly friends, and stepchildren. Then no-one would be able to own a firearm. I think it's a sinister plot.

It's pretty shitty how it's setup. I would love to be able to try some of the low THC products like charlottes web for pain and nerve problems I have. In order to do it legally, I'd have to get the medical card and that would throw a red flag to the feds as well as the state for my CWL. I also work in the oilfield and get a ton of random drug testing through urine, hair, and saliva. I work in Colorado and can get my hands on ANYTHING weed related legally. I just can't consume any of it because big brother says it's bad. It's a damn shame that we can poison everyone with opiates and alcohol and it's perfectly legal, but god forbid we consume a plant that is practically harmless. I don't want to get high. I want pain relief without having to take pain killers.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Our favorite [sarc] Fl Ag Commissioner has a gun(s) and a MMC. Link covers that and a Lawyers review of applicable Fed and State Laws.

ttps://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20190822/cox-will-feds-bust-nikki-fried-for-having-marijuana-card-and-concealed-carry-permit

she should be stripped of one, or the other...

I am getting fed up with laws we have to obey, & laws "they" don't have obey..

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    USC Title 18, 922(g) basically says it is unlawful for a it is marijuana user to own/possess/buy a firearm or ammo. This falls directly into what the the FL DoAg FWFL Iissuing Authority is required to comply with. The published "excuse" DoAg does not check/access medical records, privacy requirements of HIPAA Law.

However, N. FRIED has publicly displayed her MMC and verbally acknowledged it. That voluntary disclosure places the information into the public domain and outside HIPAA protections. Her simultaneous acknowledgment and public display of her FWFL also eliminates associated privacy concerns with that.

We know from BATFE Cases, they often use media sources to start inquiries/investigations. Are Fried's public disclosures ignored because she is an elected official, a Dem or anti-gun proponent? A Federal illegal drug user in possesion of a firearm: IMHO. Maybe BATFE is too busy looking for and not finding Bump Stocks? Lol

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Federal vs State. Got it. But this isn't a decision of jurisdiction or grounds for a search warrant. This is an elected official making a public statement and show of evidence that she is breaking Federal Law.

Do the current policies of the FL DoAg seem to allow a no-kidding LOOPHOLE for Potheads to buy/own/carry firearms? Yup.
    Does that change the fact that it is illegal in the eyes of the Feds? Nope.
    Do the Feds have the manpower or priority to pursue those violations? Nope.
    If someone FLAUNTS it in their face on national television, should they pursue it? YUP.

Her bizarre Joker-smile on every gas pump nauseates me. Her hypocrisy knows no bounds, and she should be held accountable for her misplaced bravado.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But using that logic, Cannabis is still schedule 1 according to the feds, yet it’s been made legal to various degrees at the state level. Both are contradicting.

These Laws are not mutually exclusive:
    FL FWFL screening mandates compliance restrictions of CFR Title 18, 922(g).
    FED Law CFR Title 18, 922(g). Says illegal drug user comit criminal offenses if they buy, sell, own or possess a firearm or ammo.
    FL State Medical marijuana Law and resulting MMC: Indemnify: businesses and persons from criminal liability (legalization within the constraints of the Law) from Florida and local governments. It does not provide protection from Federal criminal liability. Fl pot Law doesn't exclude prosecution for lying on the Form 4473 Pot question which has specific warnings about Local and medical pot laws. That Warning is in reference to 922(g) No buy, own possess firearms/ammo. Its also illegal for the MMC holder to buy from a private party.

I don't think the Feds are going stakeout pot stores and tag folks with "Guns-beUs" decals. "Some police departments in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Hawaii have taken it upon themselves to enforce federal law over state law by informing medical marijuana patients they must either turn in or dispose of their guns." Last I read, this is the exact reason why pot business can't bank with Federally Regulated financial institutions.

Here is a reference for a few busts. The presents of a firearm WIPES OUT all Pot law protections.
    https://www.safeaccessnow.org/medical_pot_users_with_guns_target_of_dea_raids

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I kinda think you missed the point. The state government is already thumbing their nose at the feds about cannabis, so how is it any bigger of a step to say they won’t adhere to the cannabis/firearms related issue?

And I thought the same thing about the creepy gas pump stickers. Plus it’s a pet peeve of mine anytime an elected official uses tax dollars to brand everything with their name

State's rights vs Federal is another debate altogether. You could pull examples from marijuana, civil rights, segregation, abortion, sanctuary cities, ICE/USBP cooperation, homosexual marriage, etc, etc, etc.

In this case, the evidence is laid out in front of the BATFE. All they have to do is make a phone call or two, verify Freid's two licenses, then it should be easy to verify any firearms possession violations from there. Boom: federal criminal.

If the BATFE won't do anything, couldn't Desantis do something since by Florida Law she shouldn't have a MMC and a CWL concurrently? Would it cause the libtards and potheads to try and change things, sure. Have the debates, whatever.

But right now, at this moment under current laws, our unfortunately-elected Commissioner of Agriculture is flaunting a violation of both State AND Federal laws, yet no one has done anything about it.

Wtf...

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    State's rights vs Federal is another debate altogether. You could pull examples from marijuana, civil rights, segregation, abortion, sanctuary cities, ICE/USBP cooperation, homosexual marriage, etc, etc, etc.

In this case, the evidence is laid out in front of the BATFE. All they have to do is make a phone call or two, verify Freid's two licenses, then it should be easy to verify any firearms possession violations from there. Boom: federal criminal.

If the BATFE won't do anything, couldn't Desantis do something since by Florida Law she shouldn't have a MMC and a CWL concurrently? Would it cause the libtards and potheads to try and change things, sure. Have the debates, whatever.

But right now, at this moment under current laws, our unfortunately-elected Commissioner of Agriculture is flaunting a violation of both State AND Federal laws, yet no one has done anything about it.

Wtf...

I guess it's time to flood the BATFeces with reports of a known felon that needs to be arrested. They want their red flag laws right?! Here's a great start to it. https://www.atf.gov/contact/atf-tips Here's a link to their online tip page.

Top Bottom