• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, she just got 10 years. A whole lot better than 99, still pretty rough though.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No one is saying that it is not her fault or that she should not be held accountable, I’m saying that there’s a difference between someone’s negligence causing death, and someone’s intentional criminal act causing death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think her sentence supports what you are saying. If she had done an intentional act and caused death she would be on her way to death row.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If memory serves, 10-years will allow her to remain out on bond while she awaits her appeal.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good discussion. Weirdest murder that I can remember. Long shift is no excuse. The drunk that killed my family member also got 10 years. For the victim's family, well, they wish he'd be back in 10.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I can’t help but think there’s more to this story.
    I can’t imagine somebody walking into the wrong apartment and seems like she would immediately realize it’s not her apartment when she sees the furnishings.
    And who doesn’t keep their door locked these days, especially at night and in a big city?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prosecutor asked for 28 years, got 10 and will be eligible for parole in 5.

Mob outside and "Mom" not happy "with the corruption that took place" and that "Police are trained to shoot the heart and her Son would be alive if they didn't".

10 Of the 12 on the Jurys were "people of Color", mojority of the Jury was female. Judge denied the Jury from hearing Lead Investigator's opinion of the event and evidence that She was Innocent.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Judge openly HUGGED the guilty person ,in open court,just after the sentenceing . . . soooooooo . . . ??? ---- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The judge was a black woman.
    The person that hugged the accused was the 18 year old brother of the victim.
    He showed an incredible amount of mercy and class.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I could swear that the pic that was on the news this AM was a black woman with a long black robe hugging her.
    Obviously . . could be wrong. --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I could swear that the pic that was on the news this AM was a black woman with a long black robe hugging her.
    Obviously . . could be wrong. --- SAWMAN

That’s what I saw on channel 3 this morning. The Judge hugged her after the victims brother

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Victims Brother and Black Judge gave her a Bible and hugged her, Black Bailiff patted the back of her head. Its not unusual for a Judge to exert compassion or leniency "from the bench". Its the Judges "House" which allows great latitude within the Law. It has drawn praise and scorn. Judge didn't control the verdict or the Sentence. Anyone read what the Judge said to Serial Rapist/torturer/murderer Ted Bundy upon Sentence.

http://m.startribune.com/slain-man-s-brother-judge-hug-ex-cop-sentenced-to-10-years/562039002/

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Prosecutor asked for 28 years, got 10 and will be eligible for parole in 5.

Mob outside and "Mom" not happy "with the corruption that took place" and that "Police are trained to shoot the heart and her Son would be alive if they didn't".

10 Of the 12 on the Jurys were "people of Color", mojority of the Jury was female. Judge denied the Jury from hearing Lead Investigator's opinion of the event and evidence that She was Innocent.
    An opinion isn't evidence and she was far from innocent. I don't believe she acted with malice, but she's not innocent of a crime. You don't get to intentionally shoot a person in their home and then say "ooops my bad, I live next door", and just walk away from it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    My bad, I only saw the brother, not the judge.
    I remember well what the judge told Bundy, that he unfortunately took the wrong road in life and he would have been proud to have him practice in his courtroom.
    I was at FSU during the Bundy saga. I remember getting up on Sunday morning, turning on the radio and it was all over the news. I had been at the same bar earlier the night before.
    He was a real sicko.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An opinion isn't evidence and she was far from innocent. I don't believe she acted with malice, but she's not innocent of a crime. You don't get to intentionally shoot a person in their home and then say "ooops my bad, I live next door", and just walk away from it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I agree. I was just showing the disparity between one of the Procutors request, Judges decisions, Juries Sentence AND crowd claims of injustice.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Didn't follow the story really close . . BUT . . was the cop ever given a drug/ETOH test immediately after the incident ?? ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The neighbor’s quote in that article irritates me. How about go check on your neighbor yourself then

This occurred at night.
    One should make a phone call to the neighbor. They would have to be a close neighbor for me to investigate on my own for a lot of reasons. In this world often no good deed goes unpunished. If you enter that open door on your own to do your own welfare check, you may lose the protection of stand your ground since you have little legal standing to be there.
    If I hear screaming, calls for help, I have some status for entering the home. If there are burglars or other invaders and you know this, you have some legal standing to enter, maybe.
    As I said I might call by phone first and ask about the door and if all is well. I might from cover shout over and ask if everything is alright over there. No answer then I call 911 with the phone on in my hand and retreat to my locked home with the lights off. I will remember in future to exercise cauton about peering through my windows.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The neighbor’s quote in that article irritates me. How about go check on your neighbor yourself then

people have forgotten how to be a good neighbor....we don't connect with others anymore like 40-50 yrs ago..

Top Bottom