• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One should take care with kids, especially small ones relative to local 2 and 4-legged predators

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We encroached on them, they are just doing natural coyote stuff. I'm glad the girl is okay. "Near chiraq". I wonder what parents gun views were before and after this near tragic event?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We encroached on them, they are just doing natural coyote stuff. I'm glad the girl is okay. "Near chiraq". I wonder what parents gun views were before and after this near tragic event?

I do not believe coyotes were native to illinois. They are now for sure.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We run them out with building and construction. They have to find wooded areas somewhere
    They are now found in the City of Chicago and I believe a lot of other cities. They do not seemed so bothered by building and construction.
    The eastern coyotes is getting bigger and has been evolving for the new modern landscape.
    Below coyote in a chicago city park along with canadian geese that no longer migrate. If given a chance life/nature will find a way.
    coyote chicago.jpg
    I just noticed the collar that I suspect is tracking collar.

Attachments

• coyote chicago.jpg
      coyote chicago.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 295
    Last edited:

Timberwolf

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    there are 50 plus that year round roost across from me, the coyotes in cantonment are small but still cause rucus

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

From the link
    Appearance:

The coyote is a member of the dog family. They weigh between 20 and 30 pounds, have pointed ears, a narrow muzzle, and bushy tail. Males tend to be larger than females. Pelts are usually grayish-brown, but occasionally black, often with a patch of white chest hair. When running, coyotes usually hold their tails extended out behind them at "half-mast." Coyote tracks are narrower and more elongated than dog tracks.
    Habitat:

Coyotes are native to North America. Once strictly a western species, coyotes now occur throughout the eastern United States. Coyotes began expanding their range into northwestern Florida in the 1970s, and are now considered to be a naturalized species in all 67 Florida counties. They are extremely adaptable; just about any type of forest or farmland is suitable habitat. They can also adapt to and live in suburban and urban areas.
    I seen coyotes that were bigger than 30 lbs in FL.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a large pack that has lived on my land ever since I've been here (about 55 years now). I don't mind them, I kind like it when they all howl for a minute or two every now and then. They also keep the rodent population down. People kill them because they say they kill deer fawns, but I have seen no evidence of that. If anything I would hope they do kill a few as we are overrun with deer. I have hit several deer over the years, cost me a lot of money, never hit a coyote :).

Top Bottom