• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Currently I have a SBR in .300blk with a Sandman S on the way any day now (check cashed 12/18/18) and building a pistol in .300blk as well that will share the Sandman. Until now I’ve always had 5.56 including the SBR. I’m considering building another full size AR but not sure if keeping another caliber on hand or just sticking to .300blk is worthwhile.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well I can’t cross state lines with my SBR without filling out a form every year because I work in Pensacola. The pistol I’m building with a 5” barrel and has the law tactical folder to keep in a vertx bag for carry in my vehicle or off body edc in the bag to go back and forth across state lines. I really want a X95 but have really no use for a 16” .300blk.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I only keep 1 SBR in 300blk... all my other AR platforms are 5.56. No need for anything else in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have a 300blk pistol that runs a Sandman S, all the others are of the 556 variety. With the opportunity for different bullet types and weights, it pretty much covers my needs. YMMV

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m at the same point as you are, pretty heavily vested in 300BLK and 5.56 . I’m thinking I need a 350 legend solely to shoot subsonic pistol bullets. I’ve tried to talk my self out of it but seen to be losing the battle.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ther are a few basic reasons fot expanding inventory:
    1. Depth. They backup for firearms with primarey missions, be it hunting, home defense, SHTF or Zombies.
    2. Specific purpose for different Role configurations. Close Combat w/Reflex Dot, Night requirement with NV or Thermal and Scoped Med-Long distance within caliber limitations. Changing configurations takes time and "repeatable zero" with mounting changes is never as good.
    3. Mission: They fill a requirement that isn't optimally covered by current inventoy. Like the need for higher terminal ballistics @ 600 to 900 yards.
    4. Testing other mission tool options for improvement over current inventory, Gas P,iston, more efficient or better performance calibers, barrel length, new firearm designs,.
    5. Man Card.

Top Bottom