• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kinda funny for me to see most of you guys attitude to a "most violent",middle of the night home invasion,akin to a IDPA,IPSC,SASS,or a WBSF match.
    Grab your ears,make sure you put on your eye protection,and make sure you slip into that 35lb plate carrier,call the cops and explain to the dispatcher at least twice where you live,how many BG's there are,are they armed,are you armed,what is their skin color,what colored clothing are they wearing,what automobile are they driving . . . then you are given the "Don't confront them. The police are on the way. Until then,take your family and hide in the closet" speech.
    You guys live in a dream world. Keep jerkin' yourself off and if a home invasion ever happens to you and your family . . . someone will die . . . or worse.
    Get your priorities straight. DAMN !! ---- SAWMAN

IMHO, You gave appropriate Pro/Con opinion in your #13 Comment. This is just snarky, disrespectful, unnecessary and embellished commentary on other Members opinions.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Kinda funny for me to see most of you guys attitude to a "most violent",middle of the night home invasion,akin to a IDPA,IPSC,SASS,or a WBSF match.
    Grab your ears,make sure you put on your eye protection,and make sure you slip into that 35lb plate carrier,call the cops and explain to the dispatcher at least twice where you live,how many BG's there are,are they armed,are you armed,what is their skin color,what colored clothing are they wearing,what automobile are they driving . . . then you are given the "Don't confront them. The police are on the way. Until then,take your family and hide in the closet" speech.
    You guys live in a dream world. Keep jerkin' yourself off and if a home invasion ever happens to you and your family . . . someone will die . . . or worse.
    Get your priorities straight. DAMN !! ---- SAWMAN

True, you better come up shooting and forget those ears, not enough time if you are gonna stay alive and protect your family...this ain't fun exercises on the range with no one shooting back!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OP asks for pros/cons of using E/muffs. "Time permitting" was included as a parameter to allow consideration of the topic. No home invasion or BG situation provided, it could be that what you alert on is one of the kids banging around accidently.

Hopefully, "time permitting" you get your defensive weapon too but the OP is not about the "Time Permitting". Its about: hearing "quality" to identify potential threat sounds and source locations (friend or foe) with or without E/muffs: before and after the first shot(s) while inside a Home.

Its no stroke of tactical genius to conclude if BGs are standing in your bedroom: ... you dont have time.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you keep the pistola and electronic earmuffs in the same bedside safe, it's not a problem.
    After years of firefighting, I still sleep in "Ready to run" mode...
    socks, tshirt, and boxers...altho the morning wood may be active...lol

But I ain't taking time to call the fuzz, they can clean up after I'm done.
    Not like I trust ECSO to do anything right until it's all over anyway...
    and even then ya gotta spoon-feed most of 'em the what happened part.
    Some of 'em can barely figure out a car crash with skidmarks...

Heck, they're still shooting guys with Lighters!! :jaw:

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well at my house at 2am their gonna see a naked 6 foot 4 man with a glock 17L w/weapon light shooting 147gr hp's(sub) Shock and Awe baby! Shock and Awe! :)

The part of being naked and so on during an invasion of an home is common. It does put you at a disadvantage and none of or almost none of us lol sleep fully clothed wearing combat boots.
    While I have discussed it elsewhere on another forum, I have never done the suggested preparations needed which is basically a type of quick firemans dress out. A pair of overalls and rubber boots one can step into in about 8 seconds assuming you have that time. A shoulder slung bag with with your mags and ammo and gun(s). 20 seconds one should be ready to go with close range weapon. The biggest delay is waking up sufficiently clear to act correctly.
    Ear protection and tourniquets could be included in the bag. Weapon should be loaded. If out of reach of pets and children the chamber should be loaded. The sound of chambering a round can be a give away of your position is one reason for beginning a fight with the weapons ready to fire. If it has a safety learn to disengage with minimal noise. Remember lights can also be a beacon so use them in a prudent manner. Be aware of ambush points etc on your property. Always best not to show yourself as a target. The intruders ideally should be taken down without realizing a thing. One moment alive and the final sensation if any is dying. In the back from ambush is the safest way.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well at my house at 2am their gonna see a naked 6 foot 4 man with a glock 17L w/weapon light shooting 147gr hp's(sub) Shock and Awe baby! Shock and Awe! :)

I was thinking of starting a sideline job of house robbery but after the mental picture of this post I think I will restrict my efforts to Florida!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was thinking of starting a sideline job of house robbery but after the mental picture of this post I think I will restrict my efforts to Florida!

that is what you will see at my house @ 0200....beard, naked, 6', 12ga pump with light, 3" 000 buck spraying everywhere, and the hounds from hell in front of me....there will be no survivors.. and all their stuff will be mine...if they have anything of value on them or in their car if they came in one , belongs to me now...

if I find out where they live, I might go shoot their dog too..

I might be deaf for a few hours, but I ain't putting on muffs...

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    that is what you will see at my house @ 0200....beard, naked, 6', 12ga pump with light, 3" 000 buck spraying everywhere, and the hounds from hell in front of me....there will be no survivors.. and all their stuff will be mine...if they have anything of value on them or in their car if they came in one , belongs to me now...

if I find out where they live, I might go shoot their dog too..

I might be deaf for a few hours, but I ain't putting on muffs...

Well Hell's Bells, I reckon I'd better try something else like starting up a nitroglycerine factory or something. You guys seem to well prepped for a robbery.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The part of being naked and so on during an invasion of an home is common. It does put you at a disadvantage and none of or almost none of us lol sleep fully clothed wearing combat boots.
    While I have discussed it elsewhere on another forum, I have never done the suggested preparations needed which is basically a type of quick firemans dress out. A pair of overalls and rubber boots one can step into in about 8 seconds assuming you have that time. A shoulder slung bag with with your mags and ammo and gun(s). 20 seconds one should be ready to go with close range weapon. The biggest delay is waking up sufficiently clear to act correctly.
    Ear protection and tourniquets could be included in the bag. Weapon should be loaded. If out of reach of pets and children the chamber should be loaded. The sound of chambering a round can be a give away of your position is one reason for beginning a fight with the weapons ready to fire. If it has a safety learn to disengage with minimal noise. Remember lights can also be a beacon so use them in a prudent manner. Be aware of ambush points etc on your property. Always best not to show yourself as a target. The intruders ideally should be taken down without realizing a thing. One moment alive and the final sensation if any is dying. In the back from ambush is the safest way.

if a bearded naked man with a gun and light was coming towards me rapidly while spraying lead in my direction and yelling die mf's , I would be clearing the hell out of dodge.....in a quick fashion

seems like an advantage to me..

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rather than home invasion this is more the norm
    The Area is Pace, FL adjacent to Chumuckla hwy near the turn off to Pace high school
    Prowler looking into cars last night on Forest Creek Drive my alarm was going off dog alerted during the early morning looked on the street and they were gone, another neighbor up the street had same issue at 2:30 am mine was at 5:20.

Car alarm went off at 5:20 ish 9 28 2019. Neibors dogs went crazy at 2:30 am.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Auditory exclusion... it IS a real thing, just saying.

True, but it has unpredictable effects on you, and it isn't a guarantee of immunity to hearing loss for you OR the other rightful occupants of the house (family, guests, pets, etc).

Top Bottom