• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    15-22 with Photon xt. 4.6x Extra ir light source. Shooting win 42max .22 subs. Good for small pests.

20190924_135823.jpg

Attachments

• 20190924_135823.jpg
      20190924_135823.jpg
      601 KB · Views: 148

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Some info on the scope. I've been using it for about a year now. I feel that this is the best nv scope for getting into nv. $500 or so to buy. It's big, and adds weight to whatever you put it on. I put it on my 9mm pcc for a bit. Like carring a cinder block. 9mn whites out the picture, flash. Factory subs were too loud. The scope moves the icon/crosshair around on the screen to zero instead of changing the view, so if your mount is off you could end up with the crosshair on the left/right side of the screen. Low or high. I shimed the scope tube to correct it, so its centered. Crosshair adjustment is very coarse. It shows the x and y numbers on the screen. Neg/pos x/y so changing it to another weapon/bullet is not hard after you zero.
    Looking past brush/trees closer to you is challenging due to the fact they "flare" when the ir boost/light is on. On the plus side it works day or night, some minor fiddling with the brightness required. Focusing is done on the forward ring/bell now that is a very fine adjustment for clarity and it is very clear. Switched from the standard 2 aa's it uses to quality rechargeable batts. Yes, you read that right it runs on 2 aa batts. Not some goofy battery pack from outer Mongolia. +/- 2 hours on aa's. Run time.
    Field of view is kinda small, so if hunting/calling it would be good to use a pair of nv binos until you see something approach.

It's a grey scale view no color, but it's the same day or night. I have no idea how it would hold up on a large caliber rifle as I have not tried it on one.

I like it, for a cost effective entry into night hunting its well worth it.

I looked at the x-sight as well, software updates,firmware,gps,wi-fi, recorder, bulletdrop, too much shit. This one is one button press and shoot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom