• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Been wiggly since I got it.(used) Shoots great. Can't tighten, I think it's stripped. It just kinda goes around, on the bright side it's not falling off. Anybody have this problem? How did you fix it?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pull fastner, if stripped or cross Thread damage visible: try a new fastener after you clean the receiver side threads. See if you can get enough bite to secure the grip but don't over tighten.

Correct way: Use a Tap set, re-thread one size up and buy a correct new size fastener. Helicoil option too

Cheap way: pull fastner, clean with wire brush and base thread with a bore brush. Flush with aerosol carb/electronics cleaner (plastic safe).
    Wrap fastener threads tightly with teflon tape (counter clockwise as viewer from head of fastener), you will need to play with the wraps/thickness. Again, don't overtighten.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cheaper than a Tap Set: go to "Fastenall" and buy a slightly larger "self tapping" Screw. Hopefully the same length. If longer and it interferes with internals: just buy/use a shorter standard screw of the new size after you screw-tap it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Can't get a socket on it. Have to get a nut driver. After looking at it I'm thinking it's the screwy moe comfort grip, has a gap at the rear of it. Dosen't move left/right just fore and aft. May pull it off and just put a usgi one on it

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cushion is not slop but you may be able to silde in a shim. During removal it would be good to apply pressure on the tip/tail of the fastener to aid in thread grip/direction to reduce spin in place.

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The grip screw is touching the bottom of the trigger and binding the safety. I have a bunch of these screws and grips need to see what is going on here. I have two of these guns and am familiar with them and changed out grips with no problem.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    The grip screw is touching the bottom of the trigger and binding the safety. I have a bunch of these screws and grips need to see what is going on here. I have two of these guns and am familiar with them and changed out grips with no problem.

Shoots fine, safety works just dosen't have that positive click

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The click comes from the detent and spring that are between the lower and the grip. The spring actually sits in a hole in the grip and the detent slides in a hole into the lower. It may have come out or came loose.

Top Bottom