• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrintCole

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ll own the lack of communication. I personally could’ve handled it better. Should’ve called the guy. Texting can lead to things going wrong. Hindsight is 20/20.

As far as meeting a stranger on the side of the road and just trading a weapon for cash, that aint happening. That’s how bad guys get weapons. I want to know the buyer is not a criminal. I believe I’m being responsible in that aspect.

Being on a forum talking about how you’ll just meet on the side of the road and sell a gun because you are armed isn’t smart for several reasons. I’m not going to waste my time listing them.

I see nothing wrong with erring on the side of safety for both party's. I’ve never sold a weapon before, or wanted to. I was going to use gunbroker, but my ffl buddy said to use this forum. I had never heard of it before. He told me specifically to do a bill of sale , make sure they have a ccw, and cover my ass. There is in fact a sticky for a bill of sale on this forum. I don’t see how my lack of presence on this forum, being a newbie, has any implications regarding my life experience. It’s ludicrous to think that my post count dictates my knowledge in anyway. Forums are filled with smart people, but there are lots of dipshits on them too.

Wanting to meet to buy one of the guns I’m selling is one thing. By the end pf texting he wanted all three of the guns i was selling. What’s the likelihood of that? This made my antennas go up. That’s why i wanted to face to face in a public place. Had it just been for the first one I would’ve had a different mindset. Then refusing to come inside, now my antennas are all the way up. Especially with the weird excuses he was using to not come in.

As far as anyone not wanting to deal with me, I can live with that. After this incident my wife told me she doesn’t want me to sell any of my guns. I can definitely live with that.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ... As far as anyone not wanting to deal with me, I can live with that. After this incident my wife told me she doesn’t want me to sell any of my guns. I can definitely live with that.

You and hunter01 had a chain of misteps, but you both did the right thing to back off from a perceived threat. Not a single one of us could argue with that. It's unfortunate that it was your first deal and seems to have turned you off from excercising one of your rights that is currently under attack: the right to conduct a private sale of a firearm.

Keep 'em all, and hug your wife for supporting the ensuing growing collection.
    Sell and trade 'em like baseball cards at recess, maybe you need an FFL if you do it too much.
    Somewhere in-between is where most of us are.

If nothing else, try not to hold a grudge for something that, given their situation, you might've done the same thing.

Welcome to the Forum. It really is comprised of mostly good folks. I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was really a fascinating read.. Great to hear both sides..

2 dynamics that I think really played this as it did..

One party had made several deals and another had not done any. I think back to my 1st internet meet self and then see myself now am a little more at ease. Now meeting from a car is second nature with a proper person.

The other Dynamic that I think played into this was Hunter bringing his Family. I never would have left them alone in a car per anothers instructions. Not to mention the other party having an extra party in the car.

Again fascinating.

One thing I would suggest for the Forum is an iTrader number and feedback number that each party has..
    indiana gun owners forum has such a thing

www.ingunowners.com

You can go to a members profile and it has the number of feedbacks, date and a short comment about the trade.
    It really helps put people at ease about a seller/buyer.

TrintCole

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was really a fascinating read.. Great to hear both sides..

2 dynamics that I think really played this as it did..

One party had made several deals and another had not done any. I think back to my 1st internet meet self and then see myself now am a little more at ease. Now meeting from a car is second nature with a proper person.

The other Dynamic that I think played into this was Hunter bringing his Family. I never would have left them alone in a car per anothers instructions. Not to mention the other party having an extra party in the car.

Again fascinating.

One thing I would suggest for the Forum is an iTrader number and feedback number that each party has..
    indiana gun owners forum has such a thing

www.ingunowners.com

You can go to a members profile and it has the number of feedbacks, date and a short comment about the trade.
    It really helps put people at ease about a seller/buyer.

My brother and i were both inside the restaurant. My car had nobody inside of it. His family would’ve been fine next to my empty car. I think possibly the fact that i wanted to do a bill of sale may have been a sticking point. I honestly don’t need the money so i will more than likely sell them to a gun shop or Gun broker.

I appreciate everyones input.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I've bought and sold several guns on this sight. I've signed several bill of sales, I had no issues signing a bill of sale. I do have an issue signing one before viewing what I'm signing for, or even filling one out before viewing what I'm purchasing. I also have an issue with plans changing when I arrive at the meeting point.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Hunter, this issue is exactly why I try not to deal with newbies with less than 100 posts and communicate by voice on any deal.. GCGF is probably the safest place to do gun deals because we know each other or know someone who knows someone. We have begged Admin to have a 50 or so posts to even use the buy, sell, trade section of weapons for years now.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How is one supposed to inspect firearms in a public restaurant without causing a scene? :noidea:

Hunter01 made the right decision walking away from that possible mess.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody said the firearm exchange was intended to be done in the resturant. One wantd a meet, greet and go over the paper work "first"; inside the resturant, the other didn't want to go inside because of "family' issues nor complete a B.O.S." before inspecting the firearms.

Both lost time, gas and what could hav been a good deal for both parties. Nobody's 100% right or wrong IMHO. Hopefully, both may also have learned something.

PUT THIS TO BED,

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I found the gun I was looking for from another individual. Transaction went smoothly with no issues, as all the others I've conducted with the exception of this one.

archer-1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know it’s an old post but I have met Hunter01 for a firearm purchase and met his wife for an ammo purchase. Both were easy transactions and good to deal with.

Top Bottom