• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was just pointed out to me today, by a friend, that the FCC is placing a ban on popular radios such as the Beofeng UV-5R and Retevis RT5 hand held radios. The ban takes place on Sept 30th and they will no longer be able to be purchased. These are great little radios to have for shtf type scenarios, and they are fairly cheap. I’m glad I made the investment a few years ago, and sad to see this new development. Get yours while still can.

I’m not sure if links can be posted to other sites, but you can google “FCC ban Beofeng” for additional info

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was just pointed out to me today, by a friend, that the FCC is placing a ban on popular radios such as the Beofeng UV-5R and Retevis RT5 hand held radios. The ban takes place on Sept 30th and they will no longer be able to be purchased. These are great little radios to have for shtf type scenarios, and they are fairly cheap. I’m glad I made the investment a few years ago, and sad to see this new development. Get yours while still can.

I’m not sure if links can be posted to other sites, but you can google “FCC ban Beofeng” for additional info

That's funny. I guess they did not get enough people to pay them to reg them.

If you ever looked at the fine print on the FRS Radio packaging the FCC required you to pay money and reg. You think anyone did that NOPE!!!

I have an ham radio and gmdss lic. Pretty much free to use what I want but there is still limits.

I guess they will be flying off the shelf now and then you will see them on ebay people trying to make a profit.

https://midlandusa.com/6-things-you-should-know-about-fcc-changes-for-frs-and-gmrs-radios/

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Folks were suppose to have reg/lic back when they were popular too. The Gov has been trying to recoup a lot of Bandwidth for decades as their new technology expands requirements.

Tin Hatters believe Gov is trying to eliminate radio freq use/availability as a means to deprive anti tyrannical civs of a communications source: Ban now and over time radios will fail and replacements will not be available. Read below Link befor you buy. This Link has other related radio Links listed.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/prepping-101-software-defined-radios/

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    really close to ordering. However, up until this point I've never used or had a need for radios.

Someone please give me some insight as to why I'd want this and when I'd use it, other than recreation. If they're being banned, I kinda want, because maybe I should? Shed some light on this for me please.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Confused. Are they banning the Chinese 2m ham radios or FRS radios... Or both?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any emergence trips (within range) where you and family (others) have a need to seperate and Cell/power service is DOWN like we had over here with HM, only AT&T was operational. The unprepaired were running vehicles just to charge phones! We've used them during road trips with multiple vehicles too. We used them heavily before basic cell phones got cheaper and usage rates were crazy. Used them where there was distance but no intercom: house to barn/shop/tractor. You could give your kids cheap FRS radios and let them run the near country side.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Light82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When my family was PCSing from Ft Meade we traveled in a caravan of three vehicles. It was great to have these in every vehicle so that we could call out pit stops. Even in heavy traffic, where we might get separated, all three vehicles could stay in communication with a push of a button. For such small radios they have great range on highways. The emergency bands come in handy during questionable weather.

Top Bottom