APOD Firearms

You'll have to excuse me for the next few werks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    weeks. Had double hernia surgery and am cooped up in the house going batshit. I'm a work and outdoors guy stuck inside playing with a phone/computer, I don't know how kids do it nowdays. Just an fyi.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That suck brother. Are you suppose to be in bed only? Whenever I HAVE to stay home, all my guns and rifles get a DEEP cleaning and oiling. Or, I make crud load of bullets.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Light and limited activity. You don't appreciate mobility till ya lose it. No fishing,jeep riding shooting or anything fun. Been cleaning guns for 4 days on and off. A buddy brought some of his over for me to clean..Still more to clean, lol. Cleaning bores till they squeak.Full disassembly, firing pins,gas ports,pistons, rings, playing in the barbie for men toy box. Sights,scopes,red dots,bayonets,bipods.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Light and limited activity. You don't appreciate mobility till ya lose it. No fishing,jeep riding shooting or anything fun. Been cleaning guns for 4 days on and off. A buddy brought some of his over for me to clean..Still more to clean, lol. Full disassembly, firing pins,gas ports,pistons, rings, playing in the barbie for men toy box. Sights,scopes,red dots,bayonets,bipods.

if ya was closer, I would bring some of mine..along with a plate of bisquits and sausage gravy.. cant expect you to clean guns for the fun of it...

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In 2007 got sent home from the Gulf for surgery. Had double hernia and testical repair done while on active duty in the Navy. The Navy wouldn't let me stay in the hospital so I had to go to a motel for the evening so my wife and I could head home the next day. She drove the 13 hours from Virginia thank God. but to make a long story short when the kids went to school and the wife went to work on monday I slipped off to see if I could drive, (not supposed to but I did). all went well, the next morning I went turkey hunting and ended up killing a fine gobbler. I had to back the truck into a ditch so I could load him up cause I wasn't supposed to pick anything up. Wish I had a video of that hunt it would be a winner on Funniest Home Videos. Hope all goes well with you and take care of yourself.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was in HS at Bitburg HS, Bitburg AB Germany, I had a hernia repair over the summer between my Junior and Senior year (June 84). I was told not to engage in certain activities for X amount of weeks. Being a typical teenager I didn't listen, on my way home from the second of two female classmates house, I felt a wet sickening feeling, along with some serious pain.

Some GI walking his dog found me standing in the middle of the street in housing not able to move, he saw a blood stain on my faded Levi's. He loaded me up in his station wagon, took me by our appartment and got my dad, and off to the ER we went.

Diagnosis, I had torn ALL my inside stitches (2 or 3 layers) and tore out 3 of the staples. Needless to say after everything was repaired, I was kept in the hospital until I healed all the way. Great way to spend the 4th of July grounded to a hospital bed while everyone else is drinking, watching the fireworks and having a blast.

I know it sucks having to sit idle locked in the house, but let yourself heal before you try getting back into a routine.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    weeks. Had double hernia surgery and am cooped up in the house going batshit. I'm a work and outdoors guy stuck inside playing with a phone/computer, I don't know how kids do it nowdays. Just an fyi.

Having been thru a single hernia years ago...I can only say that It Stinks.
    But, do what the docs say about rest & NOT overexerting,
    or you'll end up in more pain than you will ever want to feel...
    and it just might kill ya from bleeding out.

And take your time during the recovery...seriously.
    Older guys need about a year of taking everything slow & careful.
    We don't heal like we used to.

Meanwhile...this is a good time to expand your mind!!
    All those Tech manuals you need to read...read 'em!
    All those good books you ought to read...do it!!

Top Bottom