• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Two entries. One on ttag the other on Tfb. I've not read the legal documents/ filings but it sounds like atf copped to not having the authority to ban bump stocks with redefinition.

If that's the case, bump stocks may be coming back and it would be a huge win for protection from their(atf) other redefinition and hopefully their arbitrary opinion letters.

Ps. Im not a lawyer

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Wonder if i'd get my money back because I lawfully destroyed mine, or would i just get a EWT electronic weapons transfer card to use at my discretion for being a law abiding citizen.... winkwink

Nate, I call ya in a bit to talk about what weve been texting about or im just working around the house so if you wish then call when your not busy....

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Reversing the ban would be a good thing, but I'm still glad I bought one for $119 and immediately sold it for $900 when the frenzy started.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As I wrote on several BFD Threads here and on Blogs: A Fed Agency with Administrative Authority, DOES NOT HAVE AUTHORITY TO CHANGE CONGRESSES SPECIFICALLY WRITTEN LANGUAGE AND INTENT. In this Case the Definition of MACHINEGUN. Administrative Authority only allows those Agencies to create and modify IMPLEMENTING INSTRUCTIONS and LAWS per Congresses direction.

Everyone should be concerned about this abuse of Power but not just about BFS. No other Agency in the Administrative or Law Review chain Challanged this abuse of Power. It also directly ignored the Will of Congress, stole Congressional Statutory Authority AND CONGRESS didn't File any form of protest.

If the Fed Ban is Ruled unconstitutional it will not kill BFD Bans from the State level like FL's which predate the Fed Ban or use different language.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I hope it gets overturned so it doesn't set a precedent for arbitrarily banning an item via a simple change in an established definition to include the item retroactively. If you/he/they want to make something illegal then send it through the proper channels i.e. the legislative branch.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wonder if this is true for binary triggers

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the Binary Trigger was banned (BFD) on the basis of the Illegally written and published "New definition" of Machinegun and DOJs "interpretation" of what "They-DOJ" (not Congress) wrote: It will also be subject to the same Case verdict/result. Again, Local/State Law may not Change.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That law/definition is broad and full of room for misinterpretation. If a binary trigger is considered a "bump-fire stock" under that definition, then so is every lighter trigger spring, polished sear, ghost connector, buffer/spring upgrade, etc that decreases lock time and/or reduces travel, because microseconds of saved time equates to "a faster rate".

If so, there are ALOT of extra felons walking around...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope the ATF rulings on the bump stock and similar are overturned, even considering I would never buy one for myself. The bumpstocks were low lying fruit and not enough gun owners were totally opposed to their banning. So the republican leadership decided to as in the old russian analogy to throw one passenger off the sled to the attacking wolf pack so the rest of the passengers could escape.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake-Eyes View Post
    That law/definition is broad and full of room for misinterpretation. If a binary trigger is considered a "bump-fire stock" under that definition, then so is every lighter trigger spring, polished sear, ghost connector, buffer/spring upgrade, etc that decreases lock time and/or reduces travel, because microseconds of saved time equates to "a faster rate".

If so, there are ALOT of extra felons walking around..
    I agree. It’s a dangerously broad definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Following that logic I could see being forced to have new york trigger pulls on all semi autos and then following that logic then they outlaw the '97 winchester pump-shotgun because if you hold the trigger down that gun will fire every time you chamber a shell which could be argued as machinegun like. Next there is fanning the colt single action revolver. And do not forget the rifleman since most of the information that antigunners have come from entertainment.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've seen an attachment that pulls the trigger on a lever action when you close it. Have it bookmarked on Feebay of all places.

Look at this on eBay
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223669582578

Analog trigger? Love the description.

Yerp...long declared legal because it was one pull of the trigger, then a full manual cycling of the lever-action, followed by another pull when complete. There are those who can operate such with great speed...some with great accuracy and speed...but the average person can't. Lot of folks forget that Chuck Conners was a world-class baseball player before he became an actor.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hope the ATF rulings on the bump stock and similar are overturned, even considering I would never buy one for myself. The bumpstocks were low lying fruit and not enough gun owners were totally opposed to their banning. So the republican leadership decided to as in the old russian analogy to throw one passenger off the sled to the attacking wolf pack so the rest of the passengers could escape.

I also believe Trump did it that way because it COULD be overturned.
    And in doing so would also undo other things.

All those Fair-Weather Republicans forget his kids are Three-Gun champions...
    and he has a Concealed Carry Permit in both NY and Florida.
    The plan he has for things may not be clear to them,
    but he can be one seriously thoughtful & long-planning SOB when he's a mind to.

Remember, he LOVES to honk people off,
    simply because it makes them SLOPPY...
    and while they're being all caught up in emotions,
    he's slipping up behind them with a sockfull of wet sand ;)

And frankly, to think about what Trump is doing,
    it helps to really think about Penn & Teller instead.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yerp...long declared legal because it was one pull of the trigger, then a full manual cycling of the lever-action, followed by another pull when complete. There are those who can operate such with great speed...some with great accuracy and speed...but the average person can't. Lot of folks forget that Chuck Conners was a world-class baseball player before he became an actor.

Yes he was talented athlete. In the clip below he fires ambidextrously and does a lot of advanced getting off the X. Something some of the more backward trainers have not yet learned to do. Of course it is Hollywood, but still good to see.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cant even conceive that Trump had this trsult in some master plan to support the 2A.

Since their may be financial liability to the Feds for illegal direction to destroy private property under threat of imprisonment and fines, and Congress did mind having their authority stolen: I forcast Congress will try to pass the exact same change to the Law as DOJ/ATF illegally put in place. DOJ will claim they were right, just imposed it the wrong way. Might even see it in the next pending batch of gun control crap in the works now.

Top Bottom