• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The op is about a bullpup type rifle. Useful for vehicles and tight spaces. The bullpup has had mixed results with the militaries of the world with several having adopted, then going on to something else. As to being a survival rifle, I am not really sure what a survival rifle is. the closest thing I can thing of as a survival gun for rough usage in wilderness would be the old hudson bay Northwest trade smooth bore muskets. Were extremely durable and if you had one made of modern steels you could use any gun powder including smokeless and not blow it up.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The "survival gun" would/will be defined by many different people in many different ways.
    Since I feel that the entire "zombie apocalypse" thing is just 14 year old silly . . . and the SHTF thing does not cause me too much concern because of my age,past life expierances,and mindset,I completely rule out the need for a specific weapon designed specifically for those type of things.
    People that live in the more remote regions of the world,or in the least travel these areas could be in the need for a "REAL" survival gun.
    A bush pilot or remote guide could have a combo gun. This,stored in a single pack,with ammo. Something like T/C Encore with a 375H&H Mag bbl,a 308Win bbl,and a 22LR or Mag bbl. Ten rds of 375,15rds of 308,and 50rds of 22 ammo should be all that is needed. (Of course . . the more,the better.) No scope or sight needed. But if you really feel the need for one,a small,open,red dot would be enough. But iron sights on all three bbls.
    My survival would consist of a gun (or guns) to be used from inside my truck or standing beside my truck,out to 25yds or so. A small shotgun would do. More capacity ?? Any AR pistol would be good. I would be stocked with 20rd mags only. ( My truck IS stocked with 6 of these.)
    For my home defense,same guns,same loads,just more ammo.
    I would suggest that some of you turn off the TV,put down the video games,and think of REAL SD and HD scenarios. Prep for reality. You younger people should prep for some type of civil unrest. You will not need hundreds of rds to defend your home. A remote farm could be another thing altogether.
    Me and Stanley are going to jj's. Good luck to the rest. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I like about the trade musket is that you can use just anything to shoot it with and likeky could use match heads gravel, marbles, nails, to shoot with. The lock and springs were intentionally very robust. You do need flint for it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    What I like about the trade musket is that you can use just anything to shoot it with and likeky could use match heads gravel, marbles, nails, to shoot with. The lock and springs were intentionally very robust. You do need flint for it.

Yep smoothbore fusilli a 50 year survival gun , I've heard there's a way to gather components in an urban environment to make black powder. Something about car batterys.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just trying to have enough ammo to survive when all my EX's band together and storm the Stanley Castle. I have so much in one bath room that you cant use it so I'm getting close.....................

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep smoothbore fusilli a 50 year survival gun , I've heard there's a way to gather components in an urban environment to make black powder. Something about car batterys.

You need sulfur, the potassium nitrate saltpeter (Not the drug store sodium nitrate), and some form of carbon like charcoal. The saltpeter can be obtain from cow urine and I think human urine. Maybe the sulfur is coming from the car batteries.
    People do make black powder, but I would never attempt it except out of dire necessity. Extremely dangerous. The thing is caking it and getting grains of it. If the particles are too fine that is not a good thing. As long no one takes all of my ammunition I have enough. A couple bricks of .22 for small game hunting. A lot of number 6 birdshot loaded shotgun shells, and a couple of 1,000 rounds ammo for my 9mm pistols and assorted 7.62x39 carbines/rifles/pistols will do. I do not want a closet full of ammo and likely will not need that much either for combat.

Last edited:

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I think that a CMR would be a better choice.
    Lighter ammo . . lighter mags . . lighter gun.
    AND . . size matters in a backpack. Three CMR mags are the same size as one P-Mag. --- SAWMAN

Right ON.... a scoped CMR for the long range a PMR for up close. AMMO IS VERY LIGHT WEIGHT...yEEEEEEha BUDDY.

Top Bottom