• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buy more guns or buy more ammo? In the climate we are in right now and for the foreseeable future (1-5 years) what would you focus on if you have every firearm you absolutely need plus some good wants as well! Of course I always want to come home with another shinny 1911 or new something! But my needs and wants are covered at this point!

Would you focus on more ammo with your resources or a few more firearms? With that said, short of my expensive hunting rounds, I have a fair amount of stored ammo that will last a good bit.

This is just a silly question really to spark some conversation other than another for sale or trade post.

Or should I be focusing on other investments with my resources. Being a gun forum, I know it's biased to buying more firearms and ammo period. But I'm comfortable there as well. I guess what I am saying, if you are comfortable with most everything assets wise, would you buy more ammo or firearms with disposable income?

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ammo and training

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Funny you mention training. Hoping to start training my kiddos up soon beyond what me as their parent can. They listen to others better anyway. Is there a course for say a 13 year old or are their legal restrictions that instructors cannot teach youth?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you've got everything you want......

Ammo. It don't go bad, the prices are low and there's rebates to be had on top of those low prices.

Mags. They're a consumable.

AR lowers.

Lpks/ buffer Kits

Bcgs

Barrels

Whatever else.

That's based on what I saw during the post sandy hook craze.
    Smart men prepare for the next conflict so the rules may not be the same with new legislation/ threats. You can only use the "best" information you've got to make your plan.

Last time,; Whole guns doubled in price, ammo tripled, lowers quadrupled, lpks/buffers/bcgs doubled or tripled. Barrels and the rest could still be had but at higher prices.

No ammo? You've got a paperweight. The other items and ammo would be worth bartering if you needed something else.

Training is great but realistically but if you don't have to time to do it and or keep at it, it's perishable. The knowledge is still valuable but any cool tactical timmy stuff (not knocking it. I'd do more of it if I had the time) is less worthwhile than some basic marksmanship skills and drills done consistently.

If you're really worried about shtf. You'll need some like minded buddies that have trained together and work well together besides just going to the range and telling stories. First aid, comms etc...... sorry went off there a bit.

The above is just my nopetator thinking.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Buy more ARs and AKs so Beto can come and take them. Oh, wait...that dipshit will never be President.

Seriously, buy the guns you need and want, then add a few more. And, I strongly recommend hand loading ammo or learning if you haven't. There seems to be a push to control/limit/tax ammo, and we can't shoot without it. Stockpile components now. In a climate-controlled environment, powder and primers will last indefinitely. I'm still using stock I bought in the late 1980s - early 1990s and gradually moving to the later stuff. ...just a thought from my perspective, YMMV

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    My 2 cents. High capacity Magazines. Cheap as you can as many as you can. Bigger the pile the better. Especially handgun mags. I've got magazines for $hit I don't even own. Funny story- I traded 4 g17 mags for my wife's polished rossi 38 back during the dark years. This was at a gun shop. She's still toting that 38.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reloading equipment.
    And teach the kids how to do it PROPERLY...
    like the Army Marksmanship Unit does.

Training is highly important as well.
    It's worth it to do that, and competitive shooting early.
    Nothing like a little competition to bring out the best!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Primary guns and ammo for them. Your there.
    2. Backup "spare" complete guns.
    3. Mags and ammo. For primary/backup. They plan to ban one and starve/raise prices on the other.
    4. Firearms that chamber primary ammo but don't fit the "AWB Model".
    5. Firearms/mags that provide optimum performance (your call) with capacities of 10 or less rounds, possibly 7 rounds.
    6. Ammo for #5 if not previously stocked.
    7. If ammo is stocked deep: i would invest in mags for barter, long haul replacements. Mags take up less space and maintenance. Profit/value per mag is much higher if it gets "crazy" again and a wider general marketability then a brand X AR/AK, fall back is you can use them.
    8. Throw away Stuff. Shouldn't need an explanation.

Firearms/ammo/gear is only going up in price at least until 2020.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is Joe a therapist. He's trying to horn in on the action

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Is Joe a therapist. He's trying to horn in on the action

If you are referring to me - no, I am not a therapist. But, I can diagnose some mental conditions. Come see me, I also have 10 or so 30 rd ar magazines that should be real valuable soon, if the threads like this start poping up with renewed regularity on gun forums.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stock up an extra mags and ammo. Take advantage of the deals on bulk ammo as much as possible. Never hurts to keep your eyes open for used reloading equipment. It can be had very cheap compared to new and start reading and talking to those that do it and perfect your craft. Always a good idea to keep a supply of spare parts to keep your go to guns in great shape and ready for action. Staying well practiced in your guns as well. Just replace whatever you shoot as much as possible.

I really have all I need but my addiction has always been military surplus so I look for deals on them. Realistically, I should be stacking ammo back instead of all the guns. That's where I'm coming up short so I guess knowing your weak areas are and fixing the problem is an excellent idea too.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buy a revolver and a lever-action rifle both chambered in .357 Magnum and stock up on 38/357 ammo... because you never know.:noidea:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's not overlook a good 22LR rifle that takes high capacity mags. Stock mags and ammo. Black Dog Machine makes great mags and are/were O.E.M. from several firearm Mfrs and you can buy them direct from Black Dog.

If your 22LR rifle mirrors your Primary: you can do a lot of training much cheaper and conserve primary ammo.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom