• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks folks.

Just the conversation I wanted to happen!

I do think I need to stock up on a few calibers. I'm not really worried about SHTF type scenario as I am just not being able to get what I want or need either because it's banned or priced out of reach later. I was left without ammo in the last scarcity event. So I don't want that to happen again! It was right when I was trying to teach my oldest to shoot so she could eventually move up to shoot her own deer! Started her out on a .22 and of course I couldn't get any or I was not willing to spend the re-seller/hoarder prices.

I've taken care of the .22 problem. Got plenty there. So I guess I'll work on the five year plan and just make sure the 5 year plan is always in place as I consume!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I could not just have 3 calibers. at the best, I could narrow to 9mm , .22lr, .22mag , .30carbine, or .357 12ga and 30-06

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I'm with the more calibers, more ammo crowd. I reload as a hobby so having a good stock of loaded ammo is a given. Powder, primers, bullet and brass components, always keep more than you think you can use, worse case scenario someone will need it. In firearms I keep .22lr, 9mm, 38sp, 357mag, 40s&w, 45acp, 410, 12ga. I too remember walking in to buy ammo and finding nothing on the shelf but one box of 40s&w and I didn't have a 40 at that time, no powder, no primers. Not going to let that happen again.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find my focus has changed from hunting and enjoyment to the desire for defensive weapons capable of quickly turning a defensive situation into one where I'm on the offense and can prevail or break contact. Hope that fits into the agenda.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Since we're talking what if, let's assume the proposed FL Constitutional Amendment banning "assault weapons" ( as I understand it anything that can hold anything greater than 10 rounds) passes. As I understand it, existing weapons would be grandfathered in, however, you will be required to register it/them. Not sure what the penality would be - possibly a felony.

What do you think most current owner's would do? Register or not? Would you possibly risk your job and family if convicted? Sell your weapons before the law goes into effect?

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What this guy said:

Attachments

• Quotation-Benjamin-Franklin.jpg
      Quotation-Benjamin-Franklin.jpg
      74.4 KB · Views: 147

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would be great if we could buy what we intent to use within the next few weeks or months without concern for our future, however: that's not the case. The root problem is the ever increasing drive by gun grabber orgs and politicians to eliminate guns, ammo and accessories. We've been through the AWB but some States made their on version of the Law. We see other Oppressive States gun control Laws piling up. We have also seen "Grandfathering" added to Laws in order to get them Passed and later the Law is Changed and Grandfathering is revolked! Gun grabbers will NEVER be satisifed until the U.S. population is totally disarmed.

The Bottom Line is you can't rely on the Protections of the 2A at the Fed, State or Local level. This can be ignored (pertaining to supply/stock) or prepared for. As far as Proposed, New and Current Laws go: individuals must decide how much Infringement they will bear.

Look at the U.K., they have very strict gun control and now are doing "Knife Control" because BGs will continue to do evil and use what ever is available. N.Z. Did the AWB, then Semi-auto Ban, now Lever/Pump actions. Old Regime gun control took all guns from civilians with known results. Newer Gov gun control takes firearms in Steps. AW's, 10+ mags, semi-auto rifles, semi-auto handguns, shotguns, revolvers, all rifles, all handguns. We too will then be subject to "knife control". Gun owners that presume their shotgun, bolt action rifle or revolver are Safe and the Hell with other gun owner preferences are oblivious to their perils. Do gun owners wait till all we are left with black powder firearms then draw a Line in the Sand when it would be more folly than resistance? Your call.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is why we buy what we buy and Stock to Levels we're comfortable with or attempt to reach; or lower our heads and eat grass. The gun grabber agenda is not just a slippery slope they push us down: its end is a cliff edge and once reached there is no return.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm selling. In about 3 years,5 at the most,I will be down to just a few. I will never turn them in or allow some entity to confiscate them . . . PERIOD !! --- SAWMAN

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Funny you mention training. Hoping to start training my kiddos up soon beyond what me as their parent can. They listen to others better anyway. Is there a course for say a 13 year old or are their legal restrictions that instructors cannot teach youth?

I've had parents bring their teenagers to my classes... they do very well.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since we're talking what if, let's assume the proposed FL Constitutional Amendment banning "assault weapons" ( as I understand it anything that can hold anything greater than 10 rounds) passes. As I understand it, existing weapons would be grandfathered in, however, you will be required to register it/them. Not sure what the penality would be - possibly a felony.

What do you think most current owner's would do? Register or not? Would you possibly risk your job and family if convicted? Sell your weapons before the law goes into effect?

I would move back to Idaho. FL is rapidly turning Blue and driven by the radical and vocal Left that bail out of the shit hole States they created up north. "Grandfathering" with Registration is nothing more than a minor delay of Confiscation in order to collect a List of People, Firearms and Locations. We have already seen "Grandfathering" exemption placed in Law only to be eliminated/deleted from the Law later and in a much easier process than it took to establish the Law with that false protection "Carrot".

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Florida passed that law it would be no different than the much more liberal states in which they have had less than 10% compliance. Australia did not have mass compliance and there was no door to door confiscation. It's just not practical. The weapons are still out there just as they would be here only 100 a million more or so.

How many law enforcement agencies here in NW FL would much care to enforce it? If you are smart about it and don't bring attention to yourself in stupid ways then you will be intact with your guns if god forbid you ever needed them in your lifetime which is a satistically low probability.

In a sense the 2nd Amendment has already won because the horse cannot be put back in the barn and if any truly authoritarian government got up to no good on a mass scale they know they can and would be checked by a well armed populace. Just as the founders intended.

Even a gun grabbing writer at the NYT wrote a piece admitting there are too many guns out there for any gun legislation to have any meaningful impact and that if no other firearms were produced there are still enough weapons in circulation to have a well armed populace for another 200 years.

More power to someone if they are in a financial situation to pick up and move anywhere with no job and willing to leave family, friends, and the life they enjoy. I am not in that situation and if I were not sure how happy me and my guns would be living a secluded life in the sticks somewhere.

The United States will be a well armed nation of citizens regardless of what laws are passed in the future. Still advocate for 2nd amendment rights but no need to get bent out of shape and start making life altering decisions imo.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    sssooooo. for those that don't have several miles (how ever far sound will travel) around them... the so called authorities, could just hang out close to the ranges and randomly check the people coming and going? would that not make a so called "assault weapon" useless to have and enjoy? no where to shoot, whats the point? I understand whats being said, though, but would sort of blow to go to the range to enjoy your past time, but leave in cuffs and a felony.... You know, one bad guy at a time..... :O

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its like standing in a rising pile of crap while wearing rubber boots. Your still exposed to the sight and stench, the crap will only get deeper, your feet are only protected while they hide in the boots and your still going to get splattered above the boots! Its impossible to put crap back in the animals who will continue to feed and crap over and over. Look at the speed "do something" that enacted the FL bump stock ban, new under 21YO restriction and Red Flag Law. What will be "do something" sacrificed after the next or group of mass shooting? Not just FL but all States or Fed level?

I understand a strategic move is not an option for a lot of people. Don't we often lament the oppressed in gun grabber States and often ask why stay there? Their reasons are a higher priority than there 2A restrictions. Same is likely to happen here and elsewhere. I will not endure being turned into a criminal by some knee jerk law nor a FL Constitutional Ammendment. Lastly, I know the geography/terrain/resources of Id. much better than FL, most here will understand that advantage.

Hell, Trump/Feds might dictate Laws that impacting all States. Chose you path.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I understant the canoe accident. Many folks know how PVC, containers and tools work. This is not about continued regular usage: its about availability, access to what you own when you need it most and measures to eliminate liability until that time. Nothing new here as it has been done similarly for centuries by the oppressed.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not so sure too many cops would be super excited to set up check points and be the face of authority to confront fed up but otherwise law abiding gun owners with loaded AR-15's.

Most would comply. But what about that one who feels they have played by the rules all their life, just lost their job, wife left them and took their dog!

What could possibly go wrong!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the most part Politicians consider Leo’s useful idiots, when that becomes clear to the Leo’s the politicians will send in the military to control them in much the same way that hitler controlled the brown shirts in German.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Look at the speed "do something" that enacted the FL bump stock ban, new under 21YO restriction and Red Flag Law. What will be "do something" sacrificed after the next or group of mass shooting? Not just FL but all States or Fed level?

I agree, this could all be over in a couple days... comply or not, your weapons could be rendered useless in no time flat..... I hate all this, I really do. But I simply don't trust alot of folks.... I m so friggin glad I sold my guns when I did....

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bolt action rifles seem to be below the radar so I would have an old bolt action or two and ammo for them. They're still fairly cheap now but I expect that to change rapidly if they came down on the AR's.

Top Bottom