HD Tactical

Is there a silencer that would work on 300bo,9mm and .22?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    All subsonic. Would like to get one that would cover all the bases. And if it could do .308 that would be even better!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Most of your rifle caliber cans are welded and it is highly advised against shooting .22 through them due to the amount of lead buildup.

Understand that multi-caliber cans are the "jack of all trades, master of none"

A hybrid46 is a do all can.

In my opinion, I would buy a dedicated 22 can, a dedicated 30 caliber can, and a dedicated 9mm or 45 can.... I understand that's 3x the price, but I assure you if you buy a "do it all" can, you will eventually buy the rest anyways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Isn’t there a take a part 9mm can that’s rated for 300BLK ? I know it’s a compromise but he can use it for 9mm after he buys the other 3 or 4 that he’ll end up with eventually. John is correct , it is addictive and no body buys just one.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Isn’t there a take a part 9mm can that’s rated for 300BLK ? I know it’s a compromise but he can use it for 9mm after he buys the other 3 or 4 that he’ll end up with eventually. John is correct , it is addictive and no body buys just one.

GemTech GM 9 meets that criteria:
    https://www.gemtech.com/catalog/product/view/id/374/s/gm-9/category/10/

EDIT: Second thought is the issue with one can fits all, is that the suppressor effect is less for smaller calibers than from a proper sized can. For that I would recommend 2 cans, one for 9mm/300BO and one for .22LR. A proper .22 can and subsonic loads is smile inducing fun to shoot!

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    FWIW, most cans are "multi caliber". Some more than others. But as long as the can is rated for the pressure, the bullet fits down the hole and it'll mount concentric, you're good. Some companies like to provide a long list of compatible calibers (chamberings) to make their can look cool.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Liberty Mystic X

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Regarding a "wet" suppressor: follow the makers recommendations to see if allowed. Generally, it's never done on a centerfire rifle cartridge due to the pressures already being high inside the suppressor, but is done on .22lr rimfire and some pistol cartridges. 3cc of water inside a Gen II Sparrow noticeably quiets the first few shots. Haven't tried it on a Gen I (Gen II is sturdier).

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve never tried a wet suppressor, I’m I sure it’s quieter but it’s got to be messy.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Wow info overload. Gonna take a lot of reading to be able to make a good decision. I'm probably going to get one for my .22' first. I have a Photon XT equipped 15-22 sport, shooting the Winchester 42max and then pick up one of those new p17's at some point to play with. I'll see where it goes from there.

What are yall using for .22 ?? I've shot a walther 22 with the gemtec can and the action clacking was louder than the shot.

Thanks to all for the info.

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It can still be found on GB for a steal.

Top Bottom