• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting comment about target scoring and the shotgun at close range.
    metricTarget.png

Its not about the score on a target, its about killing that target. Killing. Score is irrelevant. Scores are attractive to shooters and those who understand shooting because it is quantifiable. A competitive shooter scores, he doesn't kill or even think of such a thing. A police rangemaster, while it is implied that he is teaching to kill, or qualifying others to kill, isn't concerned about killing and may not even use such a word in his entire tenure. And a shooting school instructor who ostensibly does the same thing, is more concerned about scores and high round counts to keep his fans happy, and making sure that his butt doesn't look too big on youtube in those uber-tactical pants he got free of charge.

Actually I think the wound below does cut the A zone.

Large-thoracic-wound-due-to-a-shotgun.png

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    EFFIN STOOPID !!
    If the shotgun would have had a Pattern Master choke tube in it,there would not be all those flyers.
    But . . . seriously . . . I have never been trained by a "sweetheart" trainer and can't even imagine the level of training that a real world (AGRESSIVE) combat shooter would attain from such.
    Real world training does not need to be "boot camp" style but it does need to be real,factual, and to the point. I have seen how the local (not in this area) police were trained . . . AND . . . the FBI. It left me shaking my head. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Civ and Mil ROE vary dramatically. Kill works for the Military. The objective to "Kill" does not work for the majority of LE encounters and never in Civ defensive use of force (or leathal force) encounters.

Stop the Threat. Prioritize and respond to multiple Threats (weapons/distance). Infers they are a danger to you or others.
    Target can identify a Range accuracy impact device or the objective of an offensive action.

In civillian society, death of a BG is a probable byproduct of Stopping a Threat but not the primary intent. Intent to Kill or "Killing" infers deliberate action to result in the death of someone. Under which term do you want a prosecutor to view your actions?

We all know what hits/patterns represent if we are skilled enough to get a similar result in a real world justified lethal use of force encounter. I don't think anyone is so naive as to think otherwise though the reality of an actual encounter can be psychologically traumatic.

Top Bottom