Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food plots

50 CAL
    This guy likes to eat out of the cow feeders . Name:  D6CCA51D-ADBE-4454-BEB9-80867A14AA95.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  183.3 KB- Name:  C91A0FF5-E244-4A22-93AF-A3B251EAAFAF.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  219.1 KB- he’s completely nocturnal best I can tell , I’ve never seen him in the daylight or got a daylight picture of him.

The only reason to disarm a man is to force him to do something that you couldnít force him to do if he was armed.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    This guy likes to eat out of the cow feeders . [ - he’s completely nocturnal best I can tell , I’ve never seen him in the daylight or got a daylight picture of him.
    That is how a buck becomes old, big, and very wise

3. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

FLT

50 CAL
    I think this one might be his offspring.Name:  1AEA8126-F20C-485A-B7B4-CB0E65858153.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  140.0 KB
    The only reason to disarm a man is to force him to do something that you couldnít force him to do if he was armed.

5. Likes FLT's Post:

50 CAL
    Can’t keep corn in the feed trough.

Name:  82AEB316-E117-4F9F-9A3E-46B47B6D0481.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  87.7 KB

With this new bait rule, there's gonna be some yummy fat deer this year!
    One man with a gun can control 100 without one.

Yeah,wondering when Ala. was gonna come around. They still make it somewhat complicated though.
    Revenue trap ??
    With the new,and extremely silly rules,enacted by Fla. this year,the state is gonna clean up on fines also. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Yeah,wondering when Ala. was gonna come around. They still make it somewhat complicated though.
    Revenue trap ??
    With the new,and extremely silly rules,enacted by Fla. this year,the state is gonna clean up on fines also. --- SAWMAN
    But there is two sides to this baiting coin, first it is proven that when you concentrate bait food to a close area there is a significant increase in parasites and disease. Plus with what most of you spend on whatever bait you use I can go buy a lot of really good groceries and still kill as many deer as I need to. Here in Alabama this new bait permit is for sure a new way to generate revenue because most have not read the rule book to realize that even if your kid is 5 years old and is hunting they have to have the permit also. Cha-ching

10. 3 Like Fathertime's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fathertime View Post
    But there is two sides to this baiting coin, first it is proven that when you concentrate bait food to a close area there is a significant increase in parasites and disease. Plus with what most of you spend on whatever bait you use I can go buy a lot of really good groceries and still kill as many deer as I need to. Here in Alabama this new bait permit is for sure a new way to generate revenue because most have not read the rule book to realize that even if your kid is 5 years old and is hunting they have to have the permit also. Cha-ching
    I wonder if baiting has a role in some of the deer chronic wasting disease. It seems to be associated with farming of deer and elk. Is there any truth to that is a question that I have.

50 CAL
    I don’t have an answer for that question, but I can say that deer have concentrated around every corn field I’ve ever planted. They will eat up your profit in a smaller field in a hurry. Fencing seems to have little effect on keeping them out of corn fields.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    I don’t have an answer for that question, but I can say that deer have concentrated around every corn field I’ve ever planted. They will eat up your profit in a smaller field in a hurry. Fencing seems to have little effect on keeping them out of corn fields.
    It takes a very high fence to keep there out. They will sail over 5 ft easily. Most farm fences are a bit less than that. I suspect if they are harassed by regular hunting they will go somewhere else. They stay off my place I think because of the dogs.