Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "The rebuilding of a road from 2 to 4 lanes is more complicated is what I have read and I do not understand it."
    Frommer, lots of things come into play when you add lanes. Underground utilities have to be moved over, right of way is always a problem as people and businesses have built up next to the road and the new road may have to be built to a higher standard than the old road due to code changes. Intersections have to be changed so adding lanes is not as easy as it seems.

2. Likes MauserLarry's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    from what I've been told, the roads are on a rotational resurface depending the amount of traffic. A road like Woodbine, with the amount of traffic may get resurfaced/reworked once every 5 years (I have no idea of the actual time periods...). compared to a county maintained road in a subdivision, may be scheduled for every 25 years. its budgeted funds for projects, they get resurfaced regardless if you think it needs it or not.... Thats how it was explained to me anyways...
    I'm not so sure that holds true in SRC. It really depends on the suck buddies, as Willard Norris Hwy has not been resurfaced that I know of since the mid 70's. When they were resurfacing woodbine this last time, there was not even any tire ruts (sagging/dipping) on either lane. The Pace CC just had extra funds in his district and needed to be cleared off his books, that's it.
    And IF they do 4-lane woodbine, they'd need to 4-lane it from hwy 90 north up to quintet and continue north on chumuckla hwy to around willard norris rd. Also 4-lane Pace Chumuckla rd from woodbine back east to hwy 90. Then 4-lane quintet west up past the 102.7 radio station.
    But if they hadn't allowed publix to build near the intersection area and the strip mall, the traffic wouldn't be as bad as it currently is.
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

4. Likes Zeroed in's Post:

45 ACP
    I think the current 1/2 cent tax will go away in Dec if this one passes so it will be only a 1/2 cent that we will be paying over what we are now. We are going to pay and I would rather others help out than it showing up on my property tax at the end of the year, trust me we are going to pay one way or the other.

6. Likes lees way2's Post:

12 GA
    Woodbine should have been done 5 years ago.....as in completed. Started 7 or 8 years ago. That traffic in the mornings and the evenings is insane. I wouldn't live out there. No sir.

8. Likes stage20's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lees way2 View Post
    I think the current 1/2 cent tax will go away in Dec if this one passes so it will be only a 1/2 cent that we will be paying over what we are now. We are going to pay and I would rather others help out than it showing up on my property tax at the end of the year, trust me we are going to pay one way or the other.
    If they could put it all on the property tax they would. The sales tax is the easier way for the BOCC to get the money. If the sales tax proposal fails there will be a big infrastructure mess and likely they will get put out of office in the upcoming election. If you have a homestead exemption in FL, there is a 3% cap on property tax increases.
    Last edited by FrommerStop; 09-11-2019 at 07:40 AM.

12 GA
    Looks like the facts have come out. The PAC funding all those signs and billboards advocating for the additional "penny" sales tax are mostly aligned some way with the construction industry. According to a PNJ article the PAC has raised $78,900 as of Aug 30 "almost entirely by individuals and entities who have economic interests in the home building, engineering and development industry".

Good ole boy politics hard at work here. Line the pockets of select persons/groups at the expense of the general public.

Yeah right. Tax goes for parks, sheriff, fire drainage improvements, bike paths. Never have I seen a defined allocation where all of the extra money will go. I believe that nearly all the dollars will go towards building/improving roads and infrastructure so that the building industry can expand and make more profits. No way will I ever consider any additional sales tax increase until imact fees are institutes.

11. Likes Bay Ranger's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lees way2 View Post
    That"s what they want you to believe. They'll keep that extra 1/2 cent until it expires and most likely will quietly extend it. Just like the 1st time when gas prices fell extremely low, bocc added a tax to the gas then, saying it was needed and since the gas was so low it wouldn't be too much of a tax burden on citizens. Then not too long after, they hit/taxed it again somewhere around 12.5 total.
    After the gas went back up, did they remove that tax, hell no, left it there and now wanting more.
    Another one was not long ago they took monies from the north (milton area) and funneled those monies to the south end for some huge multi million dollar bs construction idea. Most milton residents won't be down there to benefit from it, but milton area paid for it. Totally bs.
    They just need to restructure their expenditures, express to departments to stay within their budgets, stop over spending and wasting, they'd see they can operate on the current budget and still get projects done.
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

13. Likes Zeroed in's Post:

12 GA
    Does any one know the Hoffman fellow in Pace that is openly opposed to the penny sales tax increase? He was quoted in the PNJ article. I would like to talk with him since I am opposed to the tax also. If any one know him will you please PM me his contact info. Or, if you are concerned with doing that PM me and I will provide you with my contact info that you can give to him.

Somehow we need to get organized to oppose this increase or the voting public will only see the signs and billboards and vote the tax in. If that happens we will never see impact fees put on the developers that are causing most of our current problems.