• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler0421

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looking to buy a Youth Model Rifle For my 8 Year old daughter to start deer hunting with this year. .243, .223 etc. Please let me know what you have.
    She has only shot smaller calibers so far. .22, .17 wsm so looking for something that isn't going to kick much. Any advice is appreciated as well..

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What bowfreak said, get her an AR15 shorty, perfect for a youngster, light weight, compact size, virtually no recoil, super cheap right now, and has the chance of tripling or more in value if the Dems get in :) . Get one in pink, she'll love it. .223 is plenty for the size deer we have around here. Every one I've shot with a .223 has dropped in it's tracks. Just use ammo with a good bullet. I use Hornady 55 gr V-MAX.

Attachments

• tip_ny_0406_03.jpg
      tip_ny_0406_03.jpg
      66.5 KB · Views: 34

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Anyone who makes the "decision" that would suspend or expel a kid for posing with a weapon at what is obviously a gunshow should expect the full weight of both parents' boots on their neck.

Another vote for an AR-15 for your child. For many reasons: physics of recoil, accuracy, modularity of furniture to grow with your child, teachability for ease of maintenance and learning how a firearm tool works, multi-caliber capability to again adapt with your child in addition to the animal species for the hunting season, ability to easily go from optics to traditional sights, can be suppressed, and finally for the political lessons. It is a tool. It is an inanimate object. The operator is responsible for the usage. Those who would claim anything different are self-identified as either ignorant or manipulative, so treat what they say accordingly.

Have a great time, and thank you for raising your kid right.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    If you don't have one I have several 556 and 300 blackouts to include pistols that she is welcome to shoot. I will even provide all the ammo and she could shoot as much as she wants

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Will you reload for this/her gun ??
    The recoil energy,and ESPECIALLY the blast over pressure will be a real step up for her unless you reload and the action is not gas. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

tyler0421

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Will you reload for this/her gun ??
    The recoil energy,and ESPECIALLY the blast over pressure will be a real step up for her unless you reload and the action is not gas. --- SAWMAN

I will not be reloading. She will have to step up. I plan on getting a 410 for her as well to dove/quail hunt with so she needs to get use to some recoil anyway.

Top Bottom