• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Governor Abbot of Texas should put out a statement something to the effect of this:

Due to the higher than normal amount of mass shootings lately I am urging every citizen who is legally allowed to carry a weapon to please make sure you do so at all times. I strongly feel that the number of these shootings will go down and the amount of people shot per incident will go down with many more trained legal weapon carriers ready to stop a threat in our state. In addition, we will suspend any fees for anyone who can pass a background check and want's to start carrying until further notice. We will also suspend fees for CCW permit renewals until further notice. We will also give free training classes in defensive weapons use to anyone who requests it and has passed any required background checks to be able to legally purchase a gun. Finally we will require all psychiatrist's and other mental health professional's to submit the name of anyone they are prescribing anti depressant type drugs to the state. That list will be kept confidential and will be only reviewed during a background check to either purchase a weapon or to get a CCW permit. Anyone who's name appears on the list will need the prescribing physician to sign off before the CCW permit will be issued or the gun purchase will be finalized.

This would be great for some governor to start. Abbot would be good, maybe even DeSantis here in Florida would do something like this. Hopefully other Republican governors would follow along. Maybe if He started receiving letters with this suggestion he might think about doing something like it.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More lawmakers responding like Texas State Rep. Matt Schaefer would be a start.

Attachments

• Matt Schaefer1.jpg
      Matt Schaefer1.jpg
      72.3 KB · Views: 151

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Finally we will require all psychiatrist's and other mental health professional's to submit the name of anyone they are prescribing anti depressant type drugs to the state. That list will be kept confidential and will be only reviewed during a background check to either purchase a weapon or to get a CCW permit.

this one bothers me...who makes the list? elected, or appointed?
    the next thing will be, ammo can only be bought at gun shops, and we now require all gun shops to have cameras , and transmit images daily..

another list.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just make sure you don’t get one of those evil black assault knives !

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Beto sez he's gonna take all the guns with "clips".
    WHEW !! I was kinda worried that he just might want all my AR's.
    I'm thankful that he's so fuckin' dumb !! --- SAWMAN

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally we will require all psychiatrist's and other mental health professional's to submit the name of anyone they are prescribing anti depressant type drugs to the state. That list will be kept confidential and will be only reviewed during a background check to either purchase a weapon or to get a CCW permit.

this one bothers me...who makes the list? elected, or appointed?
    the next thing will be, ammo can only be bought at gun shops, and we now require all gun shops to have cameras , and transmit images daily..

another list.

Yeah, that one kind of bothered me when I wrote it but included it because of info I read and saw here and other places:

https://www.frontsight.com/news.asp?Action=ViewNews&ID=125

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhO0Pul_FcE

https://web.archive.org/web/2012101...use.gov/witness-testimony/peter-r-breggin-md/

These are just a few of the many articles and videos on this problem. Something has to be done to get to the cause of the problem. We all know GUNS are not the problem. My solution may not be perfect but maybe it will get people smarter than me thinking.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WTB : Big Ass Knife. Must have: Concealable blade length just under 16 inches overall length Flash Suppression coating in Black, Folding pistol grip handle with semi-automatic deployment, extra high surration count, streamlined for high velocity, forward guard verticle grip with light and laser while incorporating BFS articulation to rebound from resistance and assist subsequent pentration and blade twist.

Top Bottom