• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The thing is, if we all don’t answer the basic questions, we won’t have proper representation in Congress.
    I will answer the questions as long as they don’t get too personal. There’s no reason not to.

Q: How many people live in this dwelling? Answer: X. That covers the head count for representation.

Everything else falls in two categories:
    a. It's already public information that the Gov could access. Race, Housing, vehicles, Utilities, phones, internet, income, births, divorce, public assistance and so on.
    b. It's private info they are trying to source and using limp excuses to justify the invasion of you privacy that protected by the 4th Ammendment.
    No grounds for a Subpoena or Warrant, they just want you to surrender your privacy at their asking.

What happens if/when the Census snoops into other private property issues like number and type of firearms? Do you own a Safe? How much personal wealth is kept in the dwelling? How much ammunition is stored in the dwelling? Absurd? Yeah, thats what iI would have said If somebody thought that future Census questions would ask about same sex couples not too long ago.

Do what is right for you.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Last time. I filled out the form and did not fill out the questions I did not feel comfortable with. Sooo they send someone out. I was rude to them one time and then just never answered the door there after.

I finally just left a note on the door that 2 people live here and that is all the info you are getting.

I never heard from them again.

Probably will go the same route this time. LOL

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The "idea" of a Census is fine. The implementation is flawed from the start. Same reason gun-laws are BS. It only works with honest people.

"Ohhhhh, I'm gonna get fined if I lie?", says the slumlord of 100-illegals. Who's gonna know?
    "Answer honestly", says the Census taker or the form. Who's gonna know?

There is no Voter ID program. There is no Citizenship verification, even if the illegals answered "yes" or "US" to that.

We're supposed to have faith in the integrity of the criminals?

Besides, I've lost count of how many government agencies entrusted with very private info have been HACKED. Even the credit bureaus are vulnerable. Why am I supposed to trust the Census Bureau with private info that is none of their business?

"X" number of US Citizens consider this their primary residence. That's all they need to know.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have so far never ever been visited by a census taker. Arrow indicates my driveway which goes back a bit.
    Two gates are always locked. Inner one has dogs behind it. They can leave me a form to fill out.

my gate census.JPG

Attachments

• my gate census.JPG
      my gate census.JPG
      124.7 KB · Views: 205

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I'm 67 years old and I have never received a census or survey form, nor a visit from a census worker. I'm disappointed too, because I can't wait to not complete a form, and/or to tell a visitor to get off my property.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm 67 years old and I have never received a census or survey form, nor a visit from a census worker. I'm disappointed too, because I can't wait to not complete a form, and/or to tell a visitor to get off my property.

surely you have filled a simple census form out, they are every 10 yrs, on even yrs

it is only about 5-7 questions on it you are mandated to fill in... the ACS is something else, fairly new

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've always found it odd over the years, people talking about the census and I never received one. Since I turned 21 I've had about 10 permanent residential addresses (not counting temp and military addresses). I have no idea why I never received one, unless it was wrapped in junk mail and got tossed, but then I never received a follow up either. I guess I just don't count :sad: ...or wasn't counted...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go here:
    You can zoom in pretty far to see if your house is going to be included in the "in person" possible visit area:
    https://gis-portal.data.census.gov/...ndex.html?id=1a0004d1745547888c8fd2f4d929d42f
    I am not. But across the street is!

Very informative Link! States the first wave knocking on doors are "Listers", their job is to verify addresses AND LOCATIONS: Must be two different data bases and the second is probably "GPS" work. Since these folks aren't actual Census Takers: they can piss off.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As someone mentioned above,I like the . . . "The people that live here are in Europe and I'm just house sitting for them while they are away",angle. It seems to leave no openings for the census taker,not disrespectful,easy for them to understand why I do not know and/or will not give out any more info on them. And since I don't live here they do not need any info on me.
    If they start with . . . "When will they be back" sorta stuff,that's my cue to start gettin' a little agitated with them. It's pretty simple - - -> I don't know anything . . so you do not need to ask anything. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very informative Link! States the first wave knocking on doors are "Listers", their job is to verify addresses AND LOCATIONS: Must be two different data bases and the second is probably "GPS" work. Since these folks aren't actual Census Takers: they can piss off.
    No one from the census has ever knocked on my door and in fact no one lol ever knocks on my door. Not healthy. My dogs are true liberals lol, they do not discriminate and will bite people all of races, political beliefs, and religious faiths.
    Two members of the welcoming committee below.
    attachment.php

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the Census Taker threatens that if you don't answer: they will just guess and fill it in: TITLE 13 Census Section 213 False Statements, Certificates and Information. Lists Penalties for CENSUS PERSONNEL that commit such acts (including fictitious return) "shall be fined not more than $2000 or imprisoned for more than five years, or both."

Section 221 Refusal or neglect to answer questions, false information. Refusal or neglect to answer "shall be fined not more than $100. "willfully gives any answer that is false, shall not be fined more than $500." Allegedly, nobody has be Charged since 1972.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The census dates from at least Roman times.

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to his own town to register.

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:1-7

Top Bottom