• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrianK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Hello, i recently inherited a Bernadelli-Gardone 25 cal pistol. It came to me disassembled. I cannot seem to push that back part back into the frame after i put the slide back on. I have watched vids on how it is supposed to be assembled but it feels like there is something blocking it from pushing back in.
    Anyone have experience with this gun and could lend a hand/advise?
    See pics.
    Thanks
    Brian
    8ad626c1c604296cddd410ec334e261a.jpg
    c21526fcbb9049c02e35a5baf9b5c32e.jpg
    eab98a6ab9cbeca008973717a86e8815.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I would look at the parts diagram if you can find one to ensure it is complete, and nothing is missing. If it has set for a while like this, oil it well. Then if all assembles like supposed to, tap that take down pin lightly with a rubber mallet or nylon tap would be my thoughts.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just an update, this guy places the firing pin in the slide before assemble and it looks easier...

Nice little pistol..

BrianK

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've tried everything. I can't get it. Something must be wrong with it. Ive seen the parts diagram but does me no good. Everything looks to be in place. There is something keeping it from closing.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    would want to post a youtube or photos as you try to do it.. With out some visuals its real hard to see???

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    calling oneshot.... Jerome are you out there? hahaha He can probably put it together blindfolded!!!

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've tried everything. I can't get it. Something must be wrong with it. Ive seen the parts diagram but does me no good. Everything looks to be in place. There is something keeping it from closing.

Then the thing to do is to strip it back down and reassemble per the vids...
    that's the bear with pistol guts, sometimes something gets wonky,
    and the only thing you can do is start over.
    Try this Vid!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4b0wSuGzkQ

Had a pistol once that the firing pin was in the wrong slot...couldn't get it to feed at all...but once it was moved to the right spot, everything worked properly!

Or head to your nearest gun shop with an old dude workiing in it ;)

One thing I noticed in his vid as opposed to the others is he actually used the left rear side button to move the ?hammer assembly? backwards...that seems to be your issue, that it isn't moving, so REMOVE THE GRIPS and spray the BLEEP outta it with CLP or WD-40 or brake parts cleaner, let it sit overnight, then spray again in the morning and wiggle on it until it moves. Once you get that to go backwards & forwards, it should allow the rest of the assembly to commence. May take a fair amount of wiggling before it breaks free of the rust/gunk holding it in place.

Reason I say remove the grips is that old Bakelite tends to go wonky with some cleaners...so best to take 'em off just in case the cleaner melts them. Hard to replace is an understatement.

Hope that helps!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom