• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nope. Accommodations, concessions, negotiations... Why? If supporters of a law use the arguement, "well, can you think of anything better?", then they are taking the lazy manipulative road.

Why should we have to prove a better solution than theirs? Why isn't the burden for them to make the case that theirs CAN'T be abused? That's right, because these are the same people who believe in "guilty before proven innocent".

Sending tweaks/edits/riders for Scott, Rubio, and Desantis to ponder is the subconscious equivalent to "supporting" these laws. You become one of the dots a bean-counter can move to the pro-RedFlag column, with an asterisk subnote.

Address the causes for fatherless families. Stop enabling unproductive able-bodied Citizens. Secure the borders. National Voter ID and Citizenship requirements for all elections. Fix the school systems: (emphasize personal accountability, 1st place thru 4th trophies return, no more 5th place and worse trophies, bring back the Pledge of Allegiance, bring back the moment of silent personal prayer in home room or sports events, gender-bending bathrooms are gone until your entire campus is over-18, stop editing the history books Dammit, no cellphone/ipad/smart watches used during class, and teach marksmanship fundamentals in all public schools). Arm the populace. Harsher punishment for violent offenders that use firearms.

Those are the "better ways" to reduce mass shootings.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is his response to my email regarding red flag laws:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent tragedies in Dayton, Ohio and El Paso, Texas. I appreciate the opportunity to respond. Tragedies like these are devastating, not only to the communities and loved ones impacted, but also to families across the nation as we grieve with them and keep them in our prayers.

The safety of our families is always my top priority, and I am a proud supporter of the Constitution, the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding citizens. As we work to move forward, I am committed to reviewing proposals that work to keep Americans safe. As Governor of Florida, I worked to increase safety measures in Florida’s schools through the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act. We also passed a “red flag” law in the state of Florida, commonly referred to as an Emergency Risk Protection Order (ERPO). When properly constructed, red flag laws are a common sense measure to keep weapons out of the hands of any person who threatens to harm themselves or others, or who is mentally unstable.

As United States Senator, I remain focused on making sure that our schools and communities are safe, and that those struggling with mental health issues or threatening harm to themselves or others cannot use a weapon. I am currently working with my colleagues to pass the EAGLES Act (S. 495), which provides law enforcement more resources to prevent tragedies and improves school safety for students and teachers. I am also a cosponsor of the Threat Assessment, Prevention, and Safety (TAPS) Act (S. 265), which will create a task force of experts to provide recommendations for a national strategy to keep communities safe from targeted violence.

Again, thank you for your correspondence. I am proud to represent every citizen in Florida and I appreciate the time you took to provide your position on this matter. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Rick Scott
    United States Senator

Of course he supports this shit. He’s a Republican. They generally support this shit.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    He may as well be a democrat. He and Little Marco need to be out of office

Last edited:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Because the 72-hr Baker Act has no teeth.
    The Patient can simply WALK OUT at any point...
    and NOBODY can do ANYTHING physical to stop them...
    or they can be charged with Kidnapping.
    Can't even place them in a hard-locked room.
    All you can do is call the fuzz, they'll recapture and return them,
    at that point the cop will usually hang out until a Psych can see them...
    then Psych can admit them...or declare them OK and release.

Bottom line, the Baker Act is dang near useless.
    Upside, if the patient is nuts, they usually can't figure out that
    they CAN just get up and walk out.

I asked my sister who worked for almost 20 years at a detox facility about people who were admitted under the Baker Act
    She said that they were not allowed to leave and if one did manage to get out the police would pick them up and bring them back. The doors were kept locked and during her 19+ years none of the staff were ever charged with kidnapping
    Some of them were able to convince a therapist that they were fit to be released even though most of the staff didn’t agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scott is way better than Nelson, however his recent comments about how great the Red Flag laws are here in Florida and that he knows people are going to complain about their rights, but he doesn't care, should probably make him a one term Senator.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rick Scott is positioning himself for 2024; no PhD required to figure out his mind. The hard part for a Republican voter will be to find an actual pro-gun candidate.

Top Bottom