APOD Firearms

YOU verses a Mob, riot or other unarmed group.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hadn't heard about the "extra mags" and the "high ready" details from the Portland incident...... its dumb that those matter. While I understand the legal aspect(at least I think I do) that thought process ultimately leads to surrendering ground to an aggressive enemy without putting up a fight because "you should have just stayed home".

That whole thing is buildout(autocorrect for bullshit)!!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just like in real estate it is location location or legally the jurisdiction relative to what happens when a gun is employed against a mob. Also the politics and race of the mob and victim may be considered. What happens in south florida may be very different than what will happen here relative to charges.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I read the Article one Item I thought about was my Truck Gun Package: 5.56 pistol & 7 mags. Where I differ from the guy in the exmple: my Pkg Is standard daily gear that goes in the vehicle when I go. I'm not adding additional gear because I'm going to a location that I think may expose me to elevated level of danger. However, extra prep/gear premeditation can be mitigated when you have a overiding concern that prevail over others. Say your wife was trapped in a rioting/arson/looting area where police presence (911call) was withdrawn as Dems do: demonstrates the need to go there and be adequately prepared. IMHO.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another non lawyer comment: What's the answer to the conviction on menacing for doing a "high ready" Threat Scan across "innocent bystanders". I can distinguish a direct threat from some mob participants but other participants ARE PARTICIPANTS, that are verbally threatening and encouraging others to act against you are a Threat IMHO because they are involved in influencing, escalating and directing the primary Threats and motivating others to become additional primary Threats. What I don't understand is how any person that is in the actively involved (voluntarily present in violent disturbance) in the riot or mob action is a "innocent bystander". Individuals are either innocents or participants, can't be both.

High Ready Scan has been ingrained in my response from decades of training and it serves a specific tactical/survival purpose. Proper Scan also includes where your trigger finger is and as always, we are responsible for every round fired. I don't see a Low Ready and head swivel as a replacement in my play book.

junker46

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, crap. That just basically says carrying is expecting trouble. People wouldn't carry a BOG or first aid kit if they weren't expecting trouble.

No, thats not what the referenced Article said, so you didn't bother to read it but no matter. Looks like your on this Thread now to start stirring crap. I'm not playing your game, just identifying it.

junker46

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, thats not what the referenced Article said, so you didn't bother to read it but no matter. Looks like your on this Thread now to start stirring crap. I'm not playing your game, just identifying it.

Sure thing. I read the article. Here's the quote: "By going somewhere he thought the need to use a gun was likely, Strickland eroded his claim as an innocent party and that the danger was unavoidable." What does that mean to you?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What an idiot. I really hope he decides to never carry again because he'll more than likely find himself in a similar situation as the parking enforcement guy.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    For a good compare/contrast of the Lunsford killing, look up DPS Trooper Andy Lopez.

Not to bad mouth the dead, but Lunsford lacked situational awareness and had his back turned to one of the attackers. Having been briefed on the Lunsford incident months earlier, Lopez sensed the situation developing and as a result was ahead of the OODA loop when the attack came. Lopez also stated in an interview that night was one of the rare times he didn't wear his vest. Even after the initial gunfire, Lopez maintained situational awareness and spotted a second attack coming.

As for the "high ready" and pointing your firearm at folks, yep, you better be able to articulate... that's why I NEVER teach a "high ready" for use in the public domain as a citizen. Unfortunately in many places it's not hard to catch an Aggravated Assault charge.

EACH and EVERY time we point our firearms at people (I'm a Deputy) we have to do a Use of Force report to justify why.

While I won't say I agree or disagree with the legal points in the article, I do agree with the previous comment as to WHERE you are in the country can very well have an impact on prosecutorial decisions.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Self defense in this day and age certainly falls in to the damned if you do , damned if you don’t category !

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I pray I am never in the position of having to defend myself with a gun or any other weapon. good information, but in the split second(s) to make the decision to pull your gun, or run......

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a good compare/contrast of the Lunsford killing, look up DPS Trooper Andy Lopez.

Not to bad mouth the dead, but Lunsford lacked situational awareness and had his back turned to one of the attackers. Having been briefed on the Lunsford incident months earlier, Lopez sensed the situation developing and as a result was ahead of the OODA loop when the attack came. Lopez also stated in an interview that night was one of the rare times he didn't wear his vest. Even after the initial gunfire, Lopez maintained situational awareness and spotted a second attack coming.

As for the "high ready" and pointing your firearm at folks, yep, you better be able to articulate... that's why I NEVER teach a "high ready" for use in the public domain as a citizen. Unfortunately in many places it's not hard to catch an Aggravated Assault charge.

EACH and EVERY time we point our firearms at people (I'm a Deputy) we have to do a Use of Force report to justify why.

While I won't say I agree or disagree with the legal points in the article, I do agree with the previous comment as to WHERE you are in the country can very well have an impact on prosecutorial decisions.

One advantage of a traditional size pistol is the ability to use the sul position and still be able to protect and access the firearm at very close ranges. The AR pistol-carbines not really suited IMO for that position. Yes you can used a modified sul, but it makes it more difficult to employ the gun at bad breath distances.

Photo shows sul with rifle with men using it. Good for safety purposes while training or in a team, but not the best for single street combat.
    images

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well...kinda falls back into this...
    Amen.jpg

First end of it is planning...don't get in the middle of a group of ANYTHING.
    especially Liberals or Hood Rats ;)

If you know a protest is going on, let the fuzz handle it and stay far away.
    If you see a riot building...which it will be OBVIOUS, get the heck away.
    Escape & Evade to the best of your ability...don't become a Reginald Denny.

Expend all other options before drawing.
    Zero benefit to Brandishing these days.
    Used to be pointing out the fact you had a Gat on hand was simply warning enough.
    Now ya get charged and sued.
    So you can't WARN them that they're about to cross the Fatality Line.
    Make sure you have USCCA or some other lawyer service for Carry.

And if in a Semi or other large vehicle and folks start attacking it...
    I'm absolutely NOT going to be another Reginald Denny...
    the air horn will be the only warning they get...
    better move it or loose it, cause it ain't stopping until at the Dock.
    View attachment 76305

Oh, and Special Item for those who don't know...
    the Interstate Commerce Act gives the Legal Standing for ANY LEO to charge ANY protester/s with a FEDERAL FELONY if they block a public Highway and stop ANY DOT Vehicle...furthermore, they can also be charged with HIGHJACKING, one charge per each DOT Vehicle involved. 30 trucks = 30 charges of Highjacking. (and even if a Liberal DA drops the charges, it'll screw up their 4473's for DECADES ;) )
    Interstate Commerce Act.jpg

Attachments

• Amen.jpg
      Amen.jpg
      50 KB · Views: 172
    • Protest.jpg
      Protest.jpg
      78.2 KB · Views: 99
    • Interstate Commerce Act.jpg
      Interstate Commerce Act.jpg
      78.4 KB · Views: 216
    Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    denny should have made greasy spots out of those hood rats..

at the end of the day, I am going home... I don't care how many black mask wearing butthurt snowflake weenies I have to shoot....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your vehicle under florida law is same as being in your house. You have even more latitude in shooting if someone attacks the passenger compartment of the car that you are in. Tactically there may be reasons to leave your vehicle. But legally you are in a better condition to shoot if attacked.
    (2) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using or threatening to use defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force was used or threatened was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

Top Bottom