• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Our two dogs got out a couple hours ago. We are at hwy 196 and shifco rd. One is black collie mix named Remmie. Second is white lab mix named Maggie. Both should have collars and tags unless they shed them off in the woods. If found please call/text 850-712-8078. Thanks

Attachments

• 13ABA189-C46F-4FCD-9BF2-FDB0211B4C5E.jpg
      13ABA189-C46F-4FCD-9BF2-FDB0211B4C5E.jpg
      203.3 KB · Views: 262
    • 8B05CFE3-9131-47EB-89C4-91CBFE40F9E0.jpg
      8B05CFE3-9131-47EB-89C4-91CBFE40F9E0.jpg
      231.2 KB · Views: 258

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    yes, praying for their safety while out red-necking in the woods. have you tried a coach's whistle? then calling for them after the whistle.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Have not tried the whistle. But rode through woods whistling and calling. Its just so thick. They could be 5 ft in the wood line and never be seen. Saw only one single dog print. But hard to tell if one of them or a coyote. Lots of deer tracks so they are probably chasing something. At this point its been about 5.5 hours, and they had a solid 30 minute head start maybe even a little longer. With 100+ acres of woods directly behind us and tons more land all around they could be anywhere. Hoping they come back when hungry as we normally feed them at night.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Hope they can survive the heat and make it back

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Almost dark. No luck. Walked through the woods hoping they may pick up my scent and come back. But then it rained so...
    Have food and water out so we will have to wait and see tonight

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Good news they made it back. Found them sleeping on the porch about 15 min ago. Thanks for the support

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Good news they made it back. Found them sleeping on the porch about 15 min ago. Thanks for the support

that's a weight off of you on a Monday..good deal, I was going to drive by there on my way to work, glad you got the dogs back..

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is that most dogs come home on their own, but others just stay lost? A lady the other day spent several says looking for two lost pet coon hounds in Florida town. They were found in some woods not too far from pace assembly of god church having crossed US 90 safely.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some dog get shot for various reasons or by idiots for kicks. Vehicles hits take some, pound/shelters take others. Wild animals surely take a toll in rural and now city areas. If they don't return its best to think someone picked him/her/them up and just kept them. Dogs are also stolen from fenced fron & back yards.

Wife had a Weiner dog that disappeared from the yard. Six months later she was driving a four wheeler along the Snake River (1/4 mile from the house) and she sees a fisherman with a dachshund. Calls the dogs name and it runs to her and jumps in her lap. Guy said he found her in another county. Ah huh. Occasionally, there are news stories of dogs crossing great distances and month or years later they get reconnected with rightful owners.

Glad your furry kids got home okay.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some dog get shot for various reasons or by idiots for kicks. Vehicles hits take some, pound/shelters take others. Wild animals surely take a toll in rural and now city areas. If they don't return its best to think someone picked him/her/them up and just kept them. Dogs are also stolen from fenced fron & back yards.

Wife had a Weiner dog that disappeared from the yard. Six months later she was driving a four wheeler along the Snake River (1/4 mile from the house) and she sees a fisherman with a dachshund. Calls the dogs name and it runs to her and jumps in her lap. Guy said he found her in another county. Ah huh. Occasionally, there are news stories of dogs crossing great distances and month or years later they get reconnected with rightful owners.

Glad your furry kids got home okay.

Close to 5,000 dogs and cats, a lot of them pups and kittens are killed at the Santa Rosa County Animal Shelter yearly. This sort of thing happens nation wide.
    This is apparently proving to be quite traumatic for some of the people working there.

The head of the Santa Rosa County Animal Shelter wants the county to enact a dog tax for pet owners. about 10 bucks for a neutered dog and $60 dollars for a dog that is not neutered. They plan to make the responsible pet owners pay for those are not.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Close to 5,000 dogs and cats, a lot of them pups and kittens are killed at the Santa Rosa County Animal Shelter yearly. This sort of thing happens nation wide.
    This is apparently proving to be quite traumatic for some of the people working there.

The head of the Santa Rosa County Animal Shelter wants the county to enact a dog tax for pet owners. about 10 bucks for a neutered dog and $60 dollars for a dog that is not neutered. They plan to make the responsible pet owners pay for those are not.

I get what you're saying. Sadly there isn't much way to find and fine the irresponsible pet owners. No, it's not right to charge only the responsible owners, but what is the answer? Killing that many animals at a "shelter" is unacceptable to most everyone.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get what you're saying. Sadly there isn't much way to find and fine the irresponsible pet owners. No, it's not right to charge only the responsible owners, but what is the answer? Killing that many animals at a "shelter" is unacceptable to most everyone.

There will still be killings at the shelter if we go by other cities that have dog taxes. To neuter a female dog is expensive. There are clinics, but unless they are free it will not get done. I am not even too sure how they can enforce the neutering part for females. Maybe it falls upon the vet to do.
    I have locked gates and while from outside one can check the male out, lots of luck with them getting in to see the females. There is a big argument-discussion going on at next door about this issue.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There will still be killings at the shelter if we go by other cities that have dog taxes. To neuter a female dog is expensive. There are clinics, but unless they are free it will not get done. I am not even too sure how they can enforce the neutering part for females. Maybe it falls upon the vet to do.
    I have locked gates and while from outside one can check the male out, lots of luck with them getting in to see the females. There is a big argument-discussion going on at next door about this issue.

It needs to be discussed. I just don't have a good idea of what to do about the problem.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    County Shelters are already paid for by our taxes. Just push for a higher budget and or tax rate to cover an expansion of facilities and staff.

My female rescue was 45 pounds when we got her. Spayed after we felt she was a good fit for us. $125. Pretty cheap compared to some $350 costs I have heard for that size dog.

Top Bottom