• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see that there are AR15 mags specifically designed for the 300 ACC with claims that 5.56 design mags do not preform well with 300 AAC. .
    Does any one here have any information about the 300 ACC not feeding reliably from mags designed for the 5.56 nato cartridge?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    longer ogive may rub internal ribs on some of the poly mags. A spring meant to push up 30 shells with 55gr bullets may have issue pushing up 30rds of 180+gr ammo. I've experienced some rubbing with some older pmags but it's not enough to bug me for range use. If you shoot 300 a lot, it may not be a bad way to go. If you haven't had an issue with it, it's probably not necessary.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    How many rounds do you suggest using in a 556 mag? Just weigh them up and make a match with the 300. Seems legit. Same amount of weight. Less rounds.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No sense reducing capacity unless there is spring vs weight/rib friction issue. Shoot first question later. Lol

+1

If I cared enough to weigh the rounds, I'd probably care enough to buy the 300 specific mags. I've not personally had a problem with 300 in "normal" AR mags. I've got a couple of the magpul 300 mags just because. They feel like the do feed a little smoother but that's only in comparison to the other beat up range mags that I usually drag with me.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1

If I cared enough to weigh the rounds, I'd probably care enough to buy the 300 specific mags. I've not personally had a problem with 300 in "normal" AR mags. I've got a couple of the magpul 300 mags just because. They feel like the do feed a little smoother but that's only in comparison to the other beat up range mags that I usually drag with me.
    These normal AR mag are the normal metal ones?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I asked about the j&e machine mags in another thread. They have 10 round for buy one get one free. I'd like to try some of they are reliable with 300. Seems like a good deal

Top Bottom