Patriot Mobile

What jams a Glock? We can now say a contact shot on a bear.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great example why my hunting load is a 200gr. WFNGC from DT. And a full mag +1.
    Guy is lucky to be alive. During my time as a guide,I had to shoot two charging bear and one that had ahold of a not so smart bear dog. Two were with a Marlin 1895 shooting 405gr WFNGC. One was with a Benelli M1Super 90 shooting a Breneke 1oz slug. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great example why my hunting load is a 200gr. WFNGC from DT. And a full mag +1.
    Guy is lucky to be alive. During my time as a guide,I had to shoot two charging bear and one that had ahold of a not so smart bear dog. Two were with a Marlin 1895 shooting 405gr WFNGC. One was with a Benelli M1Super 90 shooting a Breneke 1oz slug. --- SAWMAN

Were the kills one shot?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Both of the shots with the Marlin 45-70 stopped the charge immediately. Bear were dead . . . just didn't know it. Both were hit again immediately. No "wait and sees" here. Dead !!
    The bear that I hit with the slug had been wounded with a bad shot from a 300Savage at close range by my sport. A fellow guide brought his dog and we cornered the bear in a cedar marsh. The slug killed him almost immediately. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If he was concerned about "spring set", he should have routinely tested his mags to see if it was even a problem with his mags. He cut himself short and luckly he didn't need the 3 or 5 cartridges that were not loaded. Mag springs are cheap, what's your life or a Clients worth?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A 10mm 175 @ 1083 is a fairly anemic load. More like a 40Short&Weak load.
    I bought a 10mm to carry and shoot max loaded 10mm loads. I bought a Glock to handle those loads. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I have a old friend that is an elk guide out west. He changed his Glock 20 spring to a 20lb spring. He super loads his ammo to unreal vels. He calls his ammo 10mm+P.
    The gun and a spare mag rides in his saddle bag in a shoulder holster. After they have an elk down he puts the holster on while processing the meat to be packed out. Then,all the way back to camp.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom