APOD Firearms

Will the pistol arm braces suffer the same fate as bump stocks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Ohio murderer used a pistol with drum mag and SB type brace. Gungrabbers have been targeting mags for a long time. Bump firing devices were used in one know mass shooting and got Federally Banned. The Dayton police chiefis raising a fuss about SBs even though he admits he doesn't know much about them but knows it changed the thing into a rifle.

Is DOJ going to jump on this "accessory" too? The DOJ lawyers will once again say the BATFE Technical Branch doesn’t know how to properly interpet gun laws that have been in use over 50 years, they will exceed their administrative authority and rewrite specific text from Congress and classify arm support braces on pistols as unregistered SBR while simultaneously closing NFA registration (because they are dangerous) like they did with auto sears. Ban, Remove, destroy, turn in of face the standard 10 years/$250K Fine.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I don't think they are in that great of detail. To someone that doesn't know guns it's a rifle regardless of stock or brace. I hope I'm right.
    Now I could see if this guy blazed the place with a pistol grip shotgun taking the name sawed off shotgun and then ultimately banning pistol grips on shotguns. That's the way they work. Dummies

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A ban could happen since it is reversing a previous ruling but there may be very strong grounds beyond the second amendment to fight it. The umbrella of federal law dealing with handicapped people may apply.
    Part of what could be changed is the legality of shouldering the arm brace.
    The danger of a rule change is there, but there may be legal basis to mount an effective challenge. Another important difference is that the established shooting community never really accepted bumpstocks and many clubs and ranges ban such types of fire.
    The armbrace and now the 14 inch pumpshotguns are becoming very much accepted. So bans are possible but will not as easy to do.
    The focus now seems to be federally recording of and ultimately control of private sales with these new background checks.
    For me, as long as I can have wheel guns, pump action shotguns, and lever guns I can defend myself.

I would get rid such guns prior to going SBR. If I wanted SBR weapons I would have already done so.
    There may be eventually come a time when americans may be forced to say no.

ATF-Says-Firing-AR-15-Pistol-SIG-Sauer-shoulder-brace.jpg

Attachments

• ATF-Says-Firing-AR-15-Pistol-SIG-Sauer-shoulder-brace.jpg
      ATF-Says-Firing-AR-15-Pistol-SIG-Sauer-shoulder-brace.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 225
    Last edited:

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They're gonna go for drums is my guess. I'd call it low hanging fruit. If Trump wins and it really is an "if" right now, they will make small "gains' on these latest tragedies (Remember, never let a crisis or tragedy go to waste). But if he loses, they are going all out this time, and if they don't win this time, they will almost certainly win in 2024 and possibly some in the mid term as well. Remember, they're in this for the long haul. They have most of the media and the education system. So as we die off and they "program" the mindless youth, it just a matter of time. Many will rail against this and that's fine but all one has to do is look at NY, Ill, Colorado and Cal to just name a few.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Seen a thing on the news Trump is going to ask nra for input on what can be done to make our laws better. I can let drums go, but that's not the end. Inch by inch they are comming.

Latest posts

Top Bottom