• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    SHTF scenario you can't have any AR, AK, HK, platforms, nothing that would resemble what the "Left" would call "Assault rifles" you are limited to wheel guns, bolt guns, lever action guns, pump shotguns, what would you have and why ?

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My shtf list is based on ammo availability and reliability.
    A quality .22lr rifle (mine is my Marlin model 60. 10/22 would be better, but I've had this one since I was a kid and I can shoot it very well). You can carry a thousand rounds of ammo in a cargo pocket. The .22 is a great survival gun. Great for small game and can kill larger game if you're at closer ranges and have good shot placement.
    A decent Shotgun. I have a Mossberg 500 but whatever you're most comfortable with. 12g is versatile and ammo should be easy to find.
    A 9mm handgun. It's not about what caliber is better, it's about abundance of ammo and in that regard 9mm is the kind. Most law enforcement and military sidearms are 9mm. It's cheap to train with, recoil is easily manageable (remember, the shtf situation might mean you're malnourished or otherwise unhealthy, so things like recoil can matter). My personal choice is the Beretta 92, because I shoot it well, it's durable, and I can do most of my own gunsmithing. A Glock or any of the wonder 9s would suffice, it's just a matter of preference.

I got rid of my AR's, but depending on the scenario, it might not be too difficult to get your hands on one. I'm just bored to tears with the platform. But, ammo and parts availability can't be beat in certain scenarios. A good hunting rifle would probably take my slot though over an AR or AK. I guess it depends on the actual shtf scenario.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    AR, AK, HK, wheel guns, bolt guns, lever action guns, pump shotguns, side by side shotguns, semi-automatic shotguns, belt-fed weapons, suppressed weapons, fully automatic weapons, black powder weapons, sling shots, bows, spears, axes, airguns, knives, sharp sticks, rocks, hydrochloric acid, poison ivy, frying pans, flame thrower, potato gun.

And I'd run with scissors, too.

Why? Because I don't care what some idiot considers an "assault rifle".

SHTF scenario: almost anything can be a weapon.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That's why he like the 92 over the Glock...it makes a better hammer when it is empty
    Not entirely untrue. Mostly it's just something I am better at shooting. My dad carried one as a cop, and we went to the range often growing up, then I carried one in the army. The one I own, a civilian M9A1, is accurate and reliable. A 1911, which he carried before his department went to the Beretta, is a better shooter, but in a shtf scenario, I want capacity

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom