• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    ATW: New to the AK-47 world, bought a M&M M10 AK-47 and took it out with my three Ar's and after shoulder surgery was worried the 7.62 would beat my arm up, but it actually was the same kick if not softer than all three of my AR's, why is that ?????

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One can more easily regulate the 'kick' of an AR with buffer wts and an adjustable gas port. To do the comparison the guns should be firing the same round and of the same wt. I have not done a comparison and probably should do that in 7.62x39. My AR is overgassed and has a three tungsten wts in a rifle buffer intended to slow down the bolt speed. The slower bolt speed gives better functioning with some magazines.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Lots of variables..... weight of the rifle, operating system, buffer weights, spring rates, gas port size, muzzle device, ammo....

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    M+M AK is the softest shooting Ak I have ever shot.

I believe the 7.62x39 has lower felt recoil despite having the heavier bullet because it is lower velocity, and in a platform that has a much heavier bolt and spring.

These three factors are key factors in the less felt recoil I think, and as mentioned before the M+M has less felt recoil that any AK or SKS I have ever shot in my opinion.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    M10x-Callout-3.jpg
    I see the M+M is not an AK47 and might very well be softer shooting. A basic AKM and also AK47 are overgassed on purpose.
    How this new gun works is unknown to me. I would not buy one until I was very convinced about it being a good to go gun.

Attachments

• M10x-Callout-3.jpg
      M10x-Callout-3.jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 477

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    View attachment 75759
    I see the M+M is not an AK47 and might very well be softer shooting. A basic AKM and also AK47 are overgassed on purpose.
    How this new gun works is unknown to me. I would not buy one until I was very convinced about it being a good to go gun.

Depends on the generation of the gun. The OP reference to the AK 47 lead me to believe he has one of the early guns like the one I bought. It was made in 2012 by M+M from Romanian parts with American parts to make it CR922 compliant. It is the most accurate AK I have ever owned.

M+M AKM 1 (1).jpg

M+M AKM 1 (2).jpg

Attachments

• M+M AKM 1 (1).jpg
      M+M AKM 1 (1).jpg
      487.6 KB · Views: 465
    • M+M AKM 1 (2).jpg
      M+M AKM 1 (2).jpg
      565.4 KB · Views: 464

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depends on the generation of the gun. The OP reference to the AK 47 lead me to believe he has one of the early guns like the one I bought. It was made in 2012 by M+M from Romanian parts with American parts to make it CR922 compliant. It is the most accurate AK I have ever owned.

View attachment 75760

View attachment 75761
    I have a WASR that seems to be close to 3 moa so at least some WASR barrels shoot. I think now days they need to also use USA made barrels.
    My WASR: It kicks just like any other AK.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To me my SKS and AK both kick harder than my AR. Not hard enough to keep me from shooting them, but harder. I also have rotator cuff tendinitis, so the kick just hurts more.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run Sig 556s which have a refined AK gas piston system. ARs predominately run gas impingement systems. Comparing the: Sig 556 (16.5 inch thin barrel) to a Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II.(20 inch HBAR), both in 5.56, not a hard recoiling cartridge and very close in rifle weight. Spec state the Sig 900 RPM and the Colt 800 RPM but I'm not confident in those numbers. The Sig feels like it cycles slower and softer but there is a distinct back-recoil and forth-battery rocking from recoil through mass of the bolt/piston cycling. Sounds terrible but the forward battery actually helps counters muzzle rise. IMHO.
    The Colt launches bullets at a higher velocity with the additional 3.5 inches of barrel. Still light recoil but faster cycling which I would discribe it as soft with crisp cycling. Battery lockup not as pronounced as on the Sig piston system which moving more weight/mass with sprung enertia.

My observations, yours may vary.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope. The SKS and AK are 7.62x39, the AR is 5.56.
    The cartridge is important. I once fired a 5.56 colt made AR and the recoil was literally almost nothing of that particular gun.
    One would think that the AR system with the buffer tube that in theory should help to mitigate felt recoil. The so called direct impingement system would normally run that system very fast without that buffer for FA fire.
    The gas system is really ( Eugene Stoner is commonly called a direct impingement system, but it does not utilize a conventional direct impingement system. In U.S. Patent 2,951,424, the designer states: ″This invention is a true expanding gas system instead of the conventional impinging gas system.″ [2] Gas is routed from a port in the barrel through a gas tube, directly to a chamber inside the bolt carrier. The bolt within the bolt carrier is fitted with piston rings to contain the gas. In effect, the bolt and carrier act as a gas piston and cylinder. )

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The cartridge is important. I once fired a 5.56 colt made AR and the recoil was literally almost nothing of that particular gun.
    One would think that the AR system with the buffer tube that in theory should help to mitigate felt recoil. The so called direct impingement system would normally run that system very fast without that buffer for FA fire.
    The gas system is really ( Eugene Stoner is commonly called a direct impingement system, but it does not utilize a conventional direct impingement system. In U.S. Patent 2,951,424, the designer states: ″This invention is a true expanding gas system instead of the conventional impinging gas system.″ [2] Gas is routed from a port in the barrel through a gas tube, directly to a chamber inside the bolt carrier. The bolt within the bolt carrier is fitted with piston rings to contain the gas. In effect, the bolt and carrier act as a gas piston and cylinder. )

In terms of felt "kick", my AK and SKS both kick harder than my AR.

Top Bottom