• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well just watched Chuck Schumer and Pete King live on TV asking for Mitch McConnel to bring in a session which they think will vote in favor to pass HR8, which means no more private sales of guns, things are getting real folks.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Let's see. As Patriotic, law-abiding Citizens, what are our options?

-vote for the lesser of available evils on a ballot
    -send an email/letter/tweet to elected officials to remind them of what we want and what is best for the Nation
    -schedule an appointment (or walk-in) and physically visit our representatives offices to speak with them in-person
    -call the representative's office
    -organize a protest with signs and bullhorns
    -contact a "lobby" group that might represent us in DC, such as GOA or the F'd-up NRA
    -complain on social media

What did I miss? Since the success of all of those options are dependent on HOPE that the representative will do what is right AND that other representatives will do the same, what are the options if they don't?

Probably not the kind of options that need to be listed on the interwebs...

The Second Amendment is simultaneously a fundamental individual right AND the fundamental defense against a tyrannical government.

Once viewed in that light, it's a wonder that ANY politician would EVER have support to dismantle it.
    It's also incredibly frustrating and disappointing that We The People must keep reminding them to back off.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe, [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT][SIZE=-1]101 Things to Do'Til the Revolution[/SIZE][/FONT]

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I never did hear where the shooters got their guns.
    Private sale or FFL?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I never did hear where the shooters got their guns.
    Private sale or FFL?

Up front: I can't answer your question specifically. I'm sure others can...

Personally, I don't think it matters as a pro or con when talking about HR8. Those who would argue that the "source" of the gun was a determinate of the crime are the same who think the gun is the evil in the first place. It is pointless to try and reason with those morons.

They can't see the truth in front of their faces: evil will find a way and criminals, By DEFINITION, will Not Obey the Law.

This HR8 is a path to registration, and that is a path to door-to-door tyranny.
    It will not stop mass killings by criminals. In fact, it could eventually lead to more mass killings, by a tyrannical government.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What is the most effective way to diversify your gun holdings so that you still have weapons after a false red flag charge, at least to protect yourself?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What is the most effective way to diversify your gun holdings so that you still have weapons after a false red flag charge, at least to protect yourself?

If HR8 paves the way to a registry list, it wouldn't matter much. They'd have a list of all weapons you bought after the law went into effect. Cross-reference with any weapons they find that "aren't" on that list, and you're instantaneously a criminal in possession of unregistered guns. Oh, those are grandfathered in? Ok, well, we'll just add them right now...

Hide 'em. Store 'em with family you trust. Of course, what if they get false-flagged, too? Or what if your "stash" of weapons is found? And, uh, why should this be something we even have to think about? Oh that's right. Knee-jerk legislation. There should be a damn "Waiting Period" after a tragedy/crime before lawmakers are allowed to introduce legislation, so they can chill the fuck out.

Yeah. Isn't it just the great that we, the law-abiding Patriots, the Veterans and first-responders, those who would be the LAST ones who society should fear... WE are trying to figure out ways to protect ourselves from an over-reaching and Unconstitutional arm of the government? WE are the ones trying to somehow protect the last shreds of defense against that kind of tyranny?

Personally, I respect my LEOs, especially the ones I've met face to face via this forum. But, I won't answer the door for them. They can thank these Unconstitutional laws for that. And I've said it before and I'll say it again:
    ANYONE who busts into my home is considered a criminal and a threat. I don't care what they're wearing or what they yell.

If true LEO, they can ring the doorbell, they have bullhorns, my phone number, squad cars with flashy lights, and they can authenticate when I call 911. I have ZERO reason for a no-knock warrant to be served on me or anyone who lives in my home.

So if they try it, it's obviously their mistake. Not my job to authenticate a bunch of home-invaders. It's THEIR job to get that shit correct and do it smart.

skipperbrown

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm afraid the sun is setting on the 2nd amendment. Society is fed up with crazies shooting them in nightclubs, schools, churches, concerts, and now our beloved Walmart. Society will force our legislators to do something. It will start with feel good laws like no more bump stocks, red flags laws and universal gun checks. Once society figures out none of those fixes work, it will cascade with bans on black guns, then all semi automatics, then handguns, and finally end with all guns being banned just like in the UK. It's just a matter of time now. The crazies have done us in. Society can't handle the responsibility of guns anymore. It makes me sick to think about, but I'm fed up with all these shootings too. Enjoy your guns while you can.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    That and the nra is in disarray, corrupt and bad people still there, they have no power left

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm afraid the sun is setting on the 2nd amendment. Society is fed up with crazies shooting them in nightclubs, schools, churches, concerts, and now our beloved Walmart. Society will force our legislators to do something. It will start with feel good laws like no more bump stocks, red flags laws and universal gun checks. Once society figures out none of those fixes work, it will cascade with bans on black guns, then all semi automatics, then handguns, and finally end with all guns being banned just like in the UK. It's just a matter of time now. The crazies have done us in. Society can't handle the responsibility of guns anymore. It makes me sick to think about, but I'm fed up with all these shootings too. Enjoy your guns while you can.

Thank you Susie Sunshine.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "Fed up with all these shootings"?

IMG_2791.PNG

Why? Because it's shoved in your face more than other "news". Because it's given hyper-media attention. Because the politicians can USE it for votes and influence and future bargaining power.

It's nothing new to this world. It's just reported more. With pictures. And VIDEO. 24/7... on every channel and webpage and email...

I WILL enjoy my guns. So will my descendants. Me, my family, my brothers and sisters in arms, and their families, and all of those who paved the way before us, all endured too many sacrifices to give it all up for a bunch of spineless weasels.

I don't care what they wear to work, or what language they speak, or what they look like: those who piss on the US Constitution are making it clear what side they are on.

Attachments

• IMG_2791.PNG
      IMG_2791.PNG
      88.1 KB · Views: 250

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, at least one governor says NO to this kind of legal BS:

IMG_2815.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2815.JPG
      IMG_2815.JPG
      257.4 KB · Views: 218

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let's see. As Patriotic, law-abiding Citizens, what are our options?

-vote for the lesser of available evils on a ballot
    -send an email/letter/tweet to elected officials to remind them of what we want and what is best for the Nation
    -schedule an appointment (or walk-in) and physically visit our representatives offices to speak with them in-person
    -call the representative's office
    -organize a protest with signs and bullhorns
    -contact a "lobby" group that might represent us in DC, such as GOA or the F'd-up NRA
    -complain on social media

What did I miss? Since the success of all of those options are dependent on HOPE that the representative will do what is right AND that other representatives will do the same, what are the options if they don't?

Probably not the kind of options that need to be listed on the interwebs...

The Second Amendment is simultaneously a fundamental individual right AND the fundamental defense against a tyrannical government.

Once viewed in that light, it's a wonder that ANY politician would EVER have support to dismantle it.
    It's also incredibly frustrating and disappointing that We The People must keep reminding them to back off.

What did I miss?

- Just give them what they currently want, maybe sacrifice a few things you don't personally care about, and then keep your head down until the next infringement(?)

Oh,

- Re-elect Trump or we'll lose our gun rights. Wait a minute..........

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    You give a cat a meal he's gonna want another one. We keep feeding them our rights and that's exactly what they will keep taking

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "maybe sacrifice a few things you don't personally care about"

That seems like a great thought but what I don't care about another person may hold passionate feelings about. And if we don't hold our ground on everything, or try at least, we'll all go down.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "maybe sacrifice a few things you don't personally care about"

That seems like a great thought but what I don't care about another person may hold passionate feelings about. And if we don't hold our ground on everything, or try at least, we'll all go down.

Sarcasm on my part; it's a gift. I must be getting rusty, so I'll try harder. :redface:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "Fed up with all these shootings"?

Why? Because it's shoved in your face more than other "news". Because it's given hyper-media attention. Because the politicians can USE it for votes and influence and future bargaining power.

You have to watch the news. LOL I hardy do that at all.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    True. It's an unfortunate situation: being informed these days means being disappointed, incredulous, and angry. It gets tricky to pick sources of information. I'm with you: I don't watch the "news" much anymore, either.

However, the alternative isn't acceptable. I never understood the "ostrich with its head in the ground" mentality. That just makes it harder to see the enemy approaching...

Top Bottom