• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    On 7/29 I ordered a Rock Island Armory / ARMSCOR 10mm double stack (16+1) 1911 online from Gun Pro.
    https://www.gunprodeals.com/product/rock-island-52009-rock-ultra-fshc-single-10mm-5-161-black-g10-grip-black-parkerized
    RIA 10mm.jpg
    Pistol quickly arrived at the local FFL (Thanks Nick) and it was covered, I mean covered in oil, so with my cursory inspection it looked fine. I got it home and began blotting the oil off, and once dry, the flat black Parkerizing showed numerous surface rubs, mars and scrapes, mostly on the slide...not pretty. I’ve always believed that the return of a firearm to the online seller would be difficult (or worse), once it has been transferred to the buyer at the FFL, so I contacted ARMSCOR.

I explained the situation and ARMSCOR quickly issued a return authorization, complete with paid shipping label. With less than a one week turn around, they replaced the pistol with a new one (I received it today). Since their warranty states that cosmetic issues are not covered, I appreciate the fact that they accepted my word that the new pistol arrived damaged, and they quickly made it right. I'm at a loss to understand how the first one got so banged up, but I'm happy to have received a no hassle replacement.

p.s. between emails with ARMSCOR, I emailed the seller, Gun Pro about it too. To my surprise, they told me they would take it back as well. I'd already received the RMA from ARMSCOR by that time so I went that route. Great service all around.

This has definitely reminded me of that which I already knew, but slipped up this time...inspect well before accepting. Anyway, it looks like a great pistol and I can't wait to put some rounds down range.

Attachments

• RIA 10mm.jpg
      RIA 10mm.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 190

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's always good to hear about good customer service, seems we get plenty of negative comments when everything isn't perfect but don't get to hear the positive stories nearly enough. I've only owned one RIA 1911, no complaints on it all. Enjoy your new 1911.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    How wide is the grip on that?

Not as wide or long/deep as I expected (feared). I was unable to find one locally to check the fit, so I took a chance. While the grip frame is fairly wide, it tapers into a flat front strap (making it feel smaller than expected), and the G10 grip panels are very thin, making the pistol surprisingly comfortable in my average-size hand. By comparison, it actually fits me better than my Glock 41 .45 ACP, on which the grip feels just a tad long/deep to me. (hope this makes sense)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Great to know about Armscor... I love there .22 Mag ammo. Cheap and works perfect in my two PMR 30's and the CMR 30.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom