• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    ...at 10AM Eastern time. Will he announce executive order(s) to further infringe on the 2nd Amendment in light of the recent shootings? What are your thoughts / expectations?

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I find it very unnerving given his likely hood to give in to demands of gun grabbers in order to appease them. Look what he did with the bump stocks and binary triggers. I am worried to see what is next.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Well, except for his support of the red flag laws, the speech didn't reveal much...but yes, what is next?

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Well, except for his support of the red flag laws, the speech didn't reveal much...but yes, what is next?
    I personally feel like the red flag laws will cause more harm than good. Anyone who has ever sought mental health treatment will be flagged which is bullshit

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I personally feel like the red flag laws will cause more harm than good. Anyone who has ever sought mental health treatment will be flagged which is bullshit

I strongly agree, and I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't important, but his red flag support was already known and no other actions were specifically stated.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Red flag sounds good but isn’t. I foresee lots more domestic violence as a result of false claims. The aforementioned “swatting” is another major weakness. At least he didn’t push HR8 which is a disaster.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I strongly agree, and I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't important, but his red flag support was already known and no other actions were specifically stated.
    You are right, I am listening to it now and he doesn't reveal anything. I did hear him say that he wants social media corporations to start helping flag people, meaning facebook and whatnot is gonna start sending posts to the DOJ? I guess I am gonna be deleting my social media. A lot of the shit my military friends and I talk about is messed up lol

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You are right, I am listening to it now and he doesn't reveal anything. I did hear him say that he wants social media corporations to start helping flag people, meaning facebook and whatnot is gonna start sending posts to the DOJ? I guess I am gonna be deleting my social media. A lot of the shit my military friends and I talk about is messed up lol
    I've already deleted my social media accounts, with the exception of Instagram. I hate everything it stands for, and hate how reliant we are on Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and apple products. I do still have a Google pixel, but that's the extent of my support. The hypocrisy of posting anti social media posts on said platforms defeats the purpose, imo though in today's world, it's needed to an extent.... unfortunately. The irony of specific crimes picked and targeted simply to support biased agendas by the media is sickening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    My "social media" participation consists of posting on this forum and the GunBroker forum...I don't do FB or whatever else is out there...never have.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The gub is threatening big tech with breakup in order to get them to cooperate even more than they have been. Chilling to free speech.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ok I am curious, I don't want ANY of my freedoms taken away, but the left is getting LOUD and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have said for many years now "We are one more mass shooting away from another "assault weapons ban" (yes I know an AR is not an assault weapon, but the left doesn't) and a hi-capacity mag ban, and here we are a BUNCH of mass shootings later, and it is not if a ban will happen but WHEN ! So my question is this we don't want them taking our weapons, we don't want them taking our mags, we don't want them going after anyone who has sought mental health help in the past, we don't want them monitoring our social media, so then WHAT IS THE SOLUTION ??????? I am pretty sure after Trumps speech today that he is trying to give the left something ANYTHING to keep them away from our guns and mags. Isn't there anything that we as law abiding gun owners would agree to that might stop these nut jobs from carrying out these mass shootings ? I have three AR's and one AK tons of ammo and many 30 round mags, and will only be buying more knowing that their demise is imminent, but we as a gun community need to be part of the solution and try and figure out ways to thwart these massacres. So what is the solution ??????

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    [video]https://youtu.be/8nPIT9UDOkY[/video]

Figure I would leave this here, just as bumpstocks soon comes the pistol brace. “High cap” mags and online orders. Sorry for the crappy video folks but I’m low tech and I recorded it with my phone from the tv.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ok I am curious, I don't want ANY of my freedoms taken away, but the left is getting LOUD and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have said for many years now "We are one more mass shooting away from another "assault weapons ban" (yes I know an AR is not an assault weapon, but the left doesn't) and a hi-capacity mag ban, and here we are a BUNCH of mass shootings later, and it is not if a ban will happen but WHEN ! So my question is this we don't want them taking our weapons, we don't want them taking our mags, we don't want them going after anyone who has sought mental health help in the past, we don't want them monitoring our social media, so then WHAT IS THE SOLUTION ??????? I am pretty sure after Trumps speech today that he is trying to give the left something ANYTHING to keep them away from our guns and mags. Isn't there anything that we as law abiding gun owners would agree to that might stop these nut jobs from carrying out these mass shootings ? I have three AR's and one AK tons of ammo and many 30 round mags, and will only be buying more knowing that their demise is imminent, but we as a gun community need to be part of the solution and try and figure out ways to thwart these massacres. So what is the solution ??????
    I agree...this is just going to deter people from seeking help they need out of fear of their rights to be stripped from them. As hard as it is to say, the only thing to do is to disregard unlawful legislation forced upon you and to have some people be the guinea pigs to establish case law to hopefully overturn said legislation. None of these people are true "gun guys" the Dayton shooter had a pos Anderson ar, with the cheapest drum mag he could find. They're assuming these are the representatives of the gun community, and using them to push anti gun legislation. To put it bluntly, the Vegas shooter would have likely taken more lives without the bumpstocks, and both the garlic festival, el Paso, and Dayton shooters would have done far more damage if they would have handled things more strategically and knew what they were doing instead of trying to play COD or GTA in real life. They're all pathetic and cowardly human beings, that we should not allow to represent the gun community. The problem is that the right wing conservatives hold no voice when it comes to social media and mass influence like the left has on pretty much every single media outlet, including YouTube, Facebook, Google, apple, Netflix, Hulu, and everything else. I can't even find a movie anymore that doesn't have some desperate attempt at a leftist agenda imbedded within. We have to step up our game on these platforms before anyone will actually hear us, and not get stuck in the "old ways" of simply casting our votes and staying quiet otherwise. Too many conservatives are older and refuse to raise their voices because they're too reliant and hopeful of things going back to "the good ol days." The right has been a sleeping giant for way too long, only casting votes when we feel that it matters. I despise social media, but it's already changed the world and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, although conservative viewpoints are quickly disappearing. I've deleted my old Facebook primarily due to the constant and blatant bias I witnessed on a daily basis, that would simply just piss me off. I tried changing my name on the platform, but was mandated to send a copy of my state ID before they would allow me to change it, though I see numerous names from certain people that are obviously not real, yet none of them are straight white males with occasional conservative viewpoints posted. I'm not a huge fan of Fox news, but there needs to be a fox news equivalent of Facebook where conservatives can network without fear of censorship. I've seen too many valid posts with true statistics that is removed by FB for violating their community terms. I still feel that an outright ban on certain firearms should wake up this sleeping giant; however, it may be too late by then. Regardless, there will be a point in the near future where blood is shed on both ends. It won't be pretty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Responsible gun ownership. Period.

That includes:

Carry as much as possible.
    Be smart about where you go and what you do.
    Encourage family and friends to do the same.
    Teach them, if you are able.
    Help them find appropriate training, as applicable.
    Be proficient with your carry items.
    Speak up when you hear someone spew ignorance about the 2A, the Constitution, or the Nation.
    Raise your kids right.
    Set a good example.
    And if God puts you in a spot to stop something evil, then exercise that judicious marksmanship and sleep well that night.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I do think we are going to have to "give" something BUT.... if we give an inch they WILL take a mile

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Here is my thing, the Dayton killer had been kicked out of high school for having a "Hit list" of students he wanted to kill and a "Rape list" of students he wanted to sexually assault, I AM SORRY if you are caught with something like that you should have your name in a data base to be flagged for the rest of your life to where you cant buy ANY weapon. That is something I have no problem giving the left.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Here is my thing, the Dayton killer had been kicked out of high school for having a "Hit list" of students he wanted to kill and a "Rape list" of students he wanted to sexually assault, I AM SORRY if you are caught with something like that you should have your name in a data base to be flagged for the rest of your life to where you cant buy ANY weapon. That is something I have no problem giving the left.

Yes I totally agree.... That right there should have been a huge red flag and they should have committed his ass

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the problem is that this could lead to witch hunts. There are those that advocate reporting to the police anyone that think presents a danger. We are very close to sliding down a long slope lines with broken glass to a terrible abyss.
    I am not be big into high capacity mags, but just ordered three 20 rounders today for a rifle. I like short 20 rounders over the 30's.
    My facebook is devoted to gardening and dogs. I do advocate death to all squirrels and maybe I will go down on someones list for lol.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Respectfully disagree. The hormone-driven angst of a high schooler is something that should pass. The handwritten lists of stupid are just as "bad" as journals of scribbles and dark doodle-images and goth poetry, etc. Meaning: they are KIDS, until they act like adults.

If you hold those under-18-authored lists, letters, rants as justification for lifelong punishment, then you become no better than those who would wish to censor free-speech or regulate who is allowed to own a gun based on some arbitrary metric.

No. We don't "need" to GIVE ANYTHING. It may seem like the easy thing to do, and maybe it is, but it accomplishes nothing positive.

These were criminals. They committed crimes. The only thing different is the debate over the tool/method they used. If there was someone who took a well-sharpened sword to a room packed full of people, the carnage would be just as bad, but would it result in a National Sword Ban?

No. These events, tin-foil hat origin theories aside, are excuses for a gun-control agenda. There is ZERO reason to give an inch towards the downfall of the Nation.

Gun-control laws, in all of their insidious forms, are more straws on the back of the proverbial Patriot's camel.

Edit to clarify: I disagree with the notion of punishing adults for something they wrote as a kid. I disagree that any form of gun-control should be a response to these events. I agree with Frommer that those policies would continue us further down a dangerous road...

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    the red flag laws are nothing more than a work around to destroy the 2nd amendment... how many conservatives or liberals will be targeted by anonymous calls, it is no good for anyone, lots worse than the facebook cops

Top Bottom