• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We carry two magazines fully loaded for the truck gun, and I carry two fully loaded magazines with my carry gun along with the wife. So at times there can be six fully loaded magazines in our truck.

Equating out to 48 rounds of 9mm and 24 rounds of 380. So 72 rounds total if I/we needed more or all of that, we shouldn't be carrying as we apparently can't hit anything anyways.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How does ammo hold up in the Florida heat? I've never considered till having on in the truck until a few months ago. Hate to think I'm preparing correctly and then get in a situation where the firearm won't fire.
    One should rotate the ammo out. Try to park in the shade when possible. I am not sure of the what schedule for that should be. I know from personal experience that many years of high temp storage will make the powder go bad. I am not sure how many months or weeks are ok. Some powders may be more stable than others.
    Good question.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    They can still your whole truck or car then what? Y’all thief or out looking to steal guns so why leave it or lock in your car or truck. When you can keep it on you or take with you?

I've got an idea!!!! Sell your truck because if you don't someone is going to steal it. Lmao. This is great comedy. Thank you

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got an idea!!!! Sell your truck because if you don't someone is going to steal it. Lmao. This is great comedy. Thank you

My truck doors don’t even lock. I don’t keep anything of value in it so I keep my valuables with me. So he he haha

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    My truck doors don’t even lock. I don’t keep anything of value in it so I keep my valuables with me. So he he haha

You are condoning theft! It's really ridiculous the content of your posts.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is obviously a disconnect on what differen folks think a Truck Gun (TG) should be and thats fine. However, those differences drive the viability of taking your prefered Truck Gun with you into every location where you stop. If your TG is also your CC gun no problem. If it's a seperate or larger gun: that may be a problem. In turn, if you leave your TG in the vehicle: its up to the individual to secure it as they see fit unless you live in a commiefornia type State that mandates vehicle security storage requirements. Folks can leave it in a glove box or in a well constructed and anchored lock box, it their business.

Yes, guns; among other things get stolen from vehicles, INCLUDING LE vehicles; both marked and unmarked, where vests, tactical guns and ammo get stolen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To the OP:

It depends on the kit requirements. One main focus is round count.

A couple examples:

Local travel/low threat:
    Conceal carrying G43 - three 6 round mags - 18 rounds on person. Truck gets G19 as backup with one G19 mag and two G17 mags - 49 rounds extra. 67 total.
    Conceal carrying G19 - one G19 mag, one G17 mag - 32 rounds on person. Truck gets 2 extra G17 mags - 34 rounds extra. 66 total.

Extended distance/higher threat:
    Conceal carrying G19 - 32 rounds on person. Truck gets AR variant (kit dependent) with 8 mags. One in the gun, two on the war belt or for pockets, and the rest in a backpack. The war belt also has two G17 mags - 240+34 rounds extra. 306 total.

Hope this helps.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some areas are subject to more social unrest/disturbance than others. It can be "Local" and have potential to be ugly too. Since I have never picked winning lottery numbers I run a standard Truck Gun Pkg.

It also interesting that a recent Conviction was based the on the guy knowing there was foreseeable trouble at the event AND that he took extra measures (extra magazines) in order to counter a potential threat that he inserted himself into. He got tagged on several Charges.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some areas are subject to more social unrest/disturbance than others. It can be "Local" and have potential to be ugly too. Since I have never picked winning lottery numbers I run a standard Truck Gun Pkg.

It also interesting that a recent Conviction was based the on the guy knowing there was foreseeable trouble at the event AND that he took extra measures (extra magazines) in order to counter a potential threat that he inserted himself into. He got tagged on several Charges.
    Under stand your ground, if he had a right to be there and was not involved in illegal activity all should be good for him. But of course none of this will stop a zealous prosecutor.
    This is on going as we speak
    Jury Selection Begins in Florida Parking Lot Shooting Case
    A jury is being selected in the manslaughter trial of a Florida man who fatally shot an unarmed black man during an argument over a handicapped parking space.
    By Associated Press, Wire Service Content Aug. 19, 2019, at 5:36 p.m.
    More
    U.S. News & World Report

Jury Selection Begins in Florida Parking Lot Shooting Case
    More

CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) — No one disputes that Michael Drejka fatally shot Markeis McGlockton 13 months ago in a fight that began over a handicapped parking space — it's on video seen worldwide.

The fight at his manslaughter trial, which began Monday, will hinge on whether jurors determine Drejka pulled the trigger justifiably after McGlockton knocked him to the ground in July 2018, putting him in fear for his life, or instigated the fight by cursing at McGlockton's girlfriend, causing an unarmed McGlockton to come to her aid. There is also a question of whether Drejka should have realized before he fired that McGlockton was backing away.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Under stand your ground, if he had a right to be there and was not involved in illegal activity all should be good for him. But of course none of this will stop a zealous prosecutor.
    This is on going as we speak

Well, as I stated he was convicted. Similar to your house and property during a fire but you are forced to keep out/back. "Right to be there and legal intent (questionable)" does not create imunity for actions of deliberate planning (for known potential adverse encounter), equipping yourself for a higher threat encounter and then inserting yourself into the higher threat situation. This goes to premeditation and initiation of the encounter. This is no differen than a guy who has escalating hostile encounters with his neighbor. He then loads a handgun and conceals it on his body, goes and starts an arguement with the neighbor. He the provokes a physical altercation where neighbor throws the first punch then he shoots him. Motive, prep, inserts himself and instigates conflict then shoots. This is homicide not self defense.

In regard to the idiot with the handicap parking spot shooting, we have a Thread on that one and I don't think it will end well for the shooter.

Top Bottom