• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guy just a quick question? How many magazines do y’all carry with your truck gun?

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry one in it, and one spare. Might sound sad but our truck gun is a "Sacrificial" gun, we bought a SCCY CPX-2 a few years back and hated it. So we keep it in the truck now, and if it gets messed up no love loss there.

My CCW same thing one in it and one spare.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Ar pistol in 300blkout I have two mags. But I was thinking I need two more.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Truck gun is different things to different people. Your in AL so the Laws may be different. FL allows having a loaded "handgun" (without any form of Permit) as long as it is snapped in a holster or "encased". My Truck gun is a 5.56 (non buffer) pistol in a SMG Case. It is stored in Long Gun Condition 3 (Saftey OFF, Hammer down, Mag inserted), seven 30 round mags in all, plus X2 mags for my CC.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m going to get two more 30 rounds mags and I carry a g17 with one spare mag when it get cold I will carry two mags.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    MP5 SD / MP5 K some semtex and 5k rds of ammo... Oh maybe that's a little over kill. :) caps also. (one is none two is one)

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way things are today...ain't much I'd leave in a truck...even a hi-point.
    Although there are some really nice CC options available nowadays...
    some trucks have in-cab secure storage, or have compartments in the floorboard for fast access that can be beefed up for temp storage...there's a few companies making vault doors for those compartments and making a mint while they're at it.

Dodge is offering the truck bed storage...but dang if I'd want to keep anything in it except to the range/hunting camp and back with no stops.

Used to be those diamond plate truck boxes were decent, but now folks will pop 'em just to see if you've got a gun in there...or anything else they can sell for a crackrock at a pawn shop.

So for me, the day of the Truck Gun is done...carry in, carry out.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The way things are today...ain't much I'd leave in a truck...even a hi-point.
    Although there are some really nice CC options available nowadays...
    some trucks have in-cab secure storage, or have compartments in the floorboard for fast access that can be beefed up for temp storage...there's a few companies making vault doors for those compartments and making a mint while they're at it.

Dodge is offering the truck bed storage...but dang if I'd want to keep anything in it except to the range/hunting camp and back with no stops.

Used to be those diamond plate truck boxes were decent, but now folks will pop 'em just to see if you've got a gun in there...or anything else they can sell for a crackrock at a pawn shop.

So for me, the day of the Truck Gun is done...carry in, carry out.

Minds is small enuff to fit in a book bag and it will go with me everywhere. I won’t leave it in no vehicle.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The SCCY in the glovebox has a trigger lock on it when we are not using the Expedition. When we go somewhere we take the lock off of it. Not saying a trigger lock isn't unbreakable, but it's sort of a deterrent, plus keeping the truck locked and the alarm armed helps also. Evident from these screen captures, taken this past April, from our home security cameras. Our truck wasn't broken into, but several others were.

20190508_181032.jpg

20190508_181033.jpg

Attachments

• 20190508_181032.jpg
      20190508_181032.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 441
    • 20190508_181033.jpg
      20190508_181033.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 438
    Last edited:

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    C6C2EAD7-4223-415E-9172-1F4DFD4382D5.jpg this my truck gun.

Attachments

• C6C2EAD7-4223-415E-9172-1F4DFD4382D5.jpg
      C6C2EAD7-4223-415E-9172-1F4DFD4382D5.jpg
      292.7 KB · Views: 432

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see little reason for a truck gun relative to self defense. If I can get to my truck I most likely can leave the area. As already mentioned anything left in a vehicle is subject to being stolen.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I see little reason for a truck gun relative to self defense. If I can get to my truck I most likely can leave the area. As already mentioned anything left in a vehicle is subject to being stolen.

Well if someone leave there gun in their vehicle it need to be taken. But can see a lot of good reasons to have one.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Truck Gun Pkg is cased and goes in and out of the house with me. I secure it in the vehicle (not counting door locks), when I leave it unattended and re-case it before I drive. I'm all for avoidence but sometimes its out of your hands. Riots, Protests, what if Antifa starts using Flash Mob tactics? Hell, just a major power outage can inspire the BGs to act out or worse. Preparation is relatively cheap. Personal security is priceless. Different strokes, for different folks.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My idea for a truck gun is a gun for shooting trucks; like there are elephant guns, duck guns, quail guns etc. If our neighborhood ever needed to block up our street, a heavy 30 cal rifle would be a decent truck gun. If there is a mass shooting, you do not want to be seen with a shoulder arm and better yet any gun in plain sight. A handgun can be readily concealed and still be very quickly ready for self defense.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Truck Gun Pkg is cased and goes in and out of the house with me. I secure it in the vehicle (not counting door locks), when I leave it unattended and re-case it before I drive. I'm all for avoidence but sometimes its out of your hands. Riots, Protests, what if Antifa starts using Flash Mob tactics? Hell, just a major power outage can inspire the BGs to act out or worse. Preparation is relatively cheap. Personal security is priceless. Different strokes, for different folks.
    Amen to that brother. I’m more scared of zombies becoming real everyday I some people doing some weird thing that are on drugs.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1993, Paki terrorist gets out of car and starts shooting people stopped traffic in the two Left turn lanes to Langley. During his confession he said he stopped shooting because he ran out of targets then drove away.

Would handgun skill overcome superior firepower? I'd rather hedge my bet: Truck gun.

We covered mass shootin intervention Pros/Cons, civ attire with exposed gun and potential to engage wrong person or being engaged by LE. Its a real Furball.

I keep a Truck Gun to provide a higher defensive capability when mobile and worse case if I'm forced to use black cadillacs because SHTF. In this case a 30-40 minute drive is now hours/days travel on foot and that drives the need for a platform with extended reach, better firing stability and a full combat load in a grab and go package. I'm considering adding a unattached QD Thermal into the Pkg as safest travel would be in the dark. Some say use your handgun to fight your way to your Truck Gun. Its a bad day if you need to do that but much better than not having one to go to if you need it. Don't we usually pack for the unexpected when going off on long hunts or camping? Same here but urban survival.

Feel free to laff at my loadout and I'll snicker at your LCR and loading strip. We only need to satisfy ourselves.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1993, Paki terrorist gets out of car and starts shooting people stopped traffic in the two Left turn lanes to Langley. During his confession he said he stopped shooting because he ran out of targets then drove away.

Would handgun skill overcome superior firepower? I'd rather hedge my bet: Truck gun.

We covered mass shootin intervention Pros/Cons, civ attire with exposed gun and potential to engage wrong person or being engaged by LE. Its a real Furball.

I keep a Truck Gun to provide a higher defensive capability when mobile and worse case if I'm forced to use black cadillacs because SHTF. In this case a 30-40 minute drive is now hours/days travel on foot and that drives the need for a platform with extended reach, better firing stability and a full combat load in a grab and go package. I'm considering adding a unattached QD Thermal into the Pkg as safest travel would be in the dark. Some say use your handgun to fight your way to your Truck Gun. Its a bad day if you need to do that but much better than not having one to go to if you need it. Don't we usually pack for the unexpected when going off on long hunts or camping? Same here but urban survival.

Feel free to laff at my loadout and I'll snicker at your LCR and loading strip. We only need to satisfy ourselves.
    Amen well said. Cause the way the world is going these days we need to be prepared for anything.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

One can always make a scenario to justify most guns. The most essential thing is to have a gun that you are effective with on your person. I admit that a short barrel shoulder arm fully loaded on the seat next to you would be a good thing to have in any gunfight. Not so useful if in the trunk or in a case and not fully loaded
    I guess some gunfights could take place someone firing a rifle at people passing a checkpoint. If you are in your car when a gun fight breaks out and you might be able to get out of your car or maybe shoot from windows of it to bring down an evil doer.
    That is not what most often happens.
    My suggestion is put an RMR on your pistol and learn how to hit with it. Learn how to maneuver using cover/concealment. Learn about fighting about and under a car.
    If you can make it to your car and it is safe to do so get as far away from the danger as possible unless you want to be a hero.
    If you get out of the car with the shoulder arm make sure you are not seen by law enforcement with it. If so seen you will likely be fired upon.
    One thing that I need to do is to practice shooting from a car while it is moving. I may be able to do it safely with air soft. Do any of your train to shoot from a car while driving it. If so what techniques do you use and what sort of firearms.

Top Bottom