• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One can always make a scenario to justify most guns. The most essential thing is to have a gun that you are effective with on your person. I admit that a short barrel shoulder arm fully loaded on the seat next to you would be a good thing to have in any gunfight. Not so useful if in the trunk or in a case and not fully loaded
    I guess some gunfights could take place someone firing a rifle at people passing a checkpoint. If you are in your car when a gun fight breaks out and you might be able to get out of your car or maybe shoot from windows of it to bring down an evil doer.
    That is not what most often happens.
    My suggestion is put an RMR on your pistol and learn how to hit with it. Learn how to maneuver using cover/concealment. Learn about fighting about and under a car.
    If you can make it to your car and it is safe to do so get as far away from the danger as possible unless you want to be a hero.
    If you get out of the car with the shoulder arm make sure you are not seen by law enforcement with it. If so seen you will likely be fired upon.
    One thing that I need to do is to practice shooting from a car while it is moving. I may be able to do it safely with air soft. Do any of your train to shoot from a car while driving it. If so what techniques do you use and what sort of firearms.
    I see this thread went side ways long time ago. I just ask a simple opinion but I got the answer I was looking for. So y’all can close this one. Thank for the answers on the question.

J.Caliente

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an FX9 (9mm AR15) that I keep in truck with 4 30rd mags. I also conceal a g19 and it uses same mags. so all in all im good to go.

side note I keep the FX9 under the backseat in a fingerprint vault that I mounted myself. and mags are molli pouches atattached to my roof panal.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Well if someone leave there gun in their vehicle it need to be taken. But can see a lot of good reasons to have one.

Why would my gun need to be stolen if I left it in my truck? I'm committing no crime. No different if someone broke in my truck and took any item. Even a napkin. A thief is a piece of shit regardless of monitory value or importance

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well if someone leave there gun in their vehicle it need to be taken. But can see a lot of good reasons to have one.
    Thanks for providing one of the dumbest things I've read today. Not to feet though, there is still time for someone to beat you.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why would my gun need to be stolen if I left it in my truck? I'm committing no crime. No different if someone broke in my truck and took any item. Even a napkin. A thief is a piece of shit regardless of monitory value or importance
    Your car or truck is not a holster or gun safe.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your car or truck is not a holster or gun safe.
    I bet you also blame rape victims for their clothes don't you.
    Saying they deserve to be stolen is just stupid of epic proportions.
    So I should have to go unarmed all day if I have.to stop at the courthouse, post office or other prohibited place on my way home from work. Great logic.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i'm a bit paranoid i guess... carry a g48 with 2 mags, 2 more in center console, AR pistol with 4 mags coupled. 1st is hollows, other 3 reloads are xm855. the AR pistol goes with anytime we travel, or i have my kids along. not so worried about me (old and wore out, just about useless according to my wifes friends) but my wife and kids mean everything to me, and i will do what i have to to protect them...

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And it's your job to make sure it gets stolen? It's in my truck. Shouldn't even have to be locked......but it is. You're some kinda special
    It meant to have on you to protect yourself. Not to be in your truck locked up with the loose change.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    It meant to have on you to protect yourself. Not to be in your truck locked up with the loose change.

How bout when it's locked in my vehicle it's secured? I can leave a million bucks or nucular sequence codes in it if I want. People need to leave others items alone.......hate a thief! I guess just call the cops and have me arrested if it's illegal to lock personal belongings in my own property........

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the people who answered the question right.
    Right according to who? You??
    The right answer is stop a thief not empathize with them and victim blame.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the people who answered the question right.
    Here is the answer you were looking for. For a stationary weapon that you will retrieve you want to have some sort of portable portable bag that has a shoulder strap that has the ammo, a trauma kit, and what ever else you think you need. The limit to the ammo and other things is the wt and bulk that you want to deal with. As long as it does not encumber you, the more ammo the better. If stealth is needed then just stick an extra mag in your back pocket and wear a jacket to cover the gun.
    Photo example below, but get it without the camo coloring. You want to be grey.
    40011-5front_350x350 active shooter bag..jpg

Attachments

• 40011-5front_350x350 active shooter bag..jpg
      40011-5front_350x350 active shooter bag..jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 209

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    How does ammo hold up in the Florida heat? I've never considered till having on in the truck until a few months ago. Hate to think I'm preparing correctly and then get in a situation where the firearm won't fire.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How bout when it's locked in my vehicle it's secured? I can leave a million bucks or nucular sequence codes in it if I want. People need to leave others items alone.......hate a thief! I guess just call the cops and have me arrested if it's illegal to lock personal belongings in my own property........

They can still your whole truck or car then what? Y’all thief or out looking to steal guns so why leave it or lock in your car or truck. When you can keep it on you or take with you?

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right according to who? You??
    The right answer is stop a thief not empathize with them and victim blame.

???????? Truck gun hey guys quick question? How many magazines do y’all carry with your truck gun???????

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom