• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well this is refreshing to see, I wish her the utmost success.

Moody wrote that the proposed amendment would “ban the possession of virtually every semi-automatic long-gun. To be included on the ballot, the sprawling practical effect of the amendment must be revealed in the ballot language. Because that effect is not revealed, the ballot language is deficient.”

“Moreover, the ballot title and summary do not inform Florida’s electorate that virtually every lawful owner of a semi-automatic long-gun will be forced to register with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, or that this registry would be available to all local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies”...

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20190729/florida-ag-seeks-to-block-assault-weapons-measure

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am so pleased about that article and ms moody. She has my vote forever.

She raised the point of exactly what is wrong with the bill in that it does not inform people of what it actually will do.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I read the article in the PNJ today. I'm worried about the southern part of our state and this constitutional amendment stuff. There are too many progressives that now inhabit our state. Pretty soon with their sheer mass of numbers they are going to get anti gun amendments on the ballot and passed.

The PNG article also stated that there would be a "grandfather" clause in the amendment that would cover long guns. Catch is that it requires registration of the guns. Hmmmm, one of the libs goals: REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read the article in the PNJ today. I'm worried about the southern part of our state and this constitutional amendment stuff. There are too many progressives that now inhabit our state. Pretty soon with their sheer mass of numbers they are going to get anti gun amendments on the ballot and passed.

The PNG article also stated that there would be a "grandfather" clause in the amendment that would cover long guns. Catch is that it requires registration of the guns. Hmmmm, one of the libs goals: REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS!
    Since it includes grandpa's 70 year old stevens .22 that is sitting in the closet may will not imagine that is is now an illegal assault weapon because no one knew that that they had to register it. At one time many .22 rifles had no serial numbers. It will be a royal headache to register those old guns.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Another article in the PNJ today about this. Now their going to do an "economic analysis" about the proposed ban. Let me guess about the libs response. "No amount of money can justify on person's life".

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Since it includes grandpa's 70 year old stevens .22 that is sitting in the closet may will not imagine that is is now an illegal assault weapon because no one knew that that they had to register it. At one time many .22 rifles had no serial numbers. It will be a royal headache to register those old guns.

I believe it would also include my Remington Nylon 66 .22, made in 1959 with no serial number. I hope this insanity is stopped in time.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Considering a registry is unconstitutional, they'll have to wait until they kill me to get the serial numbers from my guns. Fuck their legislature. I'm an American citizen with constitutionally protected rights. I will not fold or bow to their demands. Somebody has to make a stand. I will be in noncompliance until the day I die. It's blatantly obvious that the ballot box and soap box haven't worked. Only other recourse is the ammo box.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another article in the PNJ today about this. Now their going to do an "economic analysis" about the proposed ban. Let me guess about the libs response. "No amount of money can justify on person's life".
    Typically, these amendments mention of economic impact is to the effect that while procedures and personnel will be needed to manage the registration and enforcement, the exact economic impact cannot be determined.

The last count that I heard was that just under 100k signatures had been collected. I believe the requirements are a little more than 750k. They have a ways to go.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Typically, these amendments mention of economic impact is to the effect that while procedures and personnel will be needed to manage the registration and enforcement, the exact economic impact cannot be determined.

The last count that I heard was that just under 100k signatures had been collected. I believe the requirements are a little more than 750k. They have a ways to go.

As I understand it the new law will make it harder to get the signatures since they will be forced to do it with FL money and using people from florida to get the signatures.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are several new requirements as part of the new legislation. Unfortunately, some of those requirements place an additional burden on the county elections offices.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I wonder if they're factoring in the cost of LEO and civilian lifes and lawsuits. If these legislators want to ban certain guns, then they need to be doing the door to door searches and confiscations. It's funny that they're willing to enact these laws, yet they rely on ARMED men to enforce them while they cower away in their gated communities protected by ARMED security. Guns for me but not for thee. As far as I'm concerned, ANY gun laws are unconstitutional. We've played nice long enough. This shit is going to come to an abrupt end real damn soon. Let them enact a ban on semi auto weapons. They will get around 0.5% compliance. Other than that, come and take them. I dare you.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if they're factoring in the cost of LEO and civilian lifes and lawsuits. If these legislators want to ban certain guns, then they need to be doing the door to door searches and confiscations. It's funny that they're willing to enact these laws, yet they rely on ARMED men to enforce them while they cower away in their gated communities protected by ARMED security. Guns for me but not for thee. As far as I'm concerned, ANY gun laws are unconstitutional. We've played nice long enough. This shit is going to come to an abrupt end real damn soon. Let them enact a ban on semi auto weapons. They will get around 0.5% compliance. Other than that, come and take them. I dare you.
    I know of no door to door searches in any place to enforce gun bans. In new york and other places if they know of registered guns or perhaps someone whose firearms license has expired then polices raids can happen. But going block by block to do searches not likely happening unless something really bad goes down.
    First thing a general search is illegal except under martial law. If there are still civil law suing then mass searches are unlikely.
    We've played nice long enough
    You can go first lol.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The only way to stop this foolishness is for us all to get out and vote when the time comes. If not, this state will turn into another California. Seems like all the Democrats are moving to Florida in record numbers and bringing their stupid ideas with them. Middle Florida and down are mostly Democrats. We need to stand up to them at the ballot boxes before its to late. I still can't believe that Florida is still not a open carry state. Only 5 states do not allow open carry and Florida has to be one of them. Sad.... You've got the Democrats moving here from other states that do not allow open carry to thank for that. I doubt Florida will ever allow open carry and that's sad.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I know of no door to door searches in any place to enforce gun bans. In new york and other places if they know of registered guns or perhaps someone whose firearms license has expired then polices raids can happen. But going block by block to do searches not likely happening unless something really bad goes down.
    First thing a general search is illegal except under martial law. If there are still civil law suing then mass searches are unlikely.
    You can go first lol.

Why wouldn't they be going door to door? They're already conducting no knock raids and getting people killed with these red flag laws that are unconstitutional as hell. No due process, just kick in your door and steal your guns. I don't trust the government or their jack boot thugs as far as I can throw them. It's a damn shame.

kidsoncoffee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The only way to stop this foolishness is for us all to get out and vote when the time comes. If not, this state will turn into another California. Seems like all the Democrats are moving to Florida in record numbers and bringing their stupid ideas with them. Middle Florida and down are mostly Democrats. We need to stand up to them at the ballot boxes before its to late. I still can't believe that Florida is still not a open carry state. Only 5 states do not allow open carry and Florida has to be one of them. Sad.... You've got the Democrats moving here from other states that do not allow open carry to thank for that. I doubt Florida will ever allow open carry and that's sad.

That ballot box hasn't worked in decades. If you think your vote counts, then I'm sorry. The politicians you see in office are there for a reason and that's because their overlords, the rich, wanted them there.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not in favor of any constitutional amendments, period. That's just a means of legally deviating from the foundation of all laws. Some things should not be changed.

Top Bottom