• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just type the following into your favorite search engine:

gilroy garlic festival shooting

Food festival in Kommifornia. Backpacks checked. Metal detectors. Fences.

Gunman snuck in through a field/creek, and cut a fence or something. Apparently random "targeting"; sweeping fire. Police responded and shot and killed the gunman. Manhunt still on-going for a possible accomplice.

Gun-free zone, so everybody just ran or hid. He had time to reload at least once. Witnesses said he was very calm and quiet. So far, 3 dead, and over a dozen injured.

Standard blame game and rhetoric...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another P.O.S. Loser that decided to violently vent his failings on innocents. There will be the illogical placing blame on the tool used instead of sole responsibility of the criminal.

Another example of physical and facility security inadequacies. State/local Govs are dumping millions into school security enhancements but their anti gun mentality restricts the application of the only thing that will deter, limit and end these mass murder events: Only Use of Force ultimately stops these scumbags. The murderer could have done the same thing at a "hardened school": cut a fence, break a window. He just chose differently.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've noticed most of these nut jobs use rifles and we CC pistols. Not much of a deterrent to these people. I have no idea what the answer to this problem would be.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Another P.O.S. Loser that decided to violently vent his failings on innocents. There will be the illogical placing blame on the tool used instead of sole responsibility of the criminal.

Another example of physical and facility security inadequacies. State/local Govs are dumping millions into school security enhancements but their anti gun mentality restricts the application of the only thing that will deter, limit and end these mass murder events: Only Use of Force ultimately stops these scumbags. The murderer could have done the same thing at a "hardened school": cut a fence, break a window. He just chose differently.

banning guns will work. we must enact this common sense law now, just like the 8 killed in nyc by the home depot truck that scumbag muslem rented, you don't see those trucks on the road anywhere..

uh, wait, no that's not right, they are everywhere, nobody banned them...cause it don't work banning the tool, we should ban muslems instead

this clown called himself an Iranian Italian from what I heard...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The event used metal detectors and security to makes sure that those entering were disarmed. The killer(s) entered by cutting through the fence. Uniformed off duty LEO responded with in 60 seconds killing someone with an AK that appears to be a racist nut case.
    Pistols if one had them set up with RMR and a perhaps little trigger work maybe, makes it possible at closer ranges of say up to 50 yards or more to engage a rifle equipped foe. You want to use cover and ambush if possible.
    A big downside is getting killed by responding LEOs.
    2-600x400RMR Pistol.jpg

Attachments

• 2-600x400RMR Pistol.jpg
      2-600x400RMR Pistol.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 280

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    LE used handguns to kill the murderer with an AK (reported). No details on how many cops fired at the BG nor number of rounds fired. Hopefully, all the GSWs will track back to the BG and not Officers. For CC, we have the primary mission of protecting ourselves and loved ones. If your a WITNESS to evil deeds, have adequate means and skill to attempt intervention that's an on the spot call only you can make.

We ofter worry about the possibility of LE shooting a good guy with a gun (GGG). Same goes for one GGG shooting a plain cloths/off-duty cop or another GGG.

We have also seen a buying shift to small single stack handguns. Either there is a large Ladies Army forming or Mfrs are selling them to intended CCers. Even if we say each has an extra mag to fit the small gun: the package is not offensively optimal. People are internally hardwired differently, most know their direction. If you're prone to go in, you might want your CC minimum; to be up to the task.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've noticed most of these nut jobs use rifles and we CC pistols. Not much of a deterrent to these people. I have no idea what the answer to this problem would be.
    Bring back the crazy hospital. And get rid of gun free zones.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    . . . . . "I only have a pistol" . . . . .???
    Do you think that you can hit a human with your carry pistol at 50yds ?? ---- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you think that you can hit a human with your carry pistol at 50yds ?? ---- SAWMAN

Hell no Sawman, I won't hit a person at 50 yards with my Walther unless I'm real lucky or he's real unlucky. I guess my post wasn't very clear as to my thoughts but I always figured that I'd be confronted by somebody with a knife or gun at close range and I'd have a chance. I never really thought about the possibility of being fired upon by somebody with a rifle from a range I can't fight back from. Don't know why I never thought of it as a possibility but I haven't. I guess because it so rarely happens. I can't carry a rifle everywhere I go so I was mystified as to the correct course of action. Duck and run was the only thing I could think of.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

It's why I cc & hunt with a 10mm pistol, Bambi drops at 100 the same as 25.
    What it'll do to a deer it'll do to a bad guy....
    altho I'd probably fly a few more than one towards the bad guy.
    Find cover, return fire, then bounding overwatch with my best battle buddy :)

Those who have seen me at ERML/SRSC practicing at 75-125 on the rifle range before every hunting season know I can hit with the G20sf at those ranges, now I've gotta practice with the Tanfoglio Witness 10mm that replaced it.

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's why I cc & hunt with a 10mm pistol, Bambi drops at 100 the same as 25.
    What it'll do to a deer it'll do to a bad guy....
    altho I'd probably fly a few more than one towards the bad guy.
    Find cover, return fire, then bounding overwatch with my best battle buddy :)

Those who have seen me at ERML/SRSC practicing at 75-125 on the rifle range before every hunting season know I can hit with the G20sf at those ranges, now I've gotta practice with the Tanfoglio Witness 10mm that replaced it.

I have to admire you guys that can fire a pistol that well. I can't!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to admire you guys that can fire a pistol that well. I can't!
    Practice and competing will help. Thursday morning at 9:30 AM there is a bullseye match at the PRPC. Not the same as combat shooting, but one does learn the basics of shooting a pistol one handed while standing at 25 and 50 yards.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The good news - - -> The guy with the rifle might be a shitty shot. He might not be as good of shot with his rifle as you are with your pistol. To your advantage,he might just be spraying. He also might have never been shot at before except in video games. Several rounds coming his way he just might be doing more ducking than shooting.
    He also might have a lot less resolve to shoot up the place than you do to protect yourself and family.
    The bad news - - -> He might have plenty of ammo and be familiar with the location. He might be on drugs or genuinely not care or want to/be ready to die. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Big Shrek is making me feel bad for not picking up a Glock40/RMR to use for stand hog/deer instead of my old 20. Still could I guess (??) . . .

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The shooter used an "AK-47 style" rifle, and it was probably a WASR-10 from a gun store in Nevada.
    Standard libtard anti-2A "logic" spewed on the usual "news" outlets blames the gun laws in Nevada... instead of the shooter.

I blame the shooter. Period.
    It was good luck there were so many LEO's available on-site AND that they ran to help so quickly (instead of waiting nearby like we've seen all to often in other events).

However, between the uniformed cops a minute away or the unaware targets within a few yards:
    1) who do you think is more motivated to respond to the gunfire, and
    2) who is better positioned to respond?

The answer is the same: the "targets". Now imagine one of those targets is your kid, and you are right there, too. There is no true cover, only partial concealment. Kinda wishing you had a gun to return fire, huh? Laws and rules and proper decorum all become meaningless when your life or your family's lives are in immediate danger.

Two kids got killed. Three total, plus over a dozen injured. He had time to reload.

Evil exists. Why are people content to hand over their mortal protection to LEO and Unconstitutional laws?
    It's not a COINCIDENCE that these shootings occur in "gun-free" zones.

Even with a police presence on-site, the shooter was still able to cause a lot of damage. The first few people shot saw him come out of the woods or over/through the fence. They yelled at him "hey you can't do that!" Guess who he shot first? How long do you think it was before they saw a rifle in his arms? Do you think they watched him aim it them? What would you have done in that situation? Remember: you're in an open field area, and the nearest concealment is a tent; no real cover. A tent that has your kids in it.

Again, I blame the shooter. Period.

But there is a lot to debrief and lessons to be learned from these events.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dems were on the guns last night during the debate... their answer is go get 'em..... mayor Pete said, there is no reason what so ever to have a weapon like he carried while in the war.... sad these things happen. bless the families.

2 cents...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There may have been a horrible motivation to this madness. Out of those killed, he did not manage to kill any whites and this suggests he was concentrating his fire on minorities.
    Whites were among the wounded, but not the dead.
    shooting-victims-1564452340 Victims garlic festival.jpg

shooting-victims-1564452340.jpg

Attachments

• shooting-victims-1564452340 Victims garlic festival.jpg
      shooting-victims-1564452340 Victims garlic festival.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Whites not being among the dead" is just the random result of his crime. White victim's could have bleed out. There are mentions of neo-nazi, hated the Garlic Festival (a block from his house), antisemitic, didn't like mixed race nor White Silicon Vally. A 19YO shit sandwich.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Practice and competing will help. Thursday morning at 9:30 AM there is a bullseye match at the PRPC. Not the same as combat shooting, but one does learn the basics of shooting a pistol one handed while standing at 25 and 50 yards.

Seems like I'm always working when something like that happens.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The good news - - -> The guy with the rifle might be a shitty shot. He might not be as good of shot with his rifle as you are with your pistol. To your advantage,he might just be spraying. He also might have never been shot at before except in video games. Several rounds coming his way he just might be doing more ducking than shooting.
    He also might have a lot less resolve to shoot up the place than you do to protect yourself and family.
    The bad news - - -> He might have plenty of ammo and be familiar with the location. He might be on drugs or genuinely not care or want to/be ready to die. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Big Shrek is making me feel bad for not picking up a Glock40/RMR to use for stand hog/deer instead of my old 20. Still could I guess (??) . . .

Naw, if somebody started shooting at me he would be related to Carlos Hathcock.

Top Bottom