Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbit Hunting

Rabbits seem to come and go in cycles around my place. Some years there are a pile of them running around and then they seem to disappear for a year or so. I seem to be in the disappearing mode now. Haven't seen a rabbit this whole year.

2. Likes MauserLarry's Post:

Usually I see a few rabbits around my place but itís fenced for the goats which also protects the rabbits
    Some years thereís more rabbits than goats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Young Guns Use Hearing Protection OR The Ringing In Your Ears Will Never Quit

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Usually I see a few rabbits around my place but it’s fenced for the goats which also protects the rabbits
    Some years there’s more rabbits than goats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it is possible that the goats run the foxes off. Take a very good fence to keep them out. Coyotes would likely go after the goats. A lot of people keep a burro to protect their goats from coyotes.

Their ain't a fox made that would take on a grown goat. ESPECIALLY a gray fox. And female goats are pretty protective of the young.
    A farmer friend has two donkey's in a 12A fenced area with his cows and horses. If a domestic dog or coyote enters the field,the cows and horses head for the barn. The donkey's take off after the intruders. If they catch it,and they work together extremely well,they will stomp it into mush. ---- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

6. 2 Like SAWMAN's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
    Their ain't a fox made that would take on a grown goat. ESPECIALLY a gray fox. And female goats are pretty protective of the young.
    A farmer friend has two donkey's in a 12A fenced area with his cows and horses. If a domestic dog or coyote enters the field,the cows and horses head for the barn. The donkey's take off after the intruders. If they catch it,and they work together extremely well,they will stomp it into mush. ---- SAWMAN
    Depends on size relative to goats. A pygmy goat i think would be within the prey size that a large grey fox could handle. Coyotes will decimate goat herds.
    Burros and mules are something else for sure.

Last edited by FrommerStop; 08-04-2019 at 10:19 AM.

I just saw a rabbit about 5 minutes ago tearing across my property. One of my dogs must have smelt it or other knew it was about since about a minute later he ran to where it disappeared and soon after his older sister followed him running about the semi-clear creek bottom searching for it.