• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think I'm going to be picking up a Z5RS next week... this will be my first roller delay platform. Anything I should know before hand or look out for? This will be a 2 stamp er, suppressed SBR once the form 1 gets approved.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Z5RS and LOVE it! Wish I had bought one sooner. I went with a brace for now until I make up my mind on whether I want an SBR or not. I keep going back and forth on it. I shot mine suppressed with a SiCo Hybrid. I'm tempted to pick up another MP5 in a K configuration. There's just so many guns out there that I want, it's hard to focus on one. Trying to be opportunistic and buy when a deal comes my way rather than seeking them out. That's how I came across my Z5RS. You won't regret it!

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forgot to add that some owners have said that if you use a tri lug mount that the paint will need to be removed because of how thick it is. I used a 1/2x28 piston to do a direct thread on mine. I'm waiting on Zenith to get the optics mounts back in stock so I can mount my red dot. Either putting my RMR or a Vortex Venom on mine.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    You might not need to SBR it unless you really want to - I shot one with the sidefolding brace they make for these side by side with a registered MP5A2, couldn’t tell the difference at all as far as functionality and comfort. Roller delayed guns get pretty dirty so be mindful of that. Other than that, mag availability / price is really the only drawback IMO. ETS started making mags but I’ve not seen or used one in the wild yet.

The MP5 may be one of the most fun guns I’ve ever shot. Recoil is nothing and it’s such an iconic design you can’t help but smile every time you fire one off.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You will probably find lubrication reference for "Medium Oil" at designated areas. We used TW25B Grease in those areas especially if your gonna really heat them up or you have cycling issues (non ammo): use grease. Lube but don't pack it like wheel bearings, Lol. We used it on 36 MP5s and they ran! I was a H&K Factory trained Armorer, passed my Pubs to another Forum Member.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have an MKE MP5 K (PDW) SBR'd. It's great... I have no issues either threading a can on or using the three lug mount.

qOuuTLK.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Like a so...
    a21f415a42dd40c88cc0f7a2439d8ddd.jpg

If you buy a 2019, it’ll need a quick all expense paid trip to the importer, so if you can factor a week or two for that, it’s well worth it. Mine is a 2017, and is my favorite firearm. Ever.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Like a so...

If you buy a 2019, it’ll need a quick all expense paid trip to the importer, so if you can factor a week or two for that, it’s well worth it. Mine is a 2017, and is my favorite firearm. Ever.

All my HK's are my favorite!!!

Did your friend gets his back yet? Any good reports on the repair?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    All my HK's are my favorite!!!
    Did your friend gets his back yet? Any good reports on the repair?
    He actually did, yes! Turnaround was less than 2 weeks. They said something about the ejector or extractor or something to that effect needed to be tuned. And now it’s good to go, in fact he just filed his stamp.
    If HK will manufacture stateside so they can bring something to market that is ready to go, sign me up, until then, I’ll pass.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He actually did, yes! Turnaround was less than 2 weeks. They said something about the ejector or extractor or something to that effect needed to be tuned. And now it’s good to go, in fact he just filed his stamp.
    If HK will manufacture stateside so they can bring something to market that is ready to go, sign me up, until then, I’ll pass.

TPM Outfitters... They are in TX and will build any HK you want. They did my HK MP5 SD. All there stuff is FA Ready. The best of the best.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good man! Got a can ready?
    Octane 9 and hybrid46 behind bars but available for conjugal visits with Nick... not as ideal as a 9k, but ... I thought you had an RMR on yours? Looks like you went with an Aimpoint?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dante, what's wrong with the 2019s? I've read a few QC issues with magwell slop and rear sights being canted. Anything I need to be aware of?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dante, what's wrong with the 2019s? I've read a few QC issues with magwell slop and rear sights being canted. Anything I need to be aware of?
    Wobbly mags, triggers failing to reset,
    excessive bolt gap, FTF, FTE.
    Check out the hkpro forum.
    Do know that the importer has really good smiths who really know what they’re doing and they’ll take care of you.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wobbly mags, triggers failing to reset,
    excessive bolt gap, FTF, FTE.
    Check out the hkpro forum.
    Do know that the importer has really good smiths who really know what they’re doing and they’ll take care of you.
    Well yeehaw... I'll be sure to function test it 500 rounds or so before I form 1 it I reckon.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No way to know until I put some mags through it, but everything seems great. Mags lock up tight with zero movement. Everything seems in spec to the best of my knowledge. This thing is sexy!
    acf50269127c3879a212e56efd08b8b9.jpg

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No way to know until I put some mags through it, but everything seems great. Mags lock up tight with zero movement. Everything seems in spec to the best of my knowledge. This thing is sexy!
    acf50269127c3879a212e56efd08b8b9.jpg

Make it sexier and SBR and get a stock on that reverse stretch... :)

Top Bottom