DK Firearms

How stupid can a private security guard be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Same laws apply to federal buildings. No possession on property not just in the facility. However exceptions are made and people are allowed to secure things in a vehicle or remove the items from property. Those are the 2 options and the list is a whole lot more involved than just firearms. It covers lots of stuff people dont think about

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . you should completely disarm so that if a postal employee goes . . ? . . well . . POSTAL,you are guaranteed no way to protect yourself.
    FUCK THAT ! ! ! ! ! ---- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lots of rules for where it's legal to carry. They only matter if you get caught...
    Just sayin.

Weigh the risks and choose your own adventure.

In this case, the LEO was in uniform, openly carrying. Federal rules are rules, and there happened to be an idiot there to stupidly enforce them. Guard could've been waaaay more professional. LEO did a great job not feeding the situation to escalation.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Same laws apply to federal buildings. No possession on property not just in the facility. However exceptions are made and people are allowed to secure things in a vehicle or remove the items from property. Those are the 2 options and the list is a whole lot more involved than just firearms. It covers lots of stuff people dont think about

i don't even think you are able to have one at a USACE boat ramp.

I think there were 2 idiots there...the guard..and the 911 caller not identifying the gun carrying guy as a Deputy

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Yep. One of the first things they are to do (if tactically feasible) is call their dispatch and inform them so they can roll feds if needed. Obviously and more imminent situation the phone call can wait. Only thing I can possibly think of is: guard was in a back room and told by employee “there is a man with a gun out front”. Upon first encounter common sense should have kicked in. Also if this is true the deputy should not have ignored the rule of no weapons. He should have immediately left the facility without trying to brush off the guard. A good guard should have tried to assist by grabbing the deputy a form if thats all that was needed. Lots of things not done right

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah . . . you should completely disarm so that if a postal employee goes . . ? . . well . . POSTAL,you are guaranteed no way to protect yourself.
    FUCK THAT ! ! ! ! ! ---- SAWMAN
    They are just making everyone equal.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A couple of days ago I went down to the Social Security Office on Garden St. in P'cola to help my wife with some paperwork.
    On the front door there are several signs warning about no guns,knives,etc. Inside sits a guard type guy wearing a Glock. He helps the old people that cannot figure out how to use the info kiosk,to push the buttons.
    This is the perfect place for the "pissed off at the government" type shooting.
    Did I disarm ?? Of course. I also wore my "PLEASE SHOOT ME FIRST" tee shirt. --- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "i don't even think you are able to have one at a USACE boat ramp." I'll try and check that out tomorrow Jester. I know the Corps sponsors youth hunts and handicapped hunts and veteran hunts so there must be some allowance for weapons but I do know we're not allowed to bring them on our bases.

edit.....Here is a pamphlet on Granada Lake in North Mississippi, good info but no gun restrictions listed.

https://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Grenada-Lake/Grenada-Lake-Recreation/

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I checked . . . and confirmed . . . that you cannot carry in any bank that is FDIC protected. :mod: - - :pound: ---- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "i don't even think you are able to have one at a USACE boat ramp." I'll try and check that out tomorrow Jester. I know the Corps sponsors youth hunts and handicapped hunts and veteran hunts so there must be some allowance for weapons but I do know we're not allowed to bring them on our bases.

edit.....Here is a pamphlet on Granada Lake in North Mississippi, good info but no gun restrictions listed.

https://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/Missions/Recreation/Grenada-Lake/Grenada-Lake-Recreation/

https://corpslakes.erdc.dren.mil/employees/cecwon/pdfs/18May14-FirearmsPossessionGuidance.pdf
    there are conditions

I checked . . . and confirmed . . . that you cannot carry in any bank that is FDIC protected. :mod: - - :pound: ---- SAWMAN

My bank doesn't know this. The told my employee that open carried when she was there they welcomed the deterrent after someone inside complained.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think we need more information here. Many banks hire their own security and there are armored car services that regularly enter such banks.
    Basically, what is penalty for such relative to a civilian that does it.
    What is the source for this?
    This is important because I normally carry when in a bank.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Link is FDIC Circular on firearms policy. Under Definitions it just talks about FDIC Owned and Leased building and Offices. It does not mention Banks or financial institutions that are federally insured by he FDIC. As far as I know only Montana has a Specific State firearms restriction "in" Banks.
    Anybody got a different Reference?

Link is a PDF:
    https://www.fdic.gov/formsdocuments/1600-1.doc

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So much sarcasm and (un?)intended confusion going on here.

Legal reality:
    -Federal buildings are no-no's for firearms.
    -Post Office property (parking lot, too) is a no-no for a firearm.
    -Banks are the same as the grocery store.

And, a more appropriate reality: if they don't have a metal detector or body search, you can take their dumbass policy under advisement.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Some post office facilities are in rented/leased buildings,especially in the smaller,rural communities.
    Can you concealed carry (with permit) on the grounds and in the building ??
    How about in Vermont or New Mexico ?? --- SAWMAN

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Has anyone every reached into the mail truck when the driver pulls into your driveway to give you the mail and your carrying? When your arm crosses the window threshold did your just commit a felony? should I only reach to the window and not through it?

SO MANY RULES :help:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Has anyone every reached into the mail truck when the driver pulls into your driveway to give you the mail and your carrying? When your arm crosses the window threshold did your just commit a felony? should I only reach to the window and not through it?

SO MANY RULES :help:

That is funny - if the mail-lady comes down my drive to deliver a package, she is usually handing me a gun.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone ever reached into the mail truck when the driver pulls into your driveway to give you the mail and your carrying? When your arm crosses the window threshold did your just commit a felony?
    Even homeowner purchased residential mailboxes belong to and are controlled by the USPS, that's why it's a federal offense to tamper with one. So by that reasoning, if you reach into yours while carrying a firearm...:nono:

Top Bottom