• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a savage 24C , that’s the camper special with 20 inch barrels . 22 LR over 20 gauge . They come with cyl bore only and I wanted some choke so I had it threaded for screw in chokes ,the barrel is pretty thin so I went with the True choke system. I’m trying to pattern it and can’t remember all the details as to how it’s done . So what’s the correct at home way to pattern it? I have skeet 1 , skeet 2 , modified ,full and a extra full extended choke tubes , but have been told that the only to tell for sure is to shoot it with the ammunition I intend to use to see what pattern it throws with each choke.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Skeet2 equal to Lt Modified. Your doing two things a. POA vs POI and b. Pattern size and pellet distribution/density within the pattern. Because of the differences in powder and shot: it is true that best "reference" results will come from patterning each load at given distances.

For me: #7.5 @ 30 yards with each choke. If I wanted to headshot a gobbler or scattergun deer: I would test the specific load.
    NOTE:
    Bismuth and Steel pattern and range slightly different from Lead.
    If you have a requirement to use Steel Shot: make sure it is compatable with your chokes!

Top Bottom