• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sucks, I’m truly sorry that happened to you.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a tangentially related note to the OP.

Two bills protecting the Second Amendment rights of veterans need to be debated by the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, according to Republican members of the committee, who sent a letter last week to the panel’s chairman...

The bills aim to stop some veterans from being included on lists used during background checks that could interfere with their ability to purchase or own a gun.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/rep...top-some-vets-from-losing-gun-rights-1.591604

Last edited:

Salty Dawg

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Availability is NOT the root cause. That is just a ploy to restrict legal ownership. When I was a teenager (late 50's & early 60's) I could go into any sporting goods store and purchase a rifle, shougun, or handgun. I could do the same at big department stores and local hardware stores. Many even had a barrel full of surplus military weapons for sale. Just pay your money and walk out with your gun. And If you didn't see what you wanted, you could order one thru one of the many mail order catalogs and they would mail it directly to your house. THAT was AVAILABILITY. But there were no mass shootings and the only suicide I knew was a friend's grandmother who had terminal cancer and she hung herself in the cellar stairwell. (there were several guns in the house.)
    When I returned from Vietnam (I was Infantry) in 1967, there was no wind down time, shrinks, or anything else. Just get your paperwork and return to a society that didn't want you.
    What they are proposing now is and will not be a solution. Availability of guns is not the cause, and removing our right to have them is not the answer. The problem is the complete lack of discipline in youth. It needs to start at home in infancy and continue thru school ages. And without the fear of discipline, there can no SELF discipline ever developed. To quote General Robert E Lee, " Discipline is training that makes punishment unnecessary".

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    great first post.

glad to have you, thank you for your years of service...

m16

Top Bottom