• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Gun show starts at 9 am on nine mile Rd today Sat 7/20 and tomorrow Sun 7/21 come join us !

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Some purchases

I bought 3 yesterday, then ran out of money. Not pictured is a Glock 21.

Attachments

• P7200044 (1024x768).jpg
      P7200044 (1024x768).jpg
      88.4 KB · Views: 435
    • P7200045 (1024x768).jpg
      P7200045 (1024x768).jpg
      82.9 KB · Views: 435
    • P7200051 (1024x768).jpg
      P7200051 (1024x768).jpg
      87.5 KB · Views: 437
    • P7200052 (1024x768).jpg
      P7200052 (1024x768).jpg
      98.8 KB · Views: 441

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was hoping to have cash in my gun fund but it is still empty. I’m waiting on the title work to close the deal on the lots that I’m selling and refuse to spend money I don’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was very disappointed too.

I know dealers need make money and I understand and agree but yesterday confirmed the dealers (all types) are there to jack the prices way up, no deals, and offer you way way under book value

I had a S&W 586 blued, 1984, barely shot, 6inch barrell (collectors grade) has original numbers matching box and original paperwork, Dealers offering me $400-500.. yea (sarcastic) then 1 dealer asked me what I wanted, I told him, He said with a sarcastic laugh not at this gun show, but yet he had guns priced well above the price I said, and no where close to the shape/condition my gun was in.. Lot of dealers (not all) are trying to screw people over, but most of us know. Another example, guy was there selling silver.. I asked how much for a silver eagle, he replied with $24 each, I just laughed and walked off. I can get new silver eagles for $5 less at a coin shop in town and usually $5 to $6 cheaper each online. I mean they take us for fools, do they not think we know prices and shop around..? So , not only was there less dealers than years past, most have jacked up their prices.. gun shows use to be where you could find deals, not any more... sad to say

Last edited:

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got back from the show and I was pretty disappointed. It was pretty dead and there were very few deals to be found. Hardly any accessories or mags. Really it was pathetic compared to the past 2 Shriner shows. Not many people walking around or walking around with guns for sale. I've been having better luck on GB & other internet sites than locally lately.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had a good experience. I sold several near my asking price and bought one at a good price. I will be back!

pistolpedro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have to agree on the lighting. I learned my lesson years ago at the Hadji when I bought something that was not as it had appeared once I was in good lighting. I now take a small flashlight with me. The lighting in the main hall is poor but the wings are even worse. Welcome to the world of LED

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had a great time there. But it certainly was very apparent there were a lot less vendors there this time.
    Wonder why? Not enough notifications, advertising, info, timing, etc ??

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think that promoters want so much to rent a table it’s not possible for vendors to price their guns reasonably.
    I was thinking just the other day what a great show it would be if somebody had a venue that didn’t cost an arm and a leg to rent, rent out tables cheap to individuals only. Heck, make it informal, everybody brings their own table.
    Didn’t the forum have a flea market several years ago?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think that promoters want so much to rent a table it’s not possible for vendors to price their guns reasonably.
    I was thinking just the other day what a great show it would be if somebody had a venue that didn’t cost an arm and a leg to rent, rent out tables cheap to individuals only. Heck, make it informal, everybody brings their own table.
    We did something like this a few years ago. We need to do it again for sure. Maybe this fall sometime...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gulfcoastgun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

We are going to be hosting a swap meet August 17th in our parking lot. Check out our Facebook page for more details. Should be fun.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We are going to be hosting a swap meet August 17th in our parking lot. Check out our Facebook page for more details. Should be fun.

Great, keep it posted up so some of us old people don't forget. I mean we are still in July

Top Bottom